I was under the Impression Dj Screw was a legend and an inspiration to Lil Ugly Mane...

I was under the Impression Dj Screw was a legend and an inspiration to Lil Ugly Mane, so I decided to download some of his tapes.

They're awful. Do you have to be sipping tons of codeine a day to understand this stuff or am I plebeian?

It's just slowed down 90s rap, without the class and smoothness of vaporwave.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-SNDoLXYtpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>listens to LUM and vaporwave
Screw didn't make music for you. Move on

edgy

>am I plebeian?
Obviously.

I love the artwork, and I'm somewhat familiar with Houston hip-hop, but the only song I can really listen to without cringing is sailing da south. I'm just confused how to listen to this.

dude morphine lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=-SNDoLXYtpc
try this. if it doesn't appeal to you then give up

I've started with his first tape and worked my way up, so far I'm at 11 and would say only five or 6 songs are worth listening to again.

Hope it picks up

It's OK. Just like vaporwave, gets boring after the first couple minutes. There's literally no reason for that to be 9 mins long lmao.

I'm on his 3rd atm and I feel the same. I guess it's just not for me. A shame because I think the artwork and aesthetic are awesome

why would you force yourself through 11 tapes you barely like?

literally this

dude codeine lmao

I made a chart of memphis hip-hop if you're looking for stuff that sounds like Lil Ugly

Open to any suggestions to add

add Blackout - Dreamworld

I like triple six, which is why I assumed I'd like screw. I'll check the rest of this out tho thanks!

The Legend Lady J and Tom Skeenask are two I like personally that aren't on there, although I don't know much about it

If you don't like 90s rap, it's not going to do a lot for you

Add some Evil Pimp

done

lady j is poop
for some reason topsters doesnt have 2 Wild For The World, so just added his Solo Tape

wrong era fool

I deleted his discography for the same reason. Felt the same about LUM, can't sit through it.

all of them suck ass. get some taste