Once upon a time I was a rabid dadrocker...

Once upon a time I was a rabid dadrocker. Sixteen years young and boastful of the fact that not a single album in my collection was released in my lifetime. So rabidly anti-electronica and anti-hip hop and citing "artistry" and "musicianship" while totally ignorant of other genres.

I legitimately thought Dark Side of the Moon and The Velvet Underground & Nico were fringe albums only enjoyed by ultra nerds who took music super seriously. I had elaborate fantasies about "bringing back rock" with my own utterly awful music. I would see "pop" music exposed for the con that it was.

I thought I was the fucking toast of the town. A persecuted intellectual above the petty, superficial pleasures of my peers. They were too intimidated by my intelligence. It had nothing to do with the AC/DC shirt stretched over my rolls of flab and the literal greasy neckbeard.

I cringe with embarrassment. Anyone else a reformed dadrocker?

No but I love watching anime

While I can't stand anime (never have) I'm positive it'd be an improvement.

Yeah man, everyone is pretty much an ignorant idiot about most things when they are a teenager. I also had many very stupid opinions and tastes when I was was that age. I really don't see it as that hard a thing to cringe over, it's just a previous phase of your life.

I used to be a dadrocker when I was 14, actually pretty similar to your story, OP.
What music do you listen to now?

Classic rock AND ALSO OTHER MUSIC AS WELL

Death Grips, Swans, Neutral Milk Hotel, the list goes on.

I kind of figured. I wanted to know if anyone on Sup Forums had this exact same awkward, stupid, ignorant story.

My whole family *plays* music. So there's no "boo X genre sucks!" and no "you gotta listen to Y!" around me. I've been listening to literally anything since I've been born. And yet I have no idea what most of you are talking about; I'm not a music buff, sure. But I can actually live with myself while listening to anything I enjoy.

So you haven't even developed an own taste since your teen years, but just turned into a typical cringy Sup Forumsbot?

That's not me. You seriously don't notice a meme when it's posted?

Why can't you stand anime? Legitimately curious

Well, you were the dadrocker, so I figured you might actually be that retarded.

simple, it's faggot shit.
and I hate faggots

Yeah, that's not a real reason, but whatevs

It's too much. It's just way too much. It's just too much exaggeration, stylisation and overstimulation. Even the more "understated" anime people have cited seem to be way too proud of their subtlety to allow for any genuine sentiment or artistry to come through. A wide shot that lasts 45 seconds? Just long enough for me to stroke my chin and admire how DEEP, ATMOSPHERIC AND PROFOUND THIS MOMENT IS.

That's fair.

But to also be fair you couldn't spot the meme from "the list goes on"? How new are you?

This is also not me.

There's a ton of anime that doesn't exaggerate stuff

I've watched enough to know I ain't into it. What do you want from me?

Just letting you know that not all anime is 'faggot shit'

I'm kinda getting tired of Sup Forums, everyone is saying it lately

I didn't call it 'faggot shit'

Seriously. Is it this easy to pull one over on you people?

>simple, it's faggot shit.
>I didn't call it 'faggot shit'

Eh

>Seriously. Is it this easy to pull one over on you people?

Nah, I'm the only one who really gets annoyed by it, most of my weeb friends laugh at it

Well when i was sixteen, i has this weird view that the only way i was going to date a girl was if she shared my same edgy, underground tastes in music. Looking back on it now, soooooo cringe

That's not me. I said that already.

Jesus christ. This thread is only 20 posts long and twice now I've been confused for the same incredibly unsubtle user pretending to be a strawman version of me. Twice. 10 percent of the posts in this thread.

I'm and . In the latter post I even make a point to say I'm not that guy.

Are you actually this thick or is this some really funny joke at my expense?

Okay okay, it's fine, sheesh

You're not doing anime any favours right now, bud. This was a very mediocre display on your part.

Eh, I'm not doing anything at all. But whatevs, at the end of the day it's not my problem, so just enjoy what you enjoy and I'll do what I enjoy.

So you gave up on your dream

When I was a teenager I only listened to Progressive Rock from the 1970's, thinking this was superior music. I refused to listen to Punk Rock as the only people who liked it were racist, skinhead barbarians. KeK. I'm glad I changed for the better.

They look great in that pic

It's a shame they stopped this show. Great cartoon.

I went from dad rock to jam bands, but mostly only the Grateful Dead.

Better than being run into the ground

Oh look it's a new refugee from reddit

At least you were right about hip hop.

I was pretty much the exact same way up until I started high school. Nowadays I barely ever listen to classic rock outside of Pink Floyd and the Beatles. Its an embarassing phase, but its just something you have to live with.

also reformed dadrocker here

i still don't listen to much released in my lifetime tbqh but i don't think of my taste as superior because of that anymore