>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A2RLD0R_D8c
chicago.craigslist.org/nch/msg/5767051455.html
clyp.it/emzipl20
vocaroo.com/i/s1WMwaL2hqge
youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is this grandpas bullshit

I'm heading over to check on a used guitar before buying it. What should I check for mainly?

watch your tongue young man

Deepa is a babe
I want to pump her

stop posting this tranny shit

>tube amps
>solid state amps
>DAWs
>Pedals
>preamps
>combo amps
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Squier guitars
>Epiphone guitars
>Ibanez guitars
>PRS guitars
>ESP guitars
>Martin guitars
>Taylor guitars
>Gretsch guitars
>Yamaha guitars
>Samick guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>guitars with more than 6 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>plastic picks
>finger picks
>Expensive cables
>off-brand cables
>nylon strings
>steel strings
>nickel strings
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>rock guitar
>classical guitar
>metal guitar
>folk guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Math rock
>"time signatures"
>Music "theory"
>playing "by ear"
>reading music
>Guitars with more than one point
>"Shredding"
>fingerstyle
>"phrasing"
>"rhythm" guitar
>"lead" guitar
>wooden guitars
>fibre glass guitars
>guitars with strings

O I am laffing

;____;

fuck off

It's looking a lot better than yesterday. I think you should paint it though

Basswood can actually be pretty sometimes. That one piece almost looks like mahogany.

is that a hidden boomerang? great idea

Definitely, he can chuck it at assholes at shows.

everyone who says play freebird needs to get boomeranged in the face

Anyone? It's an electric.

If the neck is "straight".

Ie. it's not bent like an S or anything like that.
What kind of guitar is it?

Action (is it comfortable to play) any buzzing frets, make sure all the pickup positions and knobs work.

Action can be adjusted (most of the time) but if a guitar has a really bowed neck it's usually a bad sign that it's been abused.

Thoughts on the Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster

Are there any other band anime aside from BECK and K-ON?

This. Also make sure the output isn't fucked. It's not something that can't be fixed by you, but it's a pain in the ass to consistently deal with. Most of the time just tightening the bolts won't fix it permanently and you'll be better off replacing the whole jack.

Detroit Metal City kinda

Ugly, no stock middle Tele position, cheap, Mexican.

Middle tele position sucks. A Noiseless 2/4 stratlike setting is much more useful.

Hello /gg/, can you play up to the first repeat?

Record it.

>implying anyone here can read music

It's a crappy guitar for a low price, but I don't want to get robbed either way.

The guitar is supposedly in mint condition. Buzzing frets can be fixed with a setup correct?

My current guitar has this issue and it's very frustrating. Thanks for reminding me to check that one out

Probably not, imma tab it out (yeah fuck you I hate reading on sheet) and go to sleep.

Why not have more pots to take care of the extra pup? Can the masses tolerate a control plate that differs from
>muh tele
?

I'm going to buy it at a place where I can't take an amp. Will a preamp with headphones connected be enough to test all the stuff you guys mentioned, like knobs etc? Or am I taking too big a risk?

Piano pieces really don't translate well to guitar.

i can read the notes (e-d, d/c e g c g e c e g e/c g e e) but the rhythmic stuff is messing me up

:(

This is not a hard piece. It's also in C major so they should be a able to hammer out where the notes are in the first few minutes.
You're going through an unnecessary extra step. In order to change it to tablature you'd be figuring out the locations of the notes in the first place.
Can't wait to hear the rhythms.

They make newer improved models of electric guitars with comfortable contours already in them. I think they call them "anything but telecasters"

Yes. It should suffice.

A setup can fix -some- fret buzz but if there's a sever bow to the neck a setup won't be enough. It might be bad enough that you need to get a new neck altogether.

>piano piece
Some are fine, others I wouldn't touch.

This is a simple nocturne by Johann Kaspar Mertz, it was written for guitar.

>You're going through an unnecessary extra step. In order to change it to tablature you'd be figuring out the locations of the notes in the first place.
It's not that hard once you know your fretboard. Every time I try to play directly from a sheet I end up messing up and playing the wrong notes.

How do you know which notes to play on sheet music when there's several places on the guitar with the same note in the same octave? Do you just look for the comfiest nearest note to the last one you played?

My mistake. I can't read sheet music for shit though.

Triplets on bottom, a smooth melody on top.

The end of the measures that have that 16th note in the melody is tricky due to the immediacy of it's entrance after the bottom voice ends it's phrase.

Hey, an hero.

Record it.

the only reason i can read it is because i played trumpet in school. reading the notes is easy, but i had problem with getting down note values and rests and all the rhythmic stuff. i basically had to listen to the rest of the group to "get it" and know what's going on

im just dumb tBh

It's whatever is easiest or fit's the melody best. On thing classical guitarists will do sometimes is make the melody fit all on one string because the strings all have a different tone between themselves.
Pretend like this particular piece is all in open position with A on the first string(5th fret) being your highest note.

Yeah, the output jack on my Squire has that problem and I CANNOT FUCKING STAND IT.

My main problem is that I don't know what will really fix it permanently.

Not sure how I could post it though. I'm away from my computer.
I'd record it as a voice memo, but vocaroo doesn't accept the kind of files produced.

