/daily/ - "resurrection" edition

It's time to go back to elementary school!

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, do your best not to shitpost, try not to have another existential crisis, and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters is dead

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>plug a snug. people should actually start using this for more than 30 minutes a week.

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug too normie? parents don't love you? this is your place!

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>for stuff and things

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>because we just need more places to inclusively shitpost

If you ask about the Skype group your dog dies tonight.

Most importantly, remain sober!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMIiL7fpS4A&list=PL5xYgEPbjtfhW6iYBagvsp2y6o3vA1e4a&index=1
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=196&v=orneisfUvxg
kelvalhaal.bandcamp.com/releases
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/peter_cusack/after_being_in_holland_for_two_years/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/michael_snow/musics_for_piano__whistling__microphone__and_tape_recorder/
strawpoll.me/11157442
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for alive with the glory of memes

>If you ask about the Skype group your dog dies tonight.
KILL THE DOG
THE
DOG

Save a Life, Kill a Leftist

t. alberto barbosa

we wuz boys

why would i want to save a bourgeois life by killing a leftist when i can kill the bourgeoisie and save millions of lives?

post spooky music
recc spooky albums

youtube.com/watch?v=OMIiL7fpS4A&list=PL5xYgEPbjtfhW6iYBagvsp2y6o3vA1e4a&index=1

just asking are you memeing right now or serious

Enemite - Wuyuan
Elvira - 2 Big Pumpkins / 13 Nights of Halloween

What are you mother fuckers listening to RIGHT NOW

For me it is John Coltrane (duh).

Bum Tickley - Starsailor

It's good.

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra. It's mesmerizing.

a David Lynch interview

>Most importantly, remain sober!
I'm having a beer in spite of this
YOU'RE NOT MY FUCKING MOM NAT
FUCK YOU

pig destroyer

It's good.

: (:) O

Nice, great album.

You should review the interview.

Kreng

Stop this madness.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=196&v=orneisfUvxg in plug

>You should review the interview.
I like David's voice and he does the speaking good. The interviewer sometimes does not do the speaking good.
8/10

Thanks i'll add it to my backlog

Nice trips kill yourself

BMV 1008

The sound of the fan of my toaster.

I finished Lost in Harmony a while ago, and while the remixes were pretty nice, i want to hear the originals now.

Also, I need me some classical music that's just like the opening of Swan Lake, since that's the only part of that symphony that i like, but /classic/'s been dead for fuck knows how long.

BWV* of course.

Pylon - Gyrate it's prety gud, not as dancey as I'd hoped though.

Rude.

fuck off you're the worst poster in these threads alongside triangle, termish, benji, me, jangle, co, kubera, darklands, yamir, ruggles, user, tuco, you under other names and a few others i forgot, fuck off

Name one good /daily/ poster

Hard mode: Not the guy who posts cum pictures

Shamepai

>you under other names
So... everyone here? Everyone is the worst poster?

The only posters on /daily/ are you, Dogwander, me, and the guy who says we all have shit taste.

This is me btw.

yikes, this *shels album has some good parts but it gets kinda linkin park-y at times, eugh.

Kinshi Tsuruta - Satsuma biwa (1991)
>heikyoku, japanese classical music

The instrumentation is mostly great, I like the sound of the biwa and there's a lot of restraint in the playing here, it's never overdone, and very subtle. Despite this, the tracks themselves either go on for too long or have issues with overusing the same sounds and motifs until they lose any impact. The vocals also aren't my thing at all, there's definitely a lot of passion behind them, and they certainly mingle well with the sounds of the biwa, but too often they're just rough to the point of being painful to listen to. I definitely appreciate it, and it's a good listen, but I just don't think it's my thing.

2.5-

am i safe?

We're all secretly sdc tho

>secretly

Do Rocket from the Tombs

I'm actually a bot programmed by sdc

all my friends have been calling me a dumb cunt recently, is this the reason why?

aight, after shels.

>ywn be Dogwander
>you will be stuck in cunt til the day you die

guys

i want obscure experimental albums

do you have them?

my mixtape
kelvalhaal.bandcamp.com/releases

yes have you heard about Neutral Milk Hotel? They're wild at experimentation and none of my friends know about em so they're obscure.

how do i get numbers at the end of my name? im not memein either

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/peter_cusack/after_being_in_holland_for_two_years/

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/michael_snow/musics_for_piano__whistling__microphone__and_tape_recorder/

like this

You're officially the 2nd worst daily poster, congrats.

mako is shit

i'm asking for obscure albums, not GOOD obscure albums you feel me? no ironies pls..

put a # and a random combination of letters and numbers after the name, or just a phrase

kinda like

"[name]#[putwhateveryouwanthere]"

thanks hun

>tfw better than all the rest

I was gonna say join us because we haven't had a bunch of new trips in a while, but not if you're gonna be weeb-postin'

>you will be stuck in cunt til the day you die
Sounds good t b h
Oh wait you mean sdc
Yeah that's not bad either

The Men - Leave Home

it's shit

you going to stop me punk?

eatin pussy is a wonderous experience

what album should i listen to next /daily/

weebs did nothing wrong

Unity

dam who u gurl

*Shels - Sea of the Dying Dhow (2007)
>post-rock, atmospheric sludge metal

The most massive tease I've ever heard in music. They do sludge /very/ well, but somehow they always manage to fuck it up with something. The clean vocals on "Water - Part 1" are just so hilariously out of place, and the screams on "In Dying Palm Fields" belong more in a shitty deathcore album, not this mostly ethereal atmospheric sludge album. The post-rock bits are also pretty bad, they meander so damn much and just take away from the pure sludge album this could be, and any sort of buildups are non-existent, the post-rock just kinda explodes into sludge with no rhyme or reason, it's just abrupt. Luckily, the sludge is good, and the album is produced incredibly well, it's just incredibly inconsistent and it has /so/ many characteristics I don't care for.

