Sup Forums, I am an absolute pleb. I visit this board regularly and most of the albums and music I see...

Sup Forums, I am an absolute pleb. I visit this board regularly and most of the albums and music I see, I simply don't like. I try to listen to it and I feel like it's not for me. I wanted some help to stop being such a basic pleb. What should I start listening to? Most of what I like is dad rock, funk, some classic metal and modern electronic music, but I can't even listen to most subgenres of metal, or rap, or punk, or pop, or folk, or any of the popular genres around here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yG96RttfZtM
rateyourmusic.com/
rateyourmusic.com/misc/conformity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

List your top 5 artists and albums

Nickelback - All the Right Reasons
Nickelback - Dark Horse
Nickelback - The Long Road
Nickelback-Silver Side Up
Nickelback -The Best of Nickelback Volume 1

Talking Heads
The Field

>j10
>the class

I really wouldn't know which my favorite artists and albums are, but I can tell you some of them:
Deep Purple - In Rock
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt.2
Daft Punk - Discovery
Justice - CROSS
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Savant - Alchemist
RATM - Eponymous
Some Billy Cobham, Frank Zappa, Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd, Michael Jackson, Aphex Twin, and King Crimson as well.
As I said, nothing you've never heard of before.

I recommend suicide

frankie teardrop is a cool song

That actually really helps, thanks.

Listen to this stuff

It is good and accessable

Don't even worry about it. Why are you trying to like what everyone else does? Be yourself pal because if you don't you'll turn into a fraud and a phony. You'll find what you like one of these days. :)

Did you listen to the meme music like the death grips and car seat headrest? If so that's probably why. People like a lot of memey shit around here.

Little harsh, but maybe its the answer

kek

The Velvet Underground and the Stooges render dadrock obselete

>a chart
>Sup Forumscore chart
>helps
nice meme

pretty decent taste there, pal. check out king gizzard and the lizard wizard, wavves, and unknown mortal orchestra. they're all modern rock groups that are good.

protip: skip untrue by burial. it sucks.

Well it might have a lot of meme music but I'll get something out of it.

This, great band. Start with the debut.

ok, now i'm actually confused. are you telling op to kill himself, or are you talking about the band?

I like Ghost Rider

okay

both

Fela Kuti, Funkadelic, Pixies, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr., Black Sabbath, Smashing Pumpkins, Prince, Talking Heads, The Mars Volta, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Tame Impala

DANGER, SebastiAn, Dj Mehdi, Mr. Oizo, Moderat, LCD Soundsystem, MGMT, Caribou, Gui Boratto, Jon Hopkins

why would you listen to music that you don't like? just stick with what your enjoy, wtf.

>Implying people dont listen to ambient stuff when studying and shit

here's a better one

Bleach is so much better than In Utero

>essential metal
>not including Pantera

what the fuck Sup Forums

Just listen to what you like, forcing yourself to like other things is retarded. That being said, always look for more stuff to listen to. If you like funk, you'll probably like Vulfpeck youtube.com/watch?v=yG96RttfZtM

>listen to music from all levels
Damn it feels good to be patrish

How is pantera essential? In retrospect the majority agree that it's a meme album

>Kyuss
>Primus
>Mastodon
>"""""Metal"""""
>Paranoid instead of Master of Reality
>Metallica
>Megadeth
>Slayer
>Vektor
>""""""Essential""""""
>Exodus and Testament are nowhere to be found
Who the fuck makes these things?

fuck off meme

>Melvins
>metal

Kek

>dubstep level 2
>ambient level 4
what

OP, HERE IS HOW TO EXPAND YOUR MUSIC TASTE REALLY QUICKLY
1-Download soulseek
2-Make an account in the site rateyourmusic.com/
3- Open this link rateyourmusic.com/misc/conformity
4-Try to find this this album on sousleek if you cant find go back to 3, if not go to 5
5-Download and listen to it
6-Go back to 3.

Paranoid is vastly superior to Master of Reality. Exodus and Testament aren't really worth listening unless you actually think average thrash metal is in any way interesting.

Would Meshuggah fall under math rock?

Why is ITAOTS still a thing?

Your music taste isn't pleb, the fact that you have no confidence in your taste and seek approval from strangers on the Internet, however, is.

Please for the love of God just listen to what you like and stop trying to seek approval from others, especially from a bunch of nerds from a Mongolian gardening board.

Tfw always been that guy

Mathcore

Just be the guy that contributes something different around here. The albums I suggest to people NEVER show up here, and I can't get into most Sup Forumscore either. This board doesn't have enough unique contributers, be that guy.

Your opinion is valid and you shouldn't beat yourself up because strangers on the internet don't agree with your taste.

Because memes don't suddenly make a good album become a bad album