What are some great concept albums?

what is the concept

This album started out strong but falls apart after "Medac" (The music is still good though but the concept isn't)

we wuz kangz n sheeit

I'm gonna be honest I just wanted to give the thread a bump

their whole trilogy

It gets a lot of hate on Sup Forums for some reason but Hospice is great IMO.

the only reason for that is that when it was released, Sup Forums recommended it like crazy, so any new person that came listened to it. thus it slowly became a sign of newfag and the Sup Forums hivemind now rejects it.

Sup Forums is stupid

Dystopian future where android girl falls in love with human. This is against the rules, so the government tries to destroy her. The android is a metaphor for the other. It reminds me of a lot of the conceptual soul and funk albums of the seventies that had sci fi concepts acting as analogs for race issues, etc.

How come no one posted pic related yet

Every Pink Floyd (and by extension Roger Waters) concept album is fucking awesome. They really made the genre.

You can really imagine a concept for all their non-concept albums, too.

HERE IS THE NEWS

There's really not much of a concept besides being presented as a faux pirate radio broadcast. But I'd classify that more as a motif than a concept.

Is Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots considered a concept album? If so, then it's pretty good, aside from a couple of songs that are a big miss.

Eh, I dunno. I found it before I was on Sup Forums, and while i loved it at first, with every listen it lost a bit of luster; the writing seemed manipulative and melodramatic (which is sad because it's apparently partially autobiographical), the production (read: whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh) was overbearing, and both the concept and shoegazy atmosphere in retrospect seemed like crutches for the mediocre songwriting. There are some good melodies, and I don't hate the album, but I don't think the album holds up.

I think pic related is better, honestly.

Because it's an overlong, bloated, corny pile of shit that high school band kids flock to.