2.0-

np! hope you join us.

find the answer on your keyboard, between the t and the o

whats ur ~ i wanna know if i can trust u

>got a new record that I ordered from my local store (the dead c - trouble)
>came with a bandcamp code
>redeemed that shit
>forgot to log into my account
>album doesn't show up in my collection

brb killing myself

nah but my bird here will

dumb frogposter

am i the worst one

ye

this tourney is a musical abortion

yes alongside everyone mentioned in this post and vinter, though he may be better thanks to killing daily at least for a while, or worse thanks to doing it by making the discord

Justin Timberlake, Bitch

i'm not going to tell you what these two albums are but should i listen to a dub album or a chamber folk/pop album
first person to reply chooses

chamber folk

good choice
the chamber folk album is
Jim O'Rourke- Bad Timing
while the dub album was
King Tubby- The Roots of Dub

Why did you give Josh Pearson a low score?
I think he's really underrated.

YEET

strawpoll.me/11157442

Only have the recent Swans trilogy left to do (and How I Love You)

>Jim O'Rourke- Bad Timing
i'll just second rod's YEET

I love Pearson's work with Lift to Experience to death, but I just think his solo album tries too hard to replicate the epicness of Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads and just ends up meandering far too much and accomplishing really nothing of note.

Scratch that, first round should be finished tomorrow.

Last day of work was good. Made a dick pizza.

I would say /daily/core or Jazz, just because I personally think Cave and Haino are hit or miss, though I do love them. Plus, even Dogwander hasn't heard every Haino release since there's so many.

>Made a dick pizza
Tell me more...

check my snap story

I'll probably change my trip soon, btw. Don't want to confuse people using the archive among other things, and I'm new enough that it doesn't matter much.

I wasn't planning on doing everything Haino because I don't think you can find everything of his outside of Japan and Doggy's shrine. I would just do the essentials marked on the Doggy approved Haino chart.

that's how to quit in style

also what's yer snap fishboy

papasmurph1 :3

added ;)

lmao nice

Good Morning /daily/!

I had such a lovely night that left me with only 4 hours of sleep but I don't give a single solitary fuck.

Gonna listen to something now. I think I'm still drunk lmao. Work is gonna be fun.

Rocket From the Tombs - The Day the Earth Met the Rocket From the Tombs (2002)
>proto-punk, garage rock

Definitely too long, and with some filler here and there, but a fair amount of this is some of the rawest, most exhilirating garage rock I've heard in sometime. "30 Seconds Over Tokyo" is the obvious highlight, we all probably know the Pere Ubu version of that song, but this version exceeds it in a few aspects, mainly in just how much of a pure fucking sonic assault it is. That's basically what this whole album is, a sonic assault. Sometimes a bit too amateur-sounding and seemingly haphazardly put together, but this is one hell of an experience.

3.0+

Fatoumata Diawara - Fatou (2011)
>wassoulou

I don't think I could have played two more different albums back to back. This is very pleasant music, performed very well, but with pretty much no interesting characteristics. Diawara is a great vocalist, and a great multi-instrumentalist, but her songwriting lacks any sort of real punch, it just goes in one ear and out the other. Nothing here sticks at all, but it's a pleasant enough album while it lasts.

2.5+

sent ;)

also if I may /blog/ for a bit I did clothed modeling today for a drawing group and this was the scene in which I mourned the loss of my dead lover by incessantly staring at her remains

dressed as a modem day hardy boy

I'm not sure how this happened

effay as fuck

dude nice dude

kewt

Cool, was expecting a 2.0
'What Love Is' is probably my favourite garage / punk song ever.
The Dead Boys version did it no justice and makes me mad grrrrr.

What's yours gfr?

patrick.totally

That gif always scares me cos the kid looks like me

Jim O'Rourke-

first piece is interesting, the way the first part seems to be much more varied than the second guitar wise is interesting, as the piano is brought in to drive the piece somewhat. very good piece of primivitism

a lot of the guitar parts remind me of the intro to women of the world, especially on the intro to 94 the long way, i like the sudden explosion at about 2:30. overall this piece is a lot bluesier and more in the fahey tradition than the last, at least so far. the piano on this reminds me of the piano on women of the world too. this part with the looping guitar/piano and the other guitar over it is really beautiful. is there an organ in there too? OH FUCK THOSE HORNS. jim is a genius holy shit

the title track has some really pretty i think bells? and those horns again ooh. while so far i enjoy this whole album this track is probably my least favorite, it seems like it does a lot less than the others, although the glitchy ending is really interesting, as the track kind of "decays"

happy trails's buzzing drone is pretty cool, accented well by jim's guitar, and all of the elements dropping out is interesting
ok now he's definitely quoting women of the world
OH SHIT THOSE HORNS AGAIN
BUT WAY BETTER THIS TIME
it's lit now
this shit is crazy
i am cumming

9/10

that expression looks a lot more angry than it does mournful
great picture tho

Dude you can use this as a pick up line for the rest of your life.

He probably has better taste too :^)