So how do I begin with him ? His stuff sounds great but the fucker has the wildest discography ever

So how do I begin with him ? His stuff sounds great but the fucker has the wildest discography ever.

From beginning to end

Fucker probably release 3 albums in the time it takes to listen to all his stuff

most recent then work your way backward in exact chronological order only to be interrupted by his next inevitable release during your marathon then resume order. I'd expect to be interrupted this way at least three times.

god dammit this was basically the exact post I was making but much wordier

at least we got the same minute if not the exact second

>released 12 albums last year.

God damn.

He's running out of steam think he did like 50 2014

Colma is his most popular i think. Also crime slunk scene

So is buckethead one of the greatest musical geniuses in history? I mean surely just the volume of music has to qualify him. I've never listened to enough to judge the quality (no idea if it's all pretty much the same) but purely based on quantity we've never seen anything like this.

Hell we praise the fuck out of Zappa for doing 50 albums, this cunt did 5 times that

>118 albums in 2015
>One album every day in October
Literally how the fuck is that possible? Seriously, this man is an alien. There must be some sort of conspiracy here, how is he doing the other instruments and let alone the mixes on time? Also he likes basketball so he clearly has other hobbies. Also I like basketball and I would love to shoot the shit about hoops with Buckethead

His brain is very large. Why else you think he wears that bucket?

Quality over quantity

Are you really gonna just disregard quantity entirely? 250+ albums is nothing to scoff at.

merzbow is a genius and did like 30 thousand albums, but all he gets is circlejerking and flamewars on internet anime forums

Chinese Democracy

Theres no way anyone likes guitar music enough to listen to his discography when its mostly steve vai tier wank

Colma is comfy as fuck.
>tfw he made it for his mum when she had to go into the hospital - likely for a routine check at incredibly short notice

" In total, Buckethead has been involved with 445 different album projects"

I mean for fuck's sake, that'd be ok for a studio musician who had been doing it for decades, not a creative guitarist who's writing and presumably recording most of this stuff (unless he has an army of slaves which is really starting to sound reasonable)

I would say Merzbow is different though. I'm not saying creating that kind of music takes less creative skill, but it's practically "easier"

Life is life! la la lalala la
Welcome to the Jungle! skibbididoowop
Nothing else Matters...

Soothsayer is his best song, right guys?

i keks at this comment

I never got the appeal of virtuoso guitar players.ΕΎ

All their music feels so empty. He has millions of albums and a few stand out songs, the rest feels like an unimaginable ammount of filler.

Really prolific artist usually do it for their own amusement, i guess. Like RDJ said in an interview, he makes music for himself, every other opinion is irrelevant.

I guess the fans flock to that from fascination towards the obscure and strange.

Yeah, makes sense. If they have fun, why not.