twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ill maybe do it if ur beats dont suck
>not ameteur
>not teen
>not white
>can rap on p much anything

> lies on the internet about being good at rapping

you wouldnt be browsing Sup Forums if you were actually a good rapper

>Not going to youtube comment sections on instrumentals where the real lyrical masterminds lurk

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

clyp.it/luu5ehe3 (90 bpm)
clyp.it/wzodrrzb (90 bpm)
clyp.it/2lzgvwof (100 bpm triplets)

First one is best, second one is probably too busy and third one is way more experimental.

God damn. You asked on reddit, on Sup Forums, and then your friends. You really fucking pushed the boat out for a quality partnership.

i can give downloads too if you actually like any of these for some reason

kek

>be a nobody amateur producer trying to make it
>be surprised the only people willing to colab with you are amateur nobodies trying to make it

ok im leaving rn but i have the links so will check them later

Get involved in your local hip-hop scene

have you tried soundcloud?

Try on Genius forum.

No, never really tried using that website at all. I use bandcamp, but that unlocks another branch of this story arc.

>look at rappers on bandcamp
>they're all well off producing their own music or already have a producer

The first one reminds me of Higgs by Frank Ocean (last track off Endless)

I entirely know this feeling.
Good luck to both of us.

Just go to the streets of South London, look for council estates and you'll find someone decent enough.

S P I R I T U A L L Y R I C A L M I R A C L E

Is producing on mac actually better than windows

I can rap for you and I have a unique accent. Where are you based?

California, santa cruz. Post some of your stuff.

thiiiiiiiiissss, find an open mic night and smoke with everyone and network

i dont have a mic senpai but what about this

YA, YA, YA YA
SHE SMOKES MY FATTY
YA
I CALL HER DOROTHY
YA
YA, YA, YA, YA
YA, YA, YA ,YA
BITCH NIGGA HATER EEE
GET MONEY FAST NIGAA YA
SPEEDING IN FAST LANEEE
YA YA YA YA
I FUCKED UR FIANCEE YA
YA YA YA YA

Just get a white guy from Sup Forums.

> he cant rap himself

>woman talking in japanese sample
directly into the garbage, literally soundcloud tier

nice facebook file name, ur getting hacked for mocking my song bitchass

Stop pretending to be me when I have a tripcode.

nice, you got ableton last week?

Hey I think I can rap and I'm black. Contact email?

your drums come in after way too long on first and second track, and even then sound weak as fuck. you need to know how to produce your own tracks before you're producing for an MC

also
>no hooks

yeah, amateur is all you'll get

I don't know user, I think if he matches up with an artist that has a good ear they can work off of each other to get better. It helps that many rappers now know a little something about music production.

This stuff is not the kind of thing to rap over. It would be out of place as fuck, and it's really not what your style needs.

ye boi, where is your vocal tag, dissonant nexus leads, rattling hihats and some 808s from real trap drums pack 2015 man

Ideally, no one would rap over my beats, instead I would make beats for others' raps. These beats I have, I know will probably never have a vocalist on them unless it happens to work out very well. I'd rather receive acapellas, and collaborate deeply with my vocalist from the bottom up. These tracks are really just examples.

I assume you mean first and third tracks? I enjoy rap songs where the rapper carries the rhythm, so I imagine my collaborator speaking over the drumless parts as well as the drummed ones.

Where's the weight at son. These joints sound mad weak.

I'm sorry, light ambient-ish beats are a personal choice. I don't want to drown out the MC after all.

If I post my email here, I'll probably get spam. Post something you've rapped on here so I can get vocal confirmation.

What sets you apart from the scores of similar "cloud rap" "vapor trap" soundcloud producers?

