Why do so many people hate on Bryce? Why do so many people prefer that dull...

Why do so many people hate on Bryce? Why do so many people prefer that dull, personality-less piece of wood Mike Trout instead?

literally who?

They can both fuck off, I don't care. Bryce Harper is a flaming faggot and a douche though, that's why people don't like him

He's fun to hate. He's a petulant child who's never had anything go wrong for him and probably never will. I hate the living fuck out of him, but I'm glad he's there. He's makes baseball fun, in part because hating people is fun.

>dull personality-less
i think you figured it out just fine

People hate him for no good reason

what sport is this?

Baseball.

As for why they hate him? He was anointed the second coming of Jesus by the baseball press before he was even 18 and was drafted by the Nationals, a shit team who overnight went from shit sandwich city to a contender due to the energy with which Bryce brought to the team.

And most likely, Bryce will stay with the Nats when free agency comes along, denying the Yankees the ability to buy up another major star in the process.

I wonder how much the hate comes from Bryce also being white.

For a while, it was seriously looking like Baseball was going to end up like the NFL: minorities dominating every team after the league owners found out they could ship in Central American players as ringers.

If a black player or hispanic player, acted like Bryce did, the media would love him unconditionally for his coon behavior. But since Bryce is a white boy; the second coming of Christian Launtner, he gets shitted upon by everyone for not being a weak, limp-wristed beta white male

Chill out Stormfront, everyone goes nuts when David Ortiz does anything similar

for

Difference between Harper and Laettner is that Laettner actually won though. Which made the blacks hated him all the more.....

But it's all because of the hype backlash, plus the fact that Bryce doesn't play for a major market team. Had the Yankees managed to draft him or fucked the Nationals out of signing him (through the usual Scott Boras dirty tricks) to get their mitts on him, no one would be complaining about Bryce's diva attitudes.

I hate when nogs nig out as much as the next rational person but I also hate Harper. It's mostly just his name and his face though probably. Papelbon telling him to run the fucking ball out was awesome though, even though he's just as big of a douche as Harper

That pic of him choking him out really puts Pap's size into perspective

I would be terrified of that dude

At least big poopi has the credentials to do so. harper has never even won a playoff series

One thing that may keep Bryce from joining the Yankees is that the Yankees are Nazis when it comes to facial hair and so long as Girardi is in charge, that isn't going to change one bit.

Bryce would have to give up his manly beard and might not be willing to deal with the facial hair Nazi police as a tradeoff for whatever the Yankees offer him.

Plus, being a Yankee isn't exactly the big thing it once was. They've only won a single World Series in the last fifteen years after all and Girardi's most likely going to get fired after this season, given how god-awful things have gotten.

>And most likely, Bryce will stay with the Nats when free agency comes along

i bet he goes to cubs if cubs don't world series this year.

Supposedly Boras and the Nats have been negotiating Bryce's free agent contract for quite some time.

Bryce wants to stay and the Nats have been working like crazy to keep the team a strong contender, even ditching Matt Williams as coldly as they did to keep Bryce happy.

It's also why several longtime Nats like Jordan Zimmerman was allowed to walk away from the team via free agency last year. Supposedly Bryce and Boras have already decided how much they want out of the Nationals to get Bryce to stay and the Nats, as a result, are basing pretty much ALL of their roster moves/acquisitions/releases, on a budget designed to ensure that they can cough up the cash to keep Bryce from bolting to another team.

>Baseball players win series on their own

He was the only guy who showed up in that 2014 series vs the Giants

Girardi won't be fired. The Yankees problems aren't due to him
Being a Yankee isn't a big deal? His number is 34 because of he idolizes Mickey Mantle (3+4=7)

Also he would make the most money in the best ballpark for him to hit in

There's no reason to stay in DC.

If he goes to NYC and actually delivers, he'll be annointed the face of baseball and Jeter's heir. He'll be swimming in endorsements.

