Stop making sense is the greatest live album of all time

Stop making sense is the greatest live album of all time

"no"

All good choices.

"no"

Joke's over, everyone.

Never got the hype desu. It was a great performance but IMO a fantastic live album has to provide the definitive version of the songs played. In most cases, I'd rather listen to the studio versions than the ones of Stop Making Sense

Alive 2007 is probably the best example of a live album blowing a studio discography out the water. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds isn't as popular, but IMO the Live Seeds album is another fucking great example of this. Most of those songs I can't listen to the studio versions any more because the live ones are so fucking good

Stop Making Sense has the definitive version of every Speaking In Tongues song on it, IMO.

Wow, really? Those songs in particular are what steers me AWAY from liking SMS that much. Swamp to me sounded a bit weaker in the live version, same with GF Is Better. I can't say why but I prefer the studio Slippery People, maybe it just sounds smoother? I'll give you Burning Down The House though, the energy on that one live is much better

Literally every song on stop making sense is much better than the album versions. Especially life during wartime

fishmans

no

These albums are all good, but here comes the God of live albums. Just the energy you can feel in his music.

This

No op, just no.

Last Waltz?

>IMO a fantastic live album has to provide the definitive version of the songs played.

This is the case or every song on Stop Making Sense.

>I'd rather listen to the studio versions than the ones of Stop Making Sense

why?

you are wrong op

My personal favorite
Also great

I personally prefer this one

same here familia

seconded

What are the point of live albums?

>tax deductible charity organizaaatiooonnsss
>aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They sound different from studio albums