Which do you like better, Grand Illusion or Pieces of Eight?

Which do you like better, Grand Illusion or Pieces of Eight?

>inb4 dadrock

Grand Illusion. Cornerstone and paradise Theater were decent albums as well

>momrock
(it's my mom's favorite band)
Grand illusion

Miss America is their best song

I always like Suite Madame Blue myself.

cornerstone was awful and you know it

I enjoyed it at the time. I bought the LP probably in the first week of release. I remember dancing at my Jr. Prom to "Babe" and probably getting laid to it later that night.

Grand Illusion wins for Castle Walls.

how old are you?

fun fact, styx played at my father's 8th grade reception party in chicago in 1968, or so he tells me

That's funny. My dad said they played at their high school (Taft) in Chicago in the mid-late 70s.

I'm 55. My very first concert ever was Styx when they were promoting the "Equinox" album. I saw them during the grand Illusion tour as well.

Is your name Rick? And do you work at Jewel Osco selling pot out of your Bronco on the side?

cool man, dont know how you ended up here lol.

how do you rank the albums overall? how do you feel about forgotten ones like Serpent and man of Miracles? Did you still listen to styx past the Kilroy break up?

>great
illusion
eight

>good
paradise
crystal ball
kilroy
equinox
styx II

>alright
serpent
cornerstone
man of miracles

Haven't listened to Styx really since "Paradise Theater." (have the laser etched album of that) "Equinox" was the first one I bought. I am aware of the ones you listed but they were prior to me becoming interested in the band. In those days of course anything you want to listen to. You had to shell out cash for. Not like I could torrent the albums then to see if I liked them. Aside from the airplay they received prior (Lady off Styx II) i am ignorant to their earlier work.

i dont blame you, i only listened to the early ones out of sake of completeness but i wouldnt have sought them out on my own

This is the truth

I'd rather listen to the bands they ripped off from instead of these talentless hacks.

which bands

elaborate please

bump

Yes (the band)

Why do you think they ripped off Yes? Because they were a keyboard heavy band? Did ELP also rip off Yes?

i still dont follow

bump