Tfw he's not on my favorite team but I'll follow him to any team he goes cuz he's fun as fuck to watch

>Plus, being a Yankee isn't exactly the big thing it once was.

They're the premier team in one of, if not the biggest, media markets in the world.

If Bryce were to win with the Yankees he'd be a billion dollar athlete.

they're jelly of his hair

>Baseball players win series on their own
i would argue that ortiz actually has

just saying that harper doesn't have any real storied accomplishments yet. he probably will but fuck him anyway

He's already MVP and in commercials and rich as fuck, who cares? Staying with the Nationals is the kind of douches hipster thing he would do just to be a special snowflake

It's not like DC is some shit city like Pittsburgh or Cleveland. It's not NYC but it's a huge market.

I watch my disappointment of a team, but I tune into his games cuz hes entertaining. I'm rooting for the guy just like how I root for watt even tho he isn't on my team

I don't really get the hate for Harper. The dude just plays hard and with passion. He's entertaining. He's an alpha male badass that does whatever he wants.

I've heard this talked about before and I truly believe it: there is a conspiracy/campaign to inflate Mike Trout as a player. There is NO WAY Trout is putting up the WAR that he gets. His defense isn't that great either.

Trout 2015
.991 OPS = 8.9 WAR

Harper 2015
1.109 OPS = 8.9 WAR

oWAR*

I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily, but you literally only listed 1 stat to compare to WAR. If that's how it worked there wouldn't be a WAR stat.

shit, you're right

Miguel Cabrera:
OPS: 1.078
wRC+: 193
wOBA: .455

oWAR: 9.1

Mike Trout
OPS: .988
wRC+: 176
wOBA: .423

oWAR: 10.0

Miguel Cabrera:
OPS: .999
wRC+: 166
wOBA: .417

oWAR: 7.7

Mike Trout
OPS: .963
wRC+: 167
wOBA: .409

oWAR: 8.6

Harper
wRC+: 197
wOBA: .462

Trout:
wRC+: 172
wOBA: .415

maybe it's a park factor or something

I KNEW IT

The eye test doesn't pass muster on Trout either!!!

Harper had the highest WAR in the league, tho. Not exactly a conspiracy.

oWAR+dWAR
Harper: 8.9+.04
Trout: 8.9+1.0

You best start believing in conspiracies lad, you're in one.

Oh and Harper is at least equal to Trout in fielding.

sorry i just now saw you're actually talking oWAR. Trout's was .03 higher?

WAA

Trout 2013 WAA: 8.6
.323/.432/.557/.988, 27 HR

Harper 2015 WAA: 7.9
.330/.460/.649/1.109, 42 HR

What the flying fuck

Trout and Harper had equal oWAR in 2015, supposedly.

Need I say more?

>Meme Trout

What has happened to Trout’s tools? Speed is down, average is still strong, but also going down.

What’s up, is power.

And this wouldn’t be the first time that a high-average, high-power hitter gradually became a low-average, high-power hitter.

In 2006, Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard belted 58 homers while hitting .313 en route to the National League MVP. Howard’s power numbers remained elite for several more years, but as his strikeout rate inclined and batting average dipped, Howard’s value diminished.

Howard was no longer a franchise player, but was instead a prototypical cleanup hitter – a one-tool (power), feast or famine player.

If Trout doesn’t run, defend, or hit for average, what’s the difference between him and Ryan Howard from 2010-2011 or Adam Dunn from 2004-2010?

Both Howard and Dunn settled into the role of prototypical cleanup hitter, and there is nothing wrong with that. Both were very good, very productive hitters for a long time.

But if Mike Trout is to be the greatest thing on Earth, being a one-tool or two-tool pony just isn’t good enough.

>17 post-season ABs
lulz

>Howard was no longer a franchise player
Just kind of curious what you mean by "franchise player" in baseball. I mean, he's started for them for like 15 years or something.

I didn't write that, someone else did.

But Howard has ceased to be a blue chipper.

delete this