Listen to Blonde. Those are very nice light beats.

you absolutely would, because rapping is the pathetic person's way out 99 times out of 100 in a field of actual creativity

Not much, but my request of having the rapper write and record a rap before any production is done lets more experimenting be done, with beats that normally couldn't be rapped on. Also, I grew up writing music on piano, so I have a strong sense of melody and harmony.

wow you suck, you really need to sort out your drum samples and patterns

Wow that's amazing man, you're so creative

how about you find a rap acapella and build a beat under it to show potential MCs

i'm not convinced

youtube.com/watch?v=nnVslUJA1xc

why is that meme so small

what I used to do

baykd.bandcamp.com

>these are from 2011, so please no bully

I created my own beat for an Aesop Rock song earlier as an experiment, but it isn't at all practical as hip hop. It is however, an example of a rapper-first mindset allowing for beats that would not normally be possible.

clyp.it/4puuhfmy

>wouldn't normally be possible
of course it would, just make your beat to follow the MC
youtube.com/watch?v=xdDS4M-uAhg

Do you like Earthbound

Yes. That's what I did?

The video game? I'm not familiar with it.

>likes Aesop Rock
okay, that explains it

>put some wobbly synths under a shitty rap
>NOT NORMALLY POSSIBLE

Any hip hop producers out there who incorporate Wall of Sound? I'd love to listen to something.

It wouldn't be possible for an MC to keep time on the beat I made if I had made it first. That is why I had large drumless parts on the beats I posted here, because this mindset would allow those parts to be rapped on.

pay someone like 15 bucks on fiverr to do it

sort of

here's a track I made a bit ago
not op btw
clyp.it/mdi2yjuy

you know you can
change a beat
after you have
a recording
of the rap
you don't have to start with nothing

We can start with a click track. I don't see any need to fully produce a track with drums an everything if the track may not even have drums in the end.

kek

Rappers are rappers because they have good timing. A decent rapper should be able to rap without drums. Half the time they've already written their rhymes to other beats anyway.

are there any "real" producers in this thread? I want to try learning again. Is school recommended or can I get a good start here at home?

Why should I assume everyone I work with has the sense of timing to rap perfectly on a drum beat every second measure?

School if you want to work professionally, home if you want to be pretentious. (like me)

don't go to school
watch lots of tutorials on youtube
learn basics of music theory, so you can compose more intelligently
make a lot of shit
save everything you make
publish everything you make, even if it's shit
be embarrassed
get better

Dude the first one is way to jumbled you need to chill with the clutter it was good at first then you started distorting the voices and it just went to shit dude

you sound like a prick desu no wonder no one wants to spit on these tracks

Cool, good thing I have the ableton project with me.

I never wanted anyone to spit on these tracks, I wanted someone to spit on a click track and give me the acapella so I could produce around them.

That sounds okay. I tried that before but I lost motivation. Any youtube channels in particular to check out?

> Not starting when you're 12, 13 and have family connections to the industry.

Don't bother

what DAW do you use?

check /prod/ thread or achives

since theres no /prod/ ill ask here;

how to emulate glitches in samples? do real glitches have more value?

I actually did start trying to learn production back then and even got a MIDI keyboard for Christmas but I've been off and on as I've been struggling with depression for most of my life. You're right about the family connections though. My dad claims to know some people but he's probably talking out of his ass.
I'm using FL right now. I heard that it was good for beginners.

Goddam. I thought this would just be a funny greentext. I'm not replying anymore, i've learned my beats are shit and no one will ever work with me. I've given up on hip hop. Enjoy finishing up all the little conversations that started up while this thread spiraled out of control.

It doesn't work like that, dickhead.

I'm sorry user. Sometimes rappers like having a beat made to right to. Madlib didn't just make those beats around some bars Freddie already had written. He had shit made and then they worked together to create a song. Beats can be edited to accomodate the vocals.

literally all you want is to find rappers acapellas, there's fucking hundreds on the web, now fuck off and stop being a whiny little prick

If this thread is enough to make you quit then you're just not tough enough to make it, go be an accountant somewhere

if this thread is enough to make you respond then you're just not tough enough to make it, go post in an subreddit somewhere

Okay i'm replying to this just to clear things up. I've already released six albums, none of which are hip hop. I only had the idea to write hip hop recently, and I made these beats as an experiment to see if anyone would bite. I'm not giving up on music as a whole. Also this was an elaborate scheme to promote my bandcamp.

erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/