ITT: post *unique* 2016 album that you feel didn't get discussed enough

ITT: post *unique* 2016 album that you feel didn't get discussed enough.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

steadyholiday.bandcamp.com
maybles.bandcamp.com/album/what-time-is-night
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fantastic album. I've heard everything else TV Girl's done but the new album is still my favorite thing they've made.
Saw them live too back in April and it was pretty great. I really don't understand how they're not bigger, maybe it's because they don't have a label or a manager.

Steady Holiday - Under the Influence
steadyholiday.bandcamp.com

Excellent dream pop with beautiful arrangements and prominent violin. I first found about them during the Coachella stream this year and was baffled that they had virtually no press.

This sounds interesting, I'll give it a listen.

Also pic related. Definitely my pop AOTY

Nothing is unique you nobgobbler

A couple of picks this year
>Ausmuteants –Band Of The Future
Aussie synthpunk band, think of the stuff Screamers or Units were doing back in the late 70s
>Drose –Boy Man Machine
Very industrial and heavy no wave, think of late 80s Swans if Gira had lost his voice and still tried singing
>Morgan Delt –Phase Zero
Lo-fi psych fuzz pop, lots of Carnatic stylings sounding as if they're being played out of a shoebox
>食品まつりa.k.a.foodman –Ez Minzoku
Abstract footwork from Japan with very loose emphasis on beat and structure, that track OPN and AG Cook did together is the closest sound I can think of and even still this is more "out there"

>retro/revival
>retro/revival
>retro/revival
>retro/revival

>*unique*

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

yes but I don't see how that's relevant

I dug this one but when I played it for my gf she called it run of the mill arty Bushwick junk and I can't help but feel she's not completely off-base.
Randomness is still fantastic but some of the lyrics and style come off as a bit tryhard.

Eric Holm's follow-up to Andoya. Switched out the artic feel for the cold depths of the Norwegian sea.

foodman is not retro/revival, brodicus

I was shocked by how much I enjoyed this. I hated Jakko's voice and was supremely disappointed when he was announced as the new KC vocalist, but he actually doesn't sound too bad here. His voice is still a bit too sweet sounding for the music, but it works well enough.
The triple drummer thing still seems like a gimmick, but I can't deny that it sounded great on this recording.
I really hope this is a prelude to a new studio album, because most of the new material sounded strong and it feels like Fripp is tapping back into the Wetton-era sound which is easily my favorite period of KC.

Doing synthpunk or no wave in 2016 is relatively unique even if it's "revival"
See if you're looking for anything that lives up to your standards

You sound like a cunt. Also foodman isn't revival.

But, user, I posted that pic.
I totally am and it totally is.

Eating a frozen mix of cat, dog and human shit is also relatively unique, doesn't mean I should enter it in a contest for "unique desserts". Especially since we're all admitting that people eating shit is rather commonplace.

You're right, he's just generic.

>Eating a frozen mix of cat, dog and human shit is also relatively unique, doesn't mean I should enter it in a contest for "unique desserts"
I don't even know where you were trying to go with this

Been sharing this around Sup Forums a lot lately, this band needs more attention. Female fronted no-wave group with krautrock flavours

Been listening to Who Really Cares a bunch recently. Very rapidly has become my favourite release of 2016.
Not Allowed or Cigarettes Out Of The Window for fave tracks atm.

Also have seen barely any talk of pic related, guess Sup Forums just doesn't really like white-guy hiphop.

Bump

not unique but good

>2016
still pretty good though

When was the last time you listened to no-wave made by a seven year old?

What album is this?

bay faction - s/t

This album is great

that's a good return for him

Objectively the most unique and groundbreaking release of 2016, yet outside of some talks of timbres, AEG guys just saying it's good, and ADHD faggots calling it boring, not much discussion. Even most reviews have been very lacking.

It's boring and derivative

derivative of what exactly

so good

Got any dl link?

BUMP

Good thread. I need to be paying more attention to this.

i've been trying to get people onto this record since its release, honestly my aoty so fantastic and dreamy and good

i got a few.......

>scallops hotel - too much of life is mood
lo-fi, depressive 40 min tape from milo. no track breaks. reccing this if you like solace by earl

>coin locker kid - the salmon of doubt
really fucking weird& abstract, but also really engaging. some of the most creative producing ive heard this year. if you like anticon, give this and Traumnovelle a listen

>ross from friends - you'll understand
outsider house EP. the vocal sampling is very burial-esque, and the title track is just fuckin sex

>FLANCH - FLANCH
uncanny valley hip hop/R&B in the vein of arca.

saw this yesterday but never listened to it, will download

this is an amazing album

backlogged this yesterday, will listen

Stomach It is literally a Vespertine ripoff but other than that this album is really good

maybles.bandcamp.com/album/what-time-is-night
the first track is definitely worth a listen

only album i've heard itt. it's probably the only album this year that exceeded my expectations of it, which was nice considering how many disappointing albums there have been

sorry mate but there is absolutely nothing "unique" about that Ross from friends release or outsider house in general

It's my AOTY so far

bumping again

sounds up my street, I'll check it out user

granted it turned out sounding a bit like a modernized Linkin Park but i'd still say it's fairly unique