What is your genuine onion on metal core/deathcore/ any *core music? Do you feel like it has merit at all...

What is your genuine onion on metal core/deathcore/ any *core music? Do you feel like it has merit at all, or is just all completely worthless? Or is it something in between?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rZiUWERq2Rc
youtu.be/W_bKpbiMz3A
youtube.com/watch?v=ybWBkjy0EW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

depends
like literally everything else ever

obsessed with these guys lately
youtu.be/rZiUWERq2Rc

Net worthless

I like touhou metalcore and grindcore and noisecore. Not a fan of most cores though

Usually garbage some of its okay. fanbase is always bad tho.

*drinks monster energy drink while snapback*

As a metalhead, I've never enjoyed core music much. However, it isn't complete shit as some elitists would have you believe, it's just my personal preference. To me, while it generally lacks melodic touches and complexity which keeps a song interesting, it does invoke a sense of raw brutality which is not found in other genres of music. I do have a couple "guilty pleasure" core songs on my iPod, such as this right here: youtu.be/W_bKpbiMz3A

most of it's not that good but slice the cake is probably my favorite band atm, definitely the best active deathcore band

youtube.com/watch?v=ybWBkjy0EW0

>What is your genuine onion

What makes music "core"?

It's hardcore

Well that's not helpful.

>it does invoke a sense of raw brutality

How does super clean production with sample-replaced and quantized drums do that in any way at all?

Only the very most standout bands in deathcore are any good, cause otherwise you're just listening to another fucking deathcore band cause they all sound exactly the same

But some good examples would be Black Tongue, Infant Annhilator, Thy Art, Rings of Saturn, and Villains (though they might be more metalcore, still relevant)

Raw isn't the right word for that quality that metalcore has. I'm not sure what a better word would be...but I mean just the chugging guitars and often syncopated percussion creates a kind of mechanical relentlessness. I mean I'm not a big fan but I think I sorta get what that user was saying

Grindcore, Mathcore, Noisecore, Trashcore, Hardcore Punk, Post-Hardcore, Beatdown Hardcore, Japanese Hardcore, New York Hardcore, Melodic Hardcore and Emocore provide some of the best metal/punk music.

Deathcore, Trancecore, Queercore, Metalcore, Melodic Metalcore, and Nintendocore provide some of the worst metal/punk music.

Acidcore, Digital Hardcore, Speedcore, Happy Hardcore, Terrorcore, Frenchcore, Splittercore, and Lolicore provide some of the worst electronic music.

Breakbeat Hardcore, Flashcore and Breakcore are pretty decent a lot of the times.

Crunkcore, Britcore, Nerdcore and Horrorcore, are the worst genres of hip hop.

Slowcore is great.

ITT: Prove you're an oldfag

We DO NOT accomodate Wonking Metal/I am young and I BREAK things Metal/Winking Metal/Double Glazing Metal (aka Hanging Arse metal)/Death Metal/I make a MESS Metal/Heavy Metal/Dim Metal/Din Metal/Thrash Metal/Bone Metal/IAMRACKEDOFF Metal/Deaf Metal/Zonko Metal/From the planet Zarg Metal/I am a Lulu Metal/Petal Metal (girl singer)/I have big Army boots Metal/Camouflage metal (I have the jacket)/I am just learning metal/Set all the amp controls on FULL Metal/I am a superhero metal/Wannabee metal/Destroy the drum kit metal/Try all the gear out at 11+ because I have none of my own Metal/ bands....

BECAUSE:

WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW - GO AWAY

Whatever happened to crabcore? I read recently Attack attack's split up, so is it even a genre anymore?

All these made-up genres.

God damn I hate what's happened to the music scene. Lolicore? Nintendoscore? Go fuck yourself. Just because its an usual brand of music within its genres doesn't merit it haven't a title, especially if it's terrible as you mentioned about many of those "core" bands.

tldr kys

The one everyone agrees it's absolutely okay to like.

There are very few "core" genres that actually make sense. Most of these core bands have a few thousand people, being generous with that number, that even know about them so I don't even think that qualifies giving their specific music a label, but that's just me.

I respect the bands that are strictly "death metal" or "electronic". Even though I don't care for either genre, it's much better than adding "nu horrorcore death metal" to describe their music. Might as well grow a neckbeard and bookmark pitchfork as your homepage and consider buying condoms something you'll never have to do.

Calm down, you fucking autist. I'm not the one who made up these retarded names. They're terms that people actually use.