What will English be replaced with as lingua franca? Chinese? Spanish?

What will English be replaced with as lingua franca? Chinese? Spanish?

I think this (pic related) spells the beginning of the end for English. Too much isolationism to motivate other countries to continue learning English as consistently.

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

>chinese replacing english
implies murifags would be capable of learning anything near the complexity of chinese

>What will English be replaced with as lingua franca?
When America stops being relevant worldwide and let's be honest, as it is today it's not even close to it

>China
>Ever being culturally relevant

it may be too late
it is estimated 2 billion people speak English and it is taught as a second language everywhere
it is also very easy so i don't think people will see a need for change

>implying that French isn't lingua franca
>implying that more people speak English than French
hon hon hon

Can someone explain why people think the UK is going isolationist?

The EU is not the only way to interact with the world...

Can we be isolationbros together?

No

English will remain king due to sheer intertia

Airstrip One

I wouldn't be so sure friend, just google a fw articles on the current the APEC meeting, it does seem like a new world order without the US on top is starting to take shape, apparently there actually is a silver lining to Trump getting elected.

We probably will continue using English tho, that Anglo countries become irrelevant does ironically enough makes it easier as it becomes a neutral language.

Too much of a global push already for English to fall behind. Most countries are investing too much money into English.
It will end up just like how money is tied to the USD. Because everybody is doing it, and it's cheaper, and easier to keep it that way.

USA best trend setter.

Cya

Español, por supuesto

Mexico will become next superpower, Spanish will be lingua franca

Nobody cares about Spain, Mexico is the Latino torchbearer

Mexico will never be a superpower. If anyone in Latin America can become a superpower it's Brazil. They have the population and resources to manage it.

>Chinese
No, the orthography is far too byzantine for it to take hold outside of East Asia.
>Spanish
Maybe

>superpower
yes. cutting heads, eating tacos and raping women

THIS tbqh, not that I'm selling my country short mind you, we do have the population and resources to manage being a middle power

Shut the fuck up Venancio, why don't you try to get a job?

tienen 3 veces nuestra población, no se si será una superpotencia pero si un país importante en el futuro.

Yo amo España pero no tenemos la población y recursos para ser algo más que una potencia más en Europa

>isolationbros together
urm
sure

Argentina would be a better candidate, with a better leadership that's it.

would?

I mean you're the regional power in central America. I wasn't trying to put you down.

Sadly Brazil has just about as many problems as you guys. I don't know if it will ever happen. It's such a shame since you both have so much potential.

Not the will though, evidently
What will it take to fix Mexico? Do you all need a dutere?

son un pozo de mierda y siempre lo SERAN

Mexico will grow larger as the internal divisions of the US get stronger with each passing decade.

La población no es todo si no mira Nigeria( te puedo asegurar que des gracias por no haber nacido allí) , si no tienes gente preparada y con buena formación , no te sirve de nada

English is globally institutionalized and commonly learned enough that at this point I reckon the US and the UK could be wiped off the face of the earth and it would still be the global "lingua franca."

Also, seeing as the US and UK will fade in global power as India rises, I reckon it'll only become more solidified in years to come.

English will be replaced globally by Irish in a upset linguistic victory.
note: it will still be a minority language in Ireland

You made them, Hernando.

no

Mexico has the resources and the population

Once we reclaim the Southwest USA, Mexico will become even stronger

We will become Super Mexico

Arabic.

>English
>replaced

What planet are you on?

Mexico couldn't reclaim 45 students