So, user, what's your favorite 2016 post-punk record? I'm listening

So, user, what's your favorite 2016 post-punk record? I'm listening.

Other urls found in this thread:

flasherdc.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=AWEpzs_Birk
youtube.com/watch?v=rcAIJLFsBhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QPNocG2yXvM
youtube.com/watch?v=-ACRkQSYZYA
youtube.com/watch?v=COAlgpiaq1w
youtube.com/watch?v=loof31p73to
youtube.com/watch?v=Lnvxzef3lAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the Parquet Courts album considered post-punk? If so that.
I'll probably enjoy the new Preoccupations album when it comes out as well.

OOOOOOOOOO ME NO SPEAK CHINESE >_

Don't get your hopes up for Preoccupations, if Viet Cong was an 8, it's about a 5.

As for OP's question, I'd certainly like to know, haven't heard much from that scene this year. Really liked Ought's record last year.

I thought Viet Cong's was a borderline 10 to be honest, and I like the two I've heard already from their new one.
There's a band called Omni that made a decent one this year. Eagulls made a decent one as well, as did Savages. I've not heard anything else.

While we're at it. Anyone got something from 2015/2016 that could be considered obscure? I'm already done with the "major" releases like Sun Coming down, Why choose etc. As for what I liked, the omni record was pretty great.

flasherdc.bandcamp.com/releases

still my AOTY desu

Oh shit that's right I've heard a lot of good things about Omni, I should really check them out, cheers man. And yeah I hope you like the new preoccupations more than I did, only 3 of the 9 tracks stuck out to me (memory, degraded, fever)

Bambara- Swarm

pretty edgy but decent

Dories - Outside Observer or Omni Deluxe

Dead graps

"I've never really listened to post-punk, but if you've got any albums to recommend I'll give them a listen and let you know what I think"

pleb

one of the best rock records of the last 16 years

>every post punk band writes lame ass lyrics about whew capitalist consumer lifestyle is so empty blahhh
even for someone who goes out of his way to ignore lyrics this is really distracting. i have a hard time giving a pass even to great bands like gang of four, let alone their thrift shopping millennial followers. and a band like public image ltd I can't even make it through a song it's like talking to your edgelord little cousin who wants everyone to call him 'Moloch'

Cindey Lee (Pat Flegel from Women pretending to be a woman)
youtube.com/watch?v=AWEpzs_Birk

Trust Punks (What the new preoccupations should've been like, one of my AOTYs)
youtube.com/watch?v=rcAIJLFsBhQ

Ausmuteants (synth punk but kicks ass)
youtube.com/watch?v=QPNocG2yXvM

Normil Hawaiians (experimental post-punk from 1985, released last year on upset the rhythm)
youtube.com/watch?v=-ACRkQSYZYA

Naked Lights (female fronted no-wave/post-punk band, another of my AOTYs)
youtube.com/watch?v=COAlgpiaq1w

Lithics (angular, female fronted post-punk)
youtube.com/watch?v=loof31p73to

Palm (mathy, experimental, progressive post-punk, incredible musicianship)
youtube.com/watch?v=Lnvxzef3lAU

Cemetery - Wind & Shadows and the Demo Collection LP

telstar drugs - sonatine
dories - stripped is from 2014 but it's still great
freak heat waves - bonnie's state of mind

Still better than your 16 year old brother "Thomas" who thinks that all the evils of the world come from woman, immigrants and anti-capitalists.