ITT: Albums if you see in anybody's RYM 5.0s you'll automatically disregard their opinion on everything

ITT: Albums if you see in anybody's RYM 5.0s you'll automatically disregard their opinion on everything

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/AntiWarhol/r5.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do you even care?

I care because you do

rateyourmusic.com/collection/AntiWarhol/r5.0

Romantic desu

2deep4u

any radiohead album
any tame impala album
any r&b album
any hip-hop album

>r&b

assuming you mean commercial shit like rihanna and brown right?

yea.

those aren't even commercial r&b artists. beyonce is r&b, rihanna is pop.

Why the fuck do people overrate Nara Leão - Dez Anos Depois so much, it's not even that good.

Certainly the only record that's ever made me blush.

Really, there's so much humanity and purity and warm nostalgia in Nara's voice. It feels like storytime with that one older, cultured, fascinating, elusive friend over a particularly long cup of coffee - they keep on talking for hours and hours about all the places they've been and the people they've met and their dreams and experiences and life, never seeming to run out of things to say. But you don't want them to run out.

I want to marry Nara's voice. That is the immediate impulse I get listening to this. Her voice, both pure and insinuating is the living and floating embodiment of Bossa Nova. Even while tackling songs for which you can find dozens of covers around, hers is usually the most charming. The one that renders all other versions moot.

Why do many regard Dez Anos Depois as the definite Nara Leão document? Well, the quality of the compositions is unimpeachable, drawing from the songbooks of Jobim, Buarque or Moraes to cite but three. Plus there's simply a lot of music here, 24 songs over two albums. And in Nara's case too much of a good thing can indeed continue to be wonderful.

The biggest reason to hold up Dez Anos Depois, though, brings me back to the first paragraph, as Menescal's production pares down the artifice in a way not too distant to Françoise Hardy's records and puts the entire spotlight on Nara, on her voice, letting the songs breathe and her charms slowly seep through like she's Vitória's own musical version of Audrey Hepburn. As it should be.

P.S.:The album title is related to Nara's symbolic return to pure bossa-nova ten years after her 61 album, curiously enough it was recorded during her self-imposed exhile in Paris.

I dream about walking into a record store and some day finding a copy of this album. Actually, there are probably a few rarer albums like that that would pop up in my dream. In fact, a common nightmare in my junior high school days was having grabbed many unheard of Jethro Tull albums from the local record shops only to awake to Dad's cold, cold glass of Barley Green and no albums. I love the sound of things on vinyl, but would kill for a copy of this on cd - honestly. MP3 will have to do, and I thank the holy alwahablea for providing this great library called the internet. I have listened to this privately and publicly, and it just keeps on growing in stature, but as I listen to it, I drift off into thought about what this really sounds like...

Beautiful masterpiece, overflowing with musicianship and Nara's commanding performance. Top five double albums, period, which would probably making it my favorite bossa album. I'm just gonna call it the bible of bossa. I am also convinced,

No standouts, everything is perfect right down to the sequencing. Outstanding music in acoustic settings with that huge, booming echo. Really Dez Anos Depois can even be enjoyed on a completely superficial level, just by listening to how immaculately recorded it is. But it is official, what makes this album such a knockout is the performers. Nara knows these songs, but the musicians are no slouches either... no one misses a detail

BRAVO NARA. This is the essence of elegance!

UPDATE: found on vinyl, Thursday April 26th at Cosmos West Records. the most i have ever paid for a single album... but you don't need to know that!!!!

I haven't read so much autism in my entire life.

Bossa nova is not a very useful genre descriptor, sort of like 'classic rock' or its frequent bedfellow 'MPB'. See, to do something "com bossa" means to do it with especial style, or flair, so the genre name doesn't really specify too much about what sounds are actually played, meaning just something like 'new style' or 'new trend'. It does have a pleasing coincidental resonance with "like a boss", though.

Nara Leão was one of the lights - the muse, the first lady - in one of the small groups that helped usher in the new trend when it first began to get that name in the late 50s and 60s, a shy girl who started with music when her father gave her a guitar for fear she was too introverted, and stuck with it because she grew into an incredible voice and what can only be called a gift for interpreting songs. Dez Anos Depois falls sort of in the middle of her career, just after she stopped speaking out against bossa nova as a movement but just before she took a break of several years to concentrate on family. It's also wonderful.

It only really has two flaws: it's too long (though it would fit on a single CD, if I could find the damn thing) and "Primavera" kind of sucks. And those are both small complaints. I think the first half of the record is probably the better half - the production is a marvel, seemingly stripped down and all hushed and intimate yet also echoey as all get out (one of the many highlights (though maybe the highlightiest),"Bonita", is a five star example of this - "like a soft, evasive mist.."), and the simple guitar-and-voice setup of the first twelve tracks makes better use of it than the more complicated arrangements of the second - but pointing it out seems unwarranted.

What both sides have in spades is Nara and her gorgeous voice, at a peak, drifting and slinking their way through songs by quite a lineup of writers and rather making them their own. Like a fucking boss.

I don't hear any warmth in this.

Sounds like the musicians are reading notes and making the corresponding sounds rather than playing.

Nara's voice doesn't blow me away either.

Disappointing.

Edit:

Insensatez has REALLY grown on me. Maybe that process will be repeated with the other 23 songs?

Edit: No.

Seriously, fuck this guy

>rateyourmusic.com/collection/AntiWarhol/r5.0
Is this what you kids call an "avant-teen"?

Seems about right

>0.5 to In The Aeroplane Over The Sea (not a huge fan of the record but it deserves more than a 1/10)
>0.5 to Spirits They've Gone, Spirits They've Vanished (not a huge fan of the record but it deserves more than a 1/10)
>0.5 to Sonic Youth - EVOL (not a huge fan of the record but it deserves more than a 1/10)
>0.5 to Meet the Residents (NOW, THIS, REALLY RUSTLED MY JIMMIES)

based

litteral plen

literally babby's first art rock album

>art rock

Easy.

>art rock

Fuck off

>art rock

(You)

If you use RYM your opinion is trashed

you got me...

[2]

>he rates music on arbitrary virtue instead of personal appreciation and enjoyment

take up something else because music is clearly not for you

(You)

Kanye West or any Hip Hop passed 2005

(You)

*past
sorry it was bothering me

why that one because it's "le weeb 4 u"

Every album on pic related

(You)
It was my autotype anyway, autist

>any Hip Hop passed 2005
How come?

mhm, mhm.

wow you're a humongous cuck

But those are good albums

that word, you know the one. it doesn't mean what you think it means.

t. hugh mungus

(you)

(You)

(OP)
(you)

NO

( Y o u )
Y o u )
o u )
u )
)

Ryo Fukui - scenery is the best album there is by far lmao desu

>baiting this hard
gtfo newfag

Scenery is a great album though.

Well i guess it's okay for entry level music

"i inflate the scores of new releases i listen to & enjoyed in order to counteract the people with wrong/ill-informed opinions. so the score I give is based on the calculation of what is needed to aid the album achieving what it should be rated by everyone that's not an idiot."

thoughts on this quote Sup Forums?

ger rekterinoed