If you could be teleported to any music scene, past or present, which would it be? What would you do?

If you could be teleported to any music scene, past or present, which would it be? What would you do?

Please be detailed in your answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w-3MEG8k6U0
instagram.com/re.verb/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd go back to London 1964 and hang out at The Marquee at 90 Wardor St and become close personal friends w/The Who.

Please respond.

I'm interested in hears what you've to say.

why is that boy prtending to be a girl?

calgary scene circa 2010

It's not a boy.

Please avoid deviating from the subject.

Teleport to when I'd go to a club and listen to Blue Monday by New Order and then pick up a qt 3.14 gf that in few years time would go with me to The Cure and Husker Du and Sonic Youth.

>please respond

90's midwest emo

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

People, yourself likely included, always read this and make fun of Nick for being oblivious but really normies are equally oblivious, just in different regions of the existence and interaction.

It all seems rather arbitrary that one instance of oblivion is more condemning than another like this.

Please stay on topic.

I like these choices.

For me it's either the German glitch scene of the early 90's or the DC punk scene of that same time.

I'm sorry.

My future to see if it ever happened or not

1988 acid house or detroit house

or the early 90s ambient techno/idm stuff

or uk 2step in the late 90s

can't really explain, thats just what I would pick

or maybe the 00s brooklyn psych/electronic scene like black dice, high places, gang gang dance, early anco.

Actually, make that the 90's NoVA punk scene in general.

yoof those eyebrows

Why is the future left out? I think the most interesting thing would be to listen to the music that comes after I die

Somewhere it was black and white and I smoked tons of cigarettes

Definitely 70s prog and krautrock so I would probably know at least Geddy Lee and would probably have the know-how to make it

If not, probably mid-80's thrash era

LA's metal scene in the early 80s. I'd teleport to 1980 and hone my guitar playing and respond to Metallica's ad in the newspaper looking for a new lead guitarist. If I missed that I'd catch Mustaine on the rebound and start Megadeth with him

I didn't include future scenes but if you want go ahead.

Perhaps a few of us will be intrigued and will participate in said scene, giving this thread a purpose beyond inspiring regret and nostalgia for things never experienced.

true shit but in our world being socially successful is the most important skill period. it's in our DNA

>I'd take Mustaine away from Metallica or Poland away from Megadeth

you're a sick fuck

Chris Poland is actually my guitar teacher so to be honest I wouldn't be altering history all that much

i want to be fucking dead

>Chris Poland is actually my guitar teacher

she does look like a swan tho

Yes, but even socially they can be completely oblivious. The only difference is they're normies so whatever social sense they lack is rendered socially acceptable because they're all too oblivious to perceive it.

I sat in on an Ohm practice with him, Pag, and Nick Menza before his passing. I was coming up on Molly, shit was wild

We always have tomorrow

>tfw born in 1993
>tfw I was in kindergarten during the golden years of the gabber scene
>tfw I will never turn up and go hard with my bros in rotterdam
>tfw no tall dutch qt gf

I would take my tiny round shades back to 1993 and get lost in a crowd of profusely sweating netherlanders

In all honesty I wish I was around to listen to spirit theyre gone by animal collective and stick around until now, I only found out about them a little while ago and the first album from them that came out while I was a fan of them was PW, and I like that album, but I wish Id know what its like to see CS Feels SJ or MPP on a "new releases" list

Jesus dude that's sick

What was Menza doing there though? I thought he wasn't in Ohm

Unty you're back! Dude you're my favorite trippp. But on topic the early krautrock scene would be pretty cool to be in considering how much of a cultural revolution it was, the music's also pretty fantastic.

He played with Ohm for a solid few months. At first he and Chris got together with James Lomenzo and were planning on doing some Megadeth/Metallica covers and originals but James backed out. Menza stepped up to play drums at a benefit for their former drummer David Eagle's hospital bills (he had a massive heart attack). David died and Menza just kept playing with Chris until he eventually died mid-set playing with Ohm of a heart attack as well. Pretty shitty luck

pretty sure the only way you would have heard Spirit back then is if you compulsively went to experimental shows/bought ultra obscure shit from indie record stores only in NYC.

But yeah, must've been weird to be a freak folk fan listening to Sung Tongs and then Feels comes out. It'd just be like what the fug

Good choice. I'm not particularly a fan of Krautrock but I'd enjoy being there too, given the extent that it influenced other genres.

New York late 70's new wave

would you classify yourself as a necrophiliac?

Early 80's French Minimal Synth

Can you post an example? Even a song link would suffice.

not that guy but: youtube.com/watch?v=w-3MEG8k6U0

attend 90s-early 00s underground gabber, speedcore, hardcore, hardstyle / jumpstyle etc. gigs and snort cocaine

seems like it'd be fun

Thanks. I've been listening to progressive electronic lately so even better.

