Messi is the best, plain everything

>Messi is the best, plain everything
>he doesn't just score goals
>all the registers a player must have, the work rate, the skill, the dribble, the passing, the vision, the technique, he's simply the best
>the guys he's playing against are the best ever, the strongest, the fastest. every defender nowadays can run like a horse, and he is light-years ahead of them.
>it's difficult to say something new, or something better. Without doubt he's number 1, the best player today there is in football, and certainly one of the best in history - if not the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JF3yrdv3eY8
youtube.com/watch?v=olL9NOcCOTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=JF3yrdv3eY8

Kamil is the best

Yes, he is the best. Do we really need 2-3 threads about it every day?

>not dicksucking messi right now while it's still possible

world soccer will be completely shit without him in a few years. there seems to be no future GOAT sight whatsover

>the work rate

Suarez and Ronaldo have been better than him this season, period

more goals != better

>Ronaldo
literally lmaoing at retards like you. Ronaldo was average for the first 8 months of the season then he scored 1 goal vs Barcelona, 3 vs some mid table German team and now he's the best player in the world.

flag, topic etc

Messi is the biggest reason Suarez gets most of his goals
Ronaldo is le tap in man who was average at best in most games.

>I haven't watched a single match, I just watch the scorer table
This flag never fails at providing shit comments

Fancy dribbles and bias!= better

>Messi
>fancy dribbles
nigga u stupid

Nice ad hominems, really good discussion

There's a reason why flag topic in the real world actually applies to you subhuman fucks

Because you're worthless pieces of shit that live in total shitholes

>muh tap ins

Why does no one else score tap ins if they're so easy?

t. Jaamal Hernández

>the work rate

t. Omar Chang Tortellini

butthurt argie detected. Messi was shit this season and Ronaldo was better. keep crying about it nigger.

He's shit at argentina senpai, without a stacked team he can't do shit.

Besides carrying Rodrigo "JUST" Palacio, Martín "turtle" Demichelis and Ezequiel "playing in China" Lavezzi to a WC and a CA final? Besides retiring as our historical top scorer, scoring more goals than Maradona or Batistuta?

>Besides retiring as our historical top scorer, scoring more goals than Maradona or Batistuta?

As if that means shit today. Loads of goal records have been broken, doesn't mean Rooney is our GOAT or RVP is Holland's etc.

He flopped in the final, stop being a fanboy and deal with it.

>Why does no one else score tap ins if they're so easy?
A lot of players do.

He got carried by the defense in the WC and didn't do shit in the Copa America, he didn't score in any knockout games in those competitions, I mean come on.

All those goals in friendlies are surely impressive. Call me when you play the friendly world cup.

>Rooney is our GOAT
Ya, but your NT is wank, who cares

So why not at the rate of Ronaldo?

Or were you just pretending to be retarded and not understand the rhetorical question?

>didn't do shit in the Copa America, he didn't score in any knockout games in those competitions
Literally confirmed for not watching those games. He created like 5 goals vs Paraguay and set up Aguero and Higuain/Lavezzi with 2 great chances vs Chile that they obviously bottled.

>So why not at the rate of Ronaldo?
Because they have other duties on the pitch besides hanging around the penalty area and getting mad at team mates for not letting him score.

And all goals but 1 in the WC

It's always the same shit with Messi dickriders, when the team loses it's everyone else's fault and Messi was always amazing, but when the team wins it's him and only him, give me a fucking break.

>muh stats

Well that seems like a bad idea since they don't have 51 goals to their name most are obviously nowhere near his level

A player scores goals, at an incredible rate, and you think this is a bad thing

lol

Do you know how to use the greentext, chicano?

>why don't other players score as many as the guy who has a billion pound team completely catered to him to maximize his stats?

If he wasn't so obsessed with the ballon d'or Real would probably have won a few more titles. So many big games where he's done fuck all because he just waits around in the penalty area.

must really suck being in the wrong side of history, and having to live in colombia on top of that

Where did I say any of that? Stop grasping at invisible straws.

>Well that seems like a bad idea since they don't have 51 goals to their name most are obviously nowhere near his level
A lot of them have more than 1 league title in 7 years though.

Go ahead and find some evidence of that, bud

Yeah but if tap ins are as easy as you claim they're just holding themselves back

Scoring tap ins and hanging around the goal area are two separate concepts

>Where did I say any of that?
>set up Aguero and Higuain/Lavezzi with 2 great chances vs Chile that they obviously bottled.

He created 2 chances so he is as good as he is at Barcelona right?
Messi was completely irrelevant in every knockout game in the WC after the Switzerland one, and in the games against Colombia and Chile in the CA. Argentina as a whole was carried by the defense in those games, don't tell me Messi was so important at marking in all those 0-0 with which they got to both finals (and lost the second one).

What's sad is that Suarez has more goals with a fuck ton less shots

Ronaldo is a fucking statpadding faggot with a shit conversion rate. Considering his world class team mates are constantly passing to him and he shoots 1000 times a game, it's pretty easy to see why he has so many goals.

Worse than Suarez this year. Worse than Messi every year

>Yeah but if tap ins are as easy as you claim they're just holding themselves back
No, because there's more to football than a goal tally. Messi was scoring 70+ goals a season when he was playing as a striker but the team became much better when he was moved further away from goal and played more as a midfielder.

