Can anything even compare?

Are there any hardcore / punk / alternative metal albums that even approach this one in terms of quality, songwriting, production, dexterity, dynamism, and creativity?

I ask because I've listened to this album a hundred thousand times and can't find anything else that scratches this same itch. It's hard to find hard music, by people who can actually play their instruments, and put out consistently good songs.

literally just a nation of ulysses rip off with shitty drum n bass

I agree, it's the best thing I've heard in that style by far
Absolute fav

>creativity?
kek. they stole their whole act from Nation of Ulysses.

I don't think so. Nation of Ulysses influenced Refused to be sure, but they're more like Plastic Surgery Disasters-era Dead Kennedys than Shape of Punk to Come.

SoPtC is much more muscular, composed, and produced, and with better songs.

that album never clicked for me but have you ever heard yank crime or gone glimmering?

NoU were 1000x a more important and more creative band.

1000x more important, half as enjoyable to listen to.

I mean this is not really entirely applicable but there's a weird similarity between Refused and The Hives' records (particularly from Barely Legal to Tyrannosaurus Hives, but mostly in BL and Veni Vidi Vicious). They kind of followed a similar musical tradition but Hives took it in the direction of pop-garage-punk rather than hardcore.

I'm not the only one who sees it because the Hives and Refused have toured together several times, also the Refused singers other band The International Noise Conspiracy toured with the Hives in their early days.

The International Noise Conspiracy is kinda good but it's like if they took out the hardcore and metal influences from refused and i don't know they're a weird group for sure.

Refused are the stuipd man's NoU. Literally just a rip off mall rock version.

>The International Noise Conspiracy
That's when they switched to ripping off Make Up right?

This

Agree, OP you will enjoy Veni Vidi Vicious imo

>SoPtC is much more muscular, composed, and produced, and with better songs.

I discovered that album just recently and I can't believe how I never heard it before. It's amazing

>stupid man's

sure, smartboi

>Refused are the stuipd man's NoU.

Pretty much. NoU for the Warped Tour dimwits.

>le riffs and good production are bad meme
>i only listen to cacophonous, low-fi production without memorable riffs or melody because it's more impenetrable and therefore better because i base music purely on its aesthetic and vibe rather than the quality of its songwriting