I'd go see the first performance of The Rite of Spring. There were a lot of factors, but it started a riot.

those dead eyes

that guy's richard pinhas, he's like the godfather of french electronic music. the whole album is sick

Same. I would love to have seen Rotterdam Terror Corps in 2000 and then Angerfist in 2005. Something like Qlimax or Sensation Black or one of those.

Thanks. I'll give it a listen.

>tumblr

gross

Are you inferring that I have a tumblr because I found a cute girl's account and saved all of her pictures or are you saying that she's gross because she has a tumblr?

Both after reading what you just typed

someone post her mugshot

Why would you infer I have a tumblr account from that post?

Note: You've one chance to present a reasonable response. You'll know if you've failed, because I won't reply.

Not that user but why do you talk like you've got a thesaurus up your ass? Is it autism?

You are so fucking confusing Unty.

Anyways, my answer would definitely be the early 60's Greenwhich Village folk scene. Would be so fucking comfy, just learning and playing folk songs with a bunch of chill people, maybe I'd become friends with pre-fame Bob Dylan or something.

I understand it appears contrived but all manners of expression and interaction feel contrived to me so I've stopped caring.

I hope that answer will suffice. Maybe it is autism.

id go back to the 90s Youth Punk scene in cali

The edge on this post almost cut me, you need a warning label

>saved all her pictures
Dude I understand saving like a few but why

1983, California Bay Area to take part in the thrash metal dynasty

I'd go to Woodstock, if it lasted a bit longer

This doesn't really count as a music scene, but I'd go back in 1977 at the beginning of the Grateful Dead '77 spring tour and just follow them around until 5/28/77.

Early 60's Southern Califronia

That or late 60's San Francisco, the Shoegaze scene in the UK in the early 90's, or the mid-1960's when there were garage bands galore.

A club when disco was at it's prime.

Because I thought she was cute, and her pictures were so grainy that they felt authentic, even somewhat homely.

Your seriousness coupled with you posting pics of girls is hilarious to me

We were just talking about this girl in another thread yesterday

Here's her instagram if you want it: instagram.com/re.verb/

I don't remember her tumblr though.

Either one of these:

Mid to late 50s figuring out how to achieve total serialism with Stockhausen in the German musique concrete scene.

Late 60s/early 70s New York hanging with The Velvet Underground and Miles Davis' weird electric era crew coming up with all sorts of weird textural but also rhythmic ways to push music.

Late 80s/early 90s metal scenes in either Florida, Sweden, or South America trying to make the rawest riffiest piece of badass in existence.

Inside Autechre's studio for the past couple years as they worked on elseq 1-5 to see/learn the true cutting edge of music in today's age.

stop posting ugly girls

Ok.

cool

late 90s/early 00s US indie rock scene

Norwegian Black Metal scene circa Euronymous & Varg.
British experimental/industrial scene (Coil, Current 93, Test Dept, Organum).

I see this girl at shows sometimes around Michigan wtf

what does she smell like

who this?

I dunno it's always in a crowd so I can't smell her. I saw her at a Death Grips show in Detroit once tb h

Early 00's London dubstep scene.

The early dubstep sound is really close to my heart and to be part of or a witness to the birth of the genre would be mindblowing

Whats her tumblr?

70's punk scene to see all the legends in their prime and enjoy the early punk fashion or the Madchester scene in the 80's for the drugs and club scene

Wish I could go back to when Jeff Magnum was still alive rest in piss

Oh, this is an easy one.

I'd love to have been at NYU or Colombia as an undergrad in the mid-Seventies to catch that scene. Then as it faded and as I was graduating (1980), I'd have gone to the LSU for my PhD to catch post-punk ('80-'83), then post-doc at TU-Berlin for the remnants of that scene ('83-'86). After that, I likely would've taken a teaching/research position at U-Dub to enjoy the PNW's "fourth wave (of punk)" before MTV ruined it.

I mention all those schools because that's the only way I would've been able to do all that traveling (and my education did have a very similar arc, but it was from 1997-2008, so music was already dead for the most part). Being able to be young during that period and enjoying front row seats on the ground floor before the labels and the casuals shit all over it would've been so fucking rad.

okay but like who's the gal

the vaporwave scene at my cc

tfw no vaporwave scene at my cc

Late 80's youth crew scene in New York.

Just to go and fucking mosh my balls off to some Gorilla Biscuits or Cro-Mags, that'd be fun.

Which scene?
You had four different scenes simultaneously happening at the same time each with their own unique sounds and bands.
You had the New York scene the London Scene the San Francisco scene and the Los Angeles scene and all these different scenes were rivals who were in competition with one another. (And that's not even including what was happening in Canada and THAT had two different scenes in competition with each other those being Toronto and Vancouver) Gotta admit though some great bands/music came out of those scenes.

Early 90s shoegaze London

Seattles in the 80's.

Because Tad would've been fucking awesome to chill with

I'd like to see if the scene was popular with females even at the genre's conception.

early 1980's NYC no wave scene would have been amazing, I imagine

is unty black

i remember seeing a picture of him i think and it was a black guy

>tfw no qt snaws gf

You really do think about this a lot, don't you?