This is amazing. anything more like it?

this is amazing. anything more like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oiV0pHdNJAY
youtube.com/watch?v=TRq4Tc-cry4
youtube.com/watch?v=CR6y-csLK48
youtube.com/watch?v=3I32kOQqag4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sadly not, you hit peak Kozelek. You'll spend the rest of your life looking for someone who can create such poetic beauty out of what is seemingly mundane, but you never will. You've listened to the best album quite possibly ever made. It's all downhill from here.

> You've listened to the best album quite possibly ever made.

you're god damn right i have

universal themes is better. most of his albums have some worth, but only the more recent ones are particularly benji-esque.

wrong
ghost is his best album easily
universal themes is better than benji but definitely listen to ghosts its his best album period besides rollercoaster

youtube.com/watch?v=oiV0pHdNJAY this song alone should convince you

Its quite comfy

these guys get it
like yeah benji has some great songs and the lyrics are incredible but a lot of the instrumentation is just really bland and boring

Kozelek made many better albums over the years, though Benji might be the peak of his sad old geezer dad-rap phase. Try:

Down Colorful Hill
Rollercoaster
Bridge
Ocean Beach
Old Ramon
Ghost of the Great Highway
Nights LP
April
Admiral Fell Promises
Or for some other bands, listen to Songs:Ohia or Tindersticks.
benji isn't even in his Top 10, Markie Mark said so himself.

I really like it for it's stripped down and simple instrumentation. It makes it's lyrics stand out more for me

but it's not REALLY stripped back. some songs for sure, but others are meant to legitimately rock, but instead end up falling flat.

not very similar to benji but I love recommending East River Pipe to Sun Kil Moon fans
youtube.com/watch?v=TRq4Tc-cry4

What songs on Benji are meant to rock?

Dogs, pray for newtown, Richard Ramirez, I love my dad
Compare any of these to with a sort of grace from universal themes, there's a world of difference, though I actually do like Richard Ramirez quite a bit

I don't get what's so special about this artist outside of his rather decent lyrics. Take the lyrics away or change them to subpar countryesque tirades and the albums are absolutely mediocre.

Would you mind sharing better artist?

I Watched the Film the Song Remains the Same is amazing.

What for? So that you can go "see I knew you're a pleb, that artist is bullshit". Besides I don't even know where to begin. As far as I'm concerned, anything I like is better than anything I don't, so my whole library is full of better artists.

Dogs does rock and none of those other songs are meant to

>make it worse
>it's worse
Yeah of course

What a fucking pussy

no So i can listen to better music. I love sun kil moon but if somebody on Sup Forums has a better artist I'd love to hear

Just name some and point me in the right direction pls

>missing the point so bad you start jerking off to pictures of its facebook profile while crying

ITT: Retards being retarded
It's an alright album. It's not one of his best. Universal Themes is better.

What a fuckin moron....some of you make me sick with your repulsive tastes

Benji is the only Mark Kozelek work that you've heard. You have no right.

I've seen kozelek perform over 10 times young man. Try again faggot... Not OP here

Easily one of my favourite albums, so good. I love Rollercoaster too but it's not the same.

Something about this album is so immersive, at the end i always feel like ive just been lost in a great American novel

The lyrics are what makes the album, taking them away and adding bad country vocals/lyrics is like saying death grips is bad because you can replace MC Ride with Frank Sinatra and it wouldn't sound good, of course it wouldn't because your taking out the thing that makes it good

I've had an actual conversation with the man. I've bought him his favorite coffee bean. I have a down colorful hill tattoo on my shoulder. This is not a joke. Benji is GOAT

Universal Themes is better

No love for Songs for a Blue Guitar from anyone?
Definitely check out Jason Molina's work though, especially his album Magnolia Electric Co.

nick drake or try benoit pioulard

youtube.com/watch?v=CR6y-csLK48

youtube.com/watch?v=3I32kOQqag4

Hell, might as well start with the likes of Bert Jansch, John Martyn, Nick Drake, early Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and Roy Harper and move to more contemporary acts like Richard Youngs (1997 onwards), David Francey, Natural Snow Buildings, Empyrium, Pantaleimon, late era Current 93 or even Tunng for a bit of an electronic aftertaste. I don't know what to tell you, though, unless you get more specific.

Banji?

carissa's lyrics are quite moving. real shame if its truly about one of his cousins dying

marks a great lyricist he really puts detail in his storytelling

>THE LYRICS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS THE MUSIC IS ABSOLUTELY OF NO IMPORTANCE

Go read poetry, faggot.

>at the end i always feel like ive just been lost in a great American novel
You feel like you're lost in a self-aggrandizing mumbled dribble? Me too. That's Benji to a T

Songs for a Blue Guitar had some great songs, especially Make Like Paper and Another Song but man did it fall apart as a whole. I mean it's just a mess of overly clean production, cover songs and awful attempts at honky-tonk ( I feel the rain fall). Still a 7/10.

His other albums are him complaining about the people that go to his concerts and the fact that he doesn't get laid as much as he used to :(

No.

Im not saying that thats the ONLY thing that matters, its just the primary focus on this album, and yes I do think the instrumentation is godly, but its not as amazing as the lyrics, if you think that lyrics dont matter than dont try to get into any mark kozelek album

That's literally only Among the Leaves though, his shit before was completely different.

Worry not, I won't even try.

yeah you can actually look up the names or situations of the people he talks about and youll find a lot of local ohio news stations talking about he same thing, I'm pretty sure every song is true, even Jim Wise

Benji is a masterpiece.

I know nick drake.neil and joni but I'll check out the others
thank you very much!

>Mary Anne was my first fuck
>She slide down between my legs and oh my god she could suck
Genius lyrics Mark

>Taking lyrics out of context
>Pretends like that actually makes a point
Good ruse mate

calm down mark

those are heat, what you talkin bout mane