Which genre is going to be the next "art music"? Right now we have jazz and classical...

Which genre is going to be the next "art music"? Right now we have jazz and classical, but what else are conservatories going to offer in the next 20 years?

>tfw it's still going to be the same old shit

Rap and edm

Some already do metal.
Vaporwave is an art form :^)
Do they offer blues?

Math rock maybe.

>Metal
Are you fucking serious? I wanna know which school offers metal.

I can definitely see a subject on electronic music, not EDM though, maybe stuff like Aphex .

Interest bump

kpop
nightcore
metal

Probably hip hop. Seriously.

contemporary classical
lol no

I think it'll be hip hop.

whatever the white middle/upper classes deem appropriate.

Rap and hip hop desu.

Yeah if one of Sup Forums becomes a music prof

have you ever heard abour suicide? you should try it

>What is shitposting?

noise

>thinks shit posting is fun
>this is how someone spends their "life"

Yeah I can see noise being taught as "other forms of music"

Frankie Teardrop is their only worthwhile track, though.

The 'weird frontier' of pop music (Ferraro, 0pn, Blunt etc.)

even the more conventional mainstream pop artists like bon iver and frank ocean are following in their footsteps and embracing a post-modern, post-internet aesthetic. Its only a matter of time before pop music and pop art becomes the refined centrepiece of global culture

>maybe stuff like Aphex .

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL have you idiots never heard of Stauckhausen? He's already done everything Richard and the "weird frontier" have done ten times over, decades ago.

art music now is still classical and jazz, and it will probably always be that way. classical and jazz didn't just disappear after the 19th century, the thing is is that it's harder to know who the most important composers of our generation are when we're only 16 years into the century.

maybe in a few decades we will know who the greatest composers of right now are.

*Stockhausen

black metal, not kidding

If I had to guess: some sort of a post-classical orchestra, with very custom instrumentation (in terms of ethnicity, scale, etc) and 'post-genre' musical structures.

Hip hop, rap, r&b and neo soul.

IDM. Simple as that. Totally different approach to conventional way of creating music.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA

Bump

Folk music already is.

Noise.

Do they teach electronic music in college?

this.
"art music" as op defines it will never change because upper and middle class whiteys are too afraid of any other music.

lol it's literally three people and they're pussies too so what's the big deal