ITT

ITT
We invent Nu-gaze and Dreamcore

Can Dreamcore be like triphop, but entirely acoustic and with wind instruments?

Throw in some woodblocks and I'm really down for this idea. Maybe incorporate some ambient drone generated by a computer or synth too to kind of create a juxtaposition of natural sounds vs electronic giving a dreamier feel.

Nu-gaze can be harsh noise walls that are so dense and compact that they just sound like ambience drone.

Throw in some reverbed singing and the guy from Alcest to scream every now and then and you've got yourself a new genre.

I've heard people describe Silversun Pickups as nu gaze because it's more accessible indie rock with shoegaze/dream pop elements

but idk if that's what you guys were thinking

OP here
Sounds good, how are the vocals mixed? If at all vocals
Vocals should be mixed louder than the sound itself, and be sort of a guide like the Wily Wonka boat scene.

dreamcore could be like dream-pop layered with harsh noise.

I'm not sure if the vocals should be heavily mixed or not mixed at all. Or maybe both in patches because muh inception.

Ethereal, flimsy produced vocals. Take the vocal stylings of both Portishead and Massive Attack with the sexiness and chill vibe but have them a little more distorted and probably lower in the mix.

Maybe alternate between ethereal vocals and deep, rich bass.

it has been already been done

is Dreamwave gonna have some sort of thematic overture like how vaporwave is muh capitalism and nostalgia?
Fuck it why not let Dreamwave go full existential and pepper it with pseudo philosophical bullshit about human conscience, throw is some Jackson Pollock paintings for the "aesthetic" or whatever.
Honestly though the ideas in this thread so far are intriguing and I'd probably listen to it.

*dreamcore, sorry

I was thinking of going for a battle between existentialism and aesthetic immersion. A sort of "is this really symbolic" type of deal.

I like that idea a lot.

huh, well we're both not too far from each other then.
>A sort of "is this really symbollic" type of deal
That works a lot better with the whole Jackson Pollock thing

You use some kind of program to lover the pitch of your voice.

What if it's themes are the battle between irony/post-irony and new-sincerity with a dash of existentialism?

Maybe some sort of world-weary person dabbling in irony, but realizing something newly sincere? Afraid to grasp it, but afraid not to.

Guys, you do know Nu-gaze is just all Shoegaze that has been made since the original scene died, right?

god I fucking hate this post
go back to /lit/ you piece of shit

>The Necromancer
>Dreamcore concept album

I actually want to make something like this now. thank you for the inspoboner.

Nu-gaze is like normal shoegaze with turntables, scratching, and the singer raps, guitars are all drop-D 7-strings.