Wtf I love black metal now

wtf I love black metal now

I became a black metal fan after that album too.

more like pink metal amirite

Only kind of metal I've liked so far, the high pitched screaming doesn't sound as tryhard and bad as the "angry" gorilla low screams. It sounds more like pain, which I relate to more than anger.

I listened to this album expecting good shoegaze and I hated it. I mean, the instrumentation on the first couple of songs was beautiful, but the black metal vocals ruined it. It's not that I dislike black metal vocals since I love filosofem, but it doesn't mix good with shoegaze imo.

>sunbather
>black metal
:^) :^) :^)

Listen to it more
Read the lyrics

>black metal
low quality bait.

I came here to say that it's annoying that you can't talk about Sunbather on Sup Forums without endless memeing, but thanks you two for trying.

And about relating more to pain than anger, that's really true for me aswell. High pitched feels more genuine than gutturals.

The lyrics hit me so hard it's ridiculous. I listened to it a few times and enjoyed it, but when I read up on the lyrics it gained a whole new dimension. They fit so well to the music and everything about "modern" depression.

>"modern" depression

I understand what you meant by this but reading it still made me irrationally angry.

Only nu-males like this album

I sincerely hope somebody chooses to stab you to death.

Posting kino

wtf I hate Deafheaven now

legitimately unironically what else out there sounds like Brought To The Water?

rest of the songs are shit

Try Black Cascade and the rest of WITTR.

From the Kettle onto the Coil, one of their singles

Figures.

I don't know why this is posted whenever there's rightful criticism of this album. It's laughably inaccurate.

See

also no one would care and it wouldn't gain so much attention from hipsters

Are you trying to communicate something

someone show this to Varg

see

its called a joke. a humour. there is a fucking panda on the picture

:^)
>a joke
>humour
"ha"
deafheaven fans unironically hold this belief, don't be pedantic

see

I listen to Deafheaven: The Post

Depressive/Suicidal Black Metal > Black Metal
until a sadder genre gets invented

see

>genre is good because it's "depressing"
How's adolescence treating you?

teehee! it is funny because i repeat the post and this is funny, teehee! :) epic! epic humour, teehee!
repeat the post! :) teehee
:)

Yeah I didn't know how to express it better.

kek

I thought I was the only one

Honestly, I don't think the album is even that great but people folk to it for some reason.

The only reason I don't hate this album is because it has gotten a lot of people into black metal, which is great. What else have you been listening to?

I like the album for what it is:
A 90s generic highschool drama ost played like black metal.

I guess I am a nu-male then. oh well

>its another Sup Forums can't think outside of in-groups thread and appreciate music at face value without having to lump it in with whatever genre

Why are you posting my wife? Please desist.

>black metal
Apologize.

its literally screamo

>mvh kvlt

I am actually pretty open to new sounds in black metal but Sunbather just isn't black metal

sunbather is the best black metal album

>when you want to listen to black metal without actually having to listen to black metal

You're a dense cunt.

I also came into this album despising black metal, loved the sound and the screaming wasn't that in center and frontal. Made me appriciate the album more. The lyrics really fit the vibe

666 poster confirmed. Deafheaven are not black metal. They're screamo.

i liked the first track but the others on it aren't that great.

their are a lot more metal albums superior to sunbather.

First song is definetly the best one

Heretoir is really, really good. Haunting vocals.

Also, Sunbather is not Black Metal, it's Blackgaze. Just as, I don't know, At The Gates isn't Death Metal, they're Melodic Death Metal.

I don't see why that's important though.

one of the best metal albums of all time for me

Best Black Metal album made in the last 10 years. You hear that you black metal autists, best BLACK METAL ALBUM.

But that's hardly even DSBM

The ironic thing is that kvlties only want to make the Blackgaze/BM distinction with Deafheaven. Like is Blackgaze.

>2013
>Black metal

Everyone knows that this was the last black metal album ever made.

Ulver are as BM as deafheaven, you fucking troglodyte.

If Sunbather and Deafheaven looked like that:
>it would still be a boring album
>they wouldn't have picked up a massive indie middlebrow fanbase
>metalfags wouldn't be mad about it, because the incursion of milquetoast hipsters (and their insipid taste) into metal culture would never have happened
so this pic is technically correct

tl;dr listen to VENOM instead

Nice fuck'n trips user

I read the lyrics of the first song, but they didn't make sense to me. Should I keep going?

one of the great injustices of our time

tripsss

>666
shiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet