Now that it's basically over can we talk about PL organizer's fuck-up and the stupid schedule?

Now that it's basically over can we talk about PL organizer's fuck-up and the stupid schedule?

In the last 5 or so rounds all the games, or at least all the important games, should be held at the same time, as to avoid the awkwardness of a team being declared champions when they aren't even on the field. Worse yet, being declared champions on a MONDAY.

desu it was disgusting and harsh that Tottenham ALWAYS played the monday game, so all the pressure was on them, they were always the chasers.

But no one mentions how fucked that was because muh fairy tale

no

who gives a fuck?

Why in god's good name is every big match (teams in top 6 that play each other) on a fucking Sunday? I like saturedays but I don't wanna have to watch fucking Villa, Swanshit and Everton on that day. If theres a derby it's on fucking Sunday....I hate these guys

Or you could just do it sensibly and have the actual championship depend on the outcome of a game where whoever wins is the champion, so that the event of becoming the champion actually matters and you can celebrate it right there with everyone watching, and the game itself has a lot riding on it so if you win then it makes it all that much sweeter.

But if you don't want to do that then you don't really care about the timing or immediate importance of when the championship is won anyways, and you can stick to your current system where the league can be won weeks before the season ends.

So either commit all towards one or the other instead of half-assing either way, your choice which way is more important to you.

no

who gives a fuck?

This guy has a point though, the schedulers blatantly favoured Leicester.

This

And as much as I enjoyed THAT Hazard goal as a Chelsea fan, this guy makes a pretty fair point.

Fuck off m8

>In the last 5 or so rounds all the games, or at least all the important games, should be held at the same time

What a fucking stupid idea. You do know those teams will most likely be in 3 or 4 different cup competitions right?

>3 or 4 different cup competitions
>in april/may

U wot

Feck off, football is about consistency not explosions and commercials. You Americans need to learn how to be patient, increase your attention span and stop overcomplicating sports to accommodate these behaviors.

>the point

>your head

They didn't even make it subtle. As soon as Leicester beat man city they moved all their fixtures

Because the premier league has to do what the tv money says. The schedulers and organisers aren't trying to set up a dramatic league, they're just doing what will appease the tv companies. It's the real answer. There are probably very powerful people in the football association who would love to do what you said but can't.

It backfired on Sky quite spectacularly though. They had to cover a title win in pubs and outside the king power rather than on the pitch. A phone video inside vardys house was the best thing they could offer

it was mainly to do with the fact that Leicester, of all teams, were the best performing team of the league. No-one was prepared for it.

If you advance in cup competitions a whole bunch of your fixtures get moved all over the place. Tottenham were playing Mondays, Liverpool were playing Sundays, United were playing wherever, etc. though the fixtures in general were fucked desu

Oh look its this argument again

>the title race is down to just Leicester and Spurs
>change the schedule so that Spurs have to play the day after Leicester for every game except the last one

I can understand why they did it, but it seems a bit lame. Plus it ended up backfiring on them in the end, since the title race ended early and Leicester won it while watching tv at Jamie Vardy's house.

First step would be to abolish the useless league cup no one cares about. It just clogs up the whole schedule during winter, and teams play their shitty youth players.

Fa cup is enough, and even that has been degraded to a youth cup since teams have three games in 7 days. At least make the cup meaningful (cl starter place for winner etc.), otherwise its just needless

>since the title race ended early and Leicester won it while watching tv at Jamie Vardy's house.
How did it backfire? Unless they were playing at the same time as Tottenham plays, they would have still be crowned while watching tv.
Also it couldn't have ended better desu
>Early win allowed Ranieri to bring Bocelli at the King power stadium
>Kasper win on the same day, at the same age and in the smae circumstances as his father when the latter won his first title
>It literally ends with Jamie Vardy having a party

>Unless they were playing at the same time as Tottenham plays, they would have still be crowned while watching tv

Exactly. They should have been playing at the same time, neither team had any cup competitions left to play.

>Also it couldn't have ended better desu

I don't know, I think seeing Leicester fans react live to Hazard's goal, knowing that it had won them the league, would have been a lot more entertaining. And in general, title races are more fun when they last longer. Seeing as Leicester just kept winning, they would have won eventually anyway.

>What is the FA Cup

>Brazil