Any love for Mac Demarco?

Fucking love this shit, only recently did someone introduce me to his music, cried my eyes out.

10/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sSrsY_eCTVM
youtube.com/watch?v=U9PVGYf_haE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tame impala wannabe

Yung Lean of rock music

Sometimes i need him.

This

Some Other Ones is probably his best album. No joke.

Although specifically designed for BBQing, it works in nearly every situation. At least the ones in my life, anyway. I've been listening to it on average once every other day for 3 or 4 weeks straight. It's both phenomenal background music AND walking-somewhere-with-headphones material.

lmao

Is that the guy who got caught diddling kids at a house party?

Listen to Connan Mockasin, he's the patrician counterpart to Mac.

2 > salad days
Another One is so fuckin shit

Sean Nicholas Savage is far superior at making that type of music

His memeing is also more fun

>fucking love this shit
>cried my eyes out 10/10

Listen I like the guy and all, but noone has ever had this reaction to his music. He's in the dictionary next to "pretty ok"

>only recently did someone introduce me to his music
dw couple months from now you'll realize hes meh
most of his fanbase is just new people discovering him

This. Cooking Up Something Good is his best.

This is objective fact.

indie metal sucks

the only reason Mac is so popular is because he's turned into an icon and a character. I gotta admit, he's hard not to like as a person and his music is very relaxing and easy to jam to, but I could never see myself crying to his music.

also,
2 > Another One > Salad Days. Another One would've been the best if it was longer.

this. in 2012 when 2 came out, yeah fun for a while. but fuck me if it's not a tedious bore by this stage.

for simple guitar music post 2010: real estate > mac.

Why is it so cool to hate on Maccy, guys?

nobody hates him. we dislike his same old songs and his fanbase of kids calling him DADDY while they ironically buy thrift store clothes when they all come from middle class families

another one and 2 are good albums rest is meh

this

Apparently he just made a whole new album of the same material he's been doing for years but he won't release it because he wants to try a new style.
Source: an interview

Hell be fine

fucl hjoim

>2 > Another One > Salad Days. Another One would've been the best if it was longer.

This is a good post, thanks user

This

If he wasn't such a cool dude he wouldn't be nearly as successful. He's a really smart dude. He recognized the fact that he was likeable and had a personality people gravitated to, so he built his brand on that personality. Because of that, he can probably keep releasing albums inspired by all his favorite soft rock artists fort he rest of his life and continue to have an audience.

Personally I'm not too into him. He sounds a lot like Tonetta, but without the interesting image and the edge and with a sound that's sort of watered down for normies, but he seems like such a humble guy that I can't help but be happy for him. I want to see him continue to be successful.

I just recently discovered Tonetta and I'm obsessed with him. Any similar recommendations?

youtube.com/watch?v=sSrsY_eCTVM

He tried to touch my wiener

why does his voice sound so different on rock and roll night club from the rest of his records

Pitch shifting
It's called vaporwave you just dont get it

this is why i like him tho

Ironically? They buy it because they think it's cool

>crying to music
lol

tru
mac's aesthetic is nice 90s normcore
just genuinely looks good and its cheap too

t. middle class 16 year old boy
>hurr I'll dress poor because it looks cool!!!
Ever think about the people who go to goodwill because it's all they can afford? All the decent clothes are getting bought by you trendy retards and they're stuck with buying fucking race for diabetes 2006 t-shirts.

They probably dont care that much about what's fashionable though. Cool age argument too bro

oh no we're culturally appropriating the poor how classist

can you stupid social justice fuckers go one day without finding something to be outraged about?

>>>/tumblr/

POPPY DID IT BETTER

youtube.com/watch?v=U9PVGYf_haE

It's not trying to look poor. Mac's fashion is just basics with some workwear/90s vintage thrown in. Is anyone wearing just a plain crew neck shirt and jeans also a tryhard hipster?

disregarding his personality, there's something addicting about his music for me. I saw him live for the first time this week and it was a great show. The audience wasn't near as bad as I've heard either

>this is a new song, it's called Blue Boy Pt. 2
>15 minute Enter Sandman jam

>tame impala
>not the 100s of psychedelic bands who did what theyre currently doing 50 years ago