I'll post it tonight sometime for sure.

Nice pair

Just picked this up.
youtube.com/watch?v=A2RLD0R_D8c

Basically done with my board now. All I ever really felt like I needed was a tuner, an OD, a delay, and a reverb. It's simple, but I've never been one for having too many pedals. I don't know what it is, but I think it's that I really just don't like overwhelming myself with options and possibilities on a tonal level. My head gets too wrapped up in what could be, that I never actually get anything concrete.

That's the best reverb I've ever heard. I want one now!

I got the only one I could find on Reverb. It sounds great, and I like the little pipe smoking bear on it.

Yeah the bear looks awesome.

>and I like the little pipe smoking bear on it.
Spoken like a true guitarist

The tele control plate is one of the coolest things about it, that and the bridge plate

Sometimes silly little shit like that is what tips the scales in something's favor for me. There's a sea of reverb pedals and what makes that one stand out to me is a pipe smoking bear with a beanie (it was also fairly cheap; $95). If I like how it sounds and I like how it looks, then I'm good.

The bear/dog has a fucking zit that lights up in the middle of its forehead though.

Ded
instrument

>taking the time to post this every thread
you're worse than the guy who posts his waifu guitar

chicago.craigslist.org/nch/msg/5767051455.html

For $65 is it still a good idea to get a Chickenbacker 360?

>For $65 is it still a good idea to get a Chickenbacker 360?
For $65 you'll be lucky it's fucking straight.

I'd hit it for $65. Will be a good modding platform.

Chickenbacker > Rickenbacker

What guitar?

Want

>it gets longer every thread

steampunk

>Corduroy pants
>Leather vest
>Loose sleeved shirt
>That bass

The whole picture has him sporting a neckbeard and a fedora, right?

My guess is the guy was being payed to play... I don't see any issue dressing up for a ren fair, Halloween, or other themed event.

Except he's posing for a picture with no cable in the fucking jack.

Probably some fucking cosplay con shite.

I ordered another bass, I really don't need it, I'm not a great bass player either, I just had the money and felt like it. Not sure whether that's okay or not.

Probably is one of those, but posing for pictures doesn't mean he didn't play. I mean, you can see why someone would ask to take a picture of that bass.

I'm not a big fan of instruments with retarded shit glued on top + bread board replacing the plastic guard.

It's macaroni art tier. It looks fucking retarded.

Frankly, not really. I know a lot of people, young and old, who spend money too freely. It really doesn't do you any good, and to some degree you wind up with the same entertainment either way. People who spend more carefully tend to choose something they'll really like, and getting a new bass tends to diminish how much you like your other basses.

>who spend money too freely
I mean, I save up a few hundred bucks every single month and I have a few k saved up.

clyp.it/emzipl20

here's a rough quick sightreading of it. haven't broken out my classical in a while so excuse the multiple hesitations and timing mistakes

if i spend like 15-20 min on it i'm sure i can make it better, i haven't read music in a while so essentially sightreading it was pretty hard. damn i should get back into classical guitar, shit's fun

thinking of getting a Marshall DSL40C
should I?

Its a good amp. I have no idea if fits what style of music you play though. If you dont need 40 watts then go for the dsl15

Hey m8s, I just recorded this shit.
Mind giving me some feedback?

vocaroo.com/i/s1WMwaL2hqge

Keep in mind that vocaroo lowers the quality of the MP3 when you upload it.

mostly play indie rock, emo, and noise rock
I'll probably get the dsl15 since I don't gig or anything

Worship rock/10.

Playing isn't bad, but it's not particularly interesting. The bass is outright shite.

nice. pokemon music is goat. what kind of feedback were you looking for specifically?

m8 have you never played pokemon

Barely, too old for the original craze.

>mfw
S-sorry I just started playing bass a couple of months ago...
Hopefully less experienced people won't notice.

I'm making a video for my youtube channel. I've made a couple vidya songs before but I'm still new to recording
>[Insecurity intensifies]
I just wanted like a green flag to upload or not.

Try playing the bass an octave lower for starters, then improvise some more on the guitar lines, throw in some trills, some more bending etc.

Make it yours, don't play it like you're playing guitar hero.

I think the problem is that my right hand isn't used to the strings, since I always use picks when I'm playing guitar.
I get blisters if I play that shit for too long.

>don't play it like you're playing guitar hero
I wasn't trying to do that, I was just playing as I listened to the song over and over again.
I can't read for shit so I just learn everything by ear.

The problem is you're playing the bass as if you were playing a guitar, not with picks, but too high to fill in the bottom of the song. Just try playing along to it one octave lower and see if you understand what I mean. Bass is in the rhythm section, not the lead.

The guitar hero bit isn't meant literally. It meant you're playing stiff and exactly what you heard. You have to improvise a bit.

wheres the downvote button

In between your scrotum and your anus.

No offense but you could do better

>Buying signature guitars

I finally made something that I'd like in halo guitars. I feel like their standard colour options are so extremely limited.

My dream guitar

>TONES TO MAKE YOU CUM

youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM

I bet you'd rock it.

Square body for extra sustain

Just prop it up on the ground for maximum sustain m8.

>reading music
>not using tabs