Did I just get memed?

Did I just get memed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cffakEiLjL8
youtube.com/watch?v=_hgD2Wi2ZnA
youtube.com/watch?v=PHacXpUis1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no? that's a classic album, any jazz fan knows that.

In theory a neat idea, in practice it sounds like shit. Drummer's on point though.

Did you listen with headphones? If you do that the two quartets are much more distinguishable.
It's all about the interplay man. In the rhythm section, the double basses alternate which person plays in a high or low register, the drummers constantly play off eachothers fills. Then in the frontline you have the free soloing, and you can hear who is confident and who isn't, and how that changes over the record. I like hearing Dolphy constantly poking at people in the middle.

It's a fun album basically, and it's not even that free in the grand scheme of free jazz

>jazzfag posts his collection of vintage spiderman memes when he sees an opinion he doesn't like

typical

TYPICAL
Y
P
I
C
A
L

meme'sposters get outno meme's here

Is this for real?

GTFO
GO

nice dubs btw
checked

For pete's sake...

that's my favorite free jazz album, You EGG!!!

I listen to this three times a day. There's always new surprises.

What tf the fuck?

bump to piss off the mad Sup Forumstard

the thread would have died quickly if he didn't post. It's really dumb

Who me?
Yeah, and I got banned twice for it.
I kinda like jazz, or did. I know everyone else hates it, so I was doing everyone a favor by keeping this one going. :D

So why exactly do people hate on jazz so much?

for the same reason people hate mimes.

I think people just hate what they don't understand.
There have been some great artist from the jazz/blues arena.

Well, there's definitely radio friendly jazz and then there's free jazz. I don't think the general public is big on jazz in general, let alone free jazz, so there's no surprise that someone didn't like Ornette Coleman.

No, don't misunderstand. I am not arguing that fact.
I am calling attention to the fact that people will go out of their way to shit in a thread about something they have zero interest in.
Kpop can burn to hell for all I care. But you don't see me going in those threads and wrecking the thread cause I don't like it.

Not targeting you, just saying.

I listen to jazz myself and I don't feel targeted in any way and I agree - I'm not spamming Kpop threads, just because I don't like that music. This thread was made by someone from Sup Forums, right?

Actually you got double-memed one for each quartet

Back in the day, even other jazz musicians didn't like Ornette Coleman. They denounced him and tried to distance themselves from him.

What's more likely? Coleman was too advanced for their small brains to handle? Or his music was just fucking atrocious?

Except for all the ones that really mattered, who have played with him. Who cares if some smooth jazz old guy who doesn't understand music changing didn't like him.

>what's a comma?

I'm more inclined to believe the former, since he quite literally created the shape of jazz to come.

I can definitely hear how Ornette Coleman influenced Captain Beefheart's Trout mask replica, which came out 10 years after Coleman's: A shape of jazz to come.

Some didn't like him true. Obviously Miles didn't but Miles has publicly shit talked everyone at some point. Coltrane was a big fan of his. Ornette highly influenced Coltrane's later 60's freer stuff.

BALLS OUT FOR BANTU

Holy tripping balls-a-fire...
An actual jazz discussion?
What magical beast has bestowed his blessings of reasonable deliberation upon mere mortals?

It's probably because mods banned people who were memeing.

Are there any ''tame'' or somewhat accessible Ornette Coleman's albums?

I just tried to jam with it for a bit with guitar, it's crazy feeling
I tried to either add my line in between, or repeat some frase after it was played and hit the tonal centre, and felt accurate for the most part

does it mean I am getting jam situation ready?

The Shape of Jazz to Come

The Shape of Jazz to Come.

Not tame by any means but if you find it inaccessible you're on the wrong board.

Nope still here. They tried. Bless their hearts.

Thanks. I don't find it inaccessible really, I've listened to everything from The Residents to Captain Beefheart. I don't think anything can really catch me off guard at this point. Do you have any resources for understanding the theory of his works or free jazz in general?

I think Coleman (at least that album) works better if you go into it not worrying about theory or anything like that. Just take in the feel of it.

the early Ornette albums are not that far from the jazz of the time - try Something Else!!!! for example if you're OK with bebop
youtube.com/watch?v=cffakEiLjL8

for anyone who has listened to experimental rock, the 70's free funk of his Prime Time band should be fairly accessible
Body Meta: youtube.com/watch?v=_hgD2Wi2ZnA
Dancing In Your Head: youtube.com/watch?v=PHacXpUis1U

Because the Jazz scene was always full of Norman Granz motherfuckers who were purists.

Genius isn't always appreciated in the time it's expressed