ITT: albums people must disavow before you consider them to have good taste

disavow this album
it's a 5/10 at best

I give it a 212/1000. The best thing about the album is the production, followed by the pretty vocals (not Kanye's).

Yeah, Fantano was generous with the 6. Almost half of it is unlistenable.

Shut up nerd

disavow

If someone thinks MBDTF is not at least a 7/10 I immediately disregard that persons """opinion""" on music.

I used to think this a 5/10 at first. Took me a month of slowly listening to it, before I gave up. Then one day I came home drunk as fuck, and decided to give one last shot, and it just clicked. It has become one of my favs since.

>implying that because someone's opinion differs from yours, it's not an opinion

>drunk as fuck
>it just clicked
You were drunk. Inebriated people are not rational.

I used to think this album was a 9/10, but almost all of Kanye's discography doesn't hold up years later. CD and LR are still as great as they were, but this is a 7.5/10. It's too long and Monster and Still Appalled are so fucking boring it's unreal.

So*

disavow

Yeah, but I have loved even when sober ever since.

I don't see why people always point out good production on this thing. I mean, it's decent but it's not like there are no underwhelming moments. There are better produced albums that get no recognition for production whatsoever. 6/10.

The more time I spend on Sup Forums and the more music I listen to, I have found that people have a broad range of tastes and different capacities for music. Really, it doesn't matter how music is rated, only the enjoyment it can give the listener. It's the listener that often blows things out of proportion and causes controversy. I personally don't care for Kanye West's music, but I'm not going to think less of someone who does. That album may very well be a favorite of somebody, that doesn't make it the best, and that doesn't make it bad. And, expecting everybody's taste to align is stupid.

It became an instant favorite for me the day it dropped. If you don't like it, you're gay right?

Especially if you're a fedora wearing "le hip hop is bad" faggot who are intolerable.

This seems very familiar

lmao literally everyone realises this

Sup Forums is just an ironic board, we just like to ironically shit on each other's taste

MBDTF is barely hip-hop bruh
and even if it was it is shitty hip-hop

All the songs got too much airplay. If you hadn't heard power, runaway, or even monster a million times before even listening to the album, then you'd have given it a nine or ten too.

This. 100% percent. I loved G.O.O.D Fridays as Kanye dropped some serious heat from the leftovers of the MBDTF sessions. Multiple of them could have been lead singles even for AAA artists. Too bad he eventually fucked by including album material to the mix.

Don't get me wrong, the project were obviously dope. But when I finally got my hands on the retail version of MBDTF I felt like I got a few extra tracks for my money. user left it out but by the time the LP hit the shelves I knew "So Appalled" from the top off my head.