>this thread
It works every time

Ronaldo takes shots from all across the pitch, he's wasteful with his shot selection, it doesn't mean he's efficient

It's easy to see why he has so many goals because he puts himself in position to score those goals

yeah, nothing to do with his world class playmaker team mates, yeah nah

>there's more to football than goal tally

Sure. But it's still pretty important when the way you beat your opponent is to score goals

You made a stupid statement about dismissing tap ins and now you're talking about something completely different

>when he was playing as a striker

He's been playing the same role essentially every season since Pep took over, he's slightly moved into a more creative role however under Luis Enrique. He's not been played as a "striker" in any sense of the word

I'm not saying it doesn't. You're however completely excluding the possibility that Ronaldo actually does well in moving around and getting into goalscoring positions

>created the 2 best chances of the final
>completely irrelevant
sure thing bud

JAMES
A
M
E
S

Was*
Suarez is the best in the world this year.

Hamez's World Cup was better than Messi's so suck it faggot.

LMAO eliminated by >HUEZIL

Wow, he ran for a few yards then put in a shitty cross

LMAO lost two finals in a row and one to >CHILEL

ésto es anzuelo

Are those seriously the best plays you could find of that match, because that is really not impressive at all, and it showed in the final scoreline, and in his 1 assist in the entire cup.

LMAO he didn't even got to play the semis

Whats bait is that you actually thought that was a noteworthy play

how many copa americas does that manlet have?
how many world cups?

he plays for the same club his whole life, a team which was built around him and has 70% possession every single game. he will NEVER be considered the best unless he does something remarkable with a team that is not the best in the world.

>creating a 2v1 situation in attack from nothing
>not impressive at all

We didn't get the easiest draw possible though, Switzerland and Belgium, fuck off. And Messi couldn't score even against them either.

>this flag
>this topic
stick to killing innocent muslims

>he will NEVER be considered the best
lel

>all the registers a player must have, a work rate

wrong. messi spends about 90% of the game just walking around.

I agree with this 100%.

>he will NEVER be considered the best
Well, you're wrong here because he's not even 29 and already considered the best by most people.

First one he picked out an open man, very simple

2nd one he put in a shitty cross after a decent run

It's not the slightest bit spectacular, you have Messi tinted goggles where you think everything he does has some sort of underlying brilliance to it

Yes, completely worthy of the golden ball in the world cup, especially while at the same time Germany were destroying Brazil, and many players got more goals and assists than him.

>First one he picked out an open man, very simple
And a big reason why this man was open was Messi always having 3-4 opponents in his vicinity.

>beating Brazil
>impressive
pick 1, even Netherlands beat them without any problems.

Messi didn't magically make them go there. They decided to go there

You didn't address the main point in my post, how do those two "impressive" chances he created in his infinite power and wisdommake him worthy of the Golden Ball at the end of the WC, when there were several players that had better performances than him?

would say he def underperfomred a bit for argentina but than again argentina has like some of the most overrated shit players on it also no good coaches apparently so whatever

>when there were several players that had better performances than him?
Like who?

And I like how the main point went from "He was shit and completely irrelevant" to "He did not deserve the Golden Ball".

You spelt Ronaldinho wrong and wrong pic

Hamez and Muller

>in his infinite power and wisdommake
I sense the butthurt is strong in you

>Like who?
Just off the top of my head: James, Robben, Muller, Kross, Lahm, Neuer, even Neymar was more important to Brazil than Messi was to Argentina, and more importantly Mascherano, who carried Argentina to the final along with the rest of the defense and goalkeeper.

rashford and neymar desu

>Hamez
Players who don't make the semi final are never candidates for winning the Golden Ball. Look at the previous voting result.

>Muller
Without Muller Germany still had the best team at the tournament, without Messi Argentina would be going home after the group stages.

>he's been playing the same role

No he hasnt you dumb Amerifat. He's not in a false 9 role as he was with Pep because he has Suarez in front.

>tf

>tt

Messi carried his team in the group stages. Wasn't really important anytime in the KO round. Also, that Colombia v Brazil game was a horrible game to watch with the shit refereeing. They should have honestly made them play again. Colombia would've probably made the semis with a competent ref.

>without Messi Argentina would be going home after the group stages.
Yes, Messi was good against the legendary teams of Iran, Bosnia, and Nigeria. Without Messi after the group stage it wouldn't have made a difference, without Mascherano, Rojo, Romero and their tight defensive system however, they wouldn't have made it past the round of 16.

Golden Ball isn't most valuable to his team, it's best player

>Without Messi after the group stage
Without Messi there would not have been anything after the group stage. Argentina would've be an even bigger embarrassment than England.

You're not impressing anyone by being a cringeworthy faggot

>because he has Suarez in front

He also had David Villa in front, this has nothing to do with his overall function

>argentina needed defense and goalkeeper to make it to the final of the worldcup
that's an amazing and unexpected insight. I really don't know how all the other teams managed to participate without those

That's based on stats and stats alone, not actual objective analysis

>He also had David Villa in front, this has nothing to do with his overall function
You're exposing yourself as someone who started watching football last year. Villa was a left winger at Barcelona with Messi in the middle.

how anyone can say Ronaldo or Suarez have been better than Messi is beyond me

Messi was literally injured for 6-7 weeks

meanwhile Ronaldo was invisible for 7 months until he played against Wolfsburg, and Suarez is a fucking meme with a 1% shot conversion rate

in fact his slump was so fucking shit that Messi started giving him penalties, and even gave the penalty to Suarez in the Cruyff Tribute

video related,
basically the story of the season

>b-but suarez is the best!!

youtube.com/watch?v=olL9NOcCOTk

Messi didn't directly play in the middle the entire time, he played deeper than Villa

This isn't that hard except for retards like you apparently

Do you seriously think players stay in their set positions the entire game or something?

Are we pretending to be retarded again because we have no actual viable retort to what I have to say?

How? He didn't do a thing after that.

That's not the point, learn how to read, you dumb shit. After the group stage Argentina changed their style and system for a far more defensive one that allowed them to get through the KO rounds with very small margins, the defense really shone especially in the match against Switzerland and the Netherlands, where Mascherano literally tore his anus saving a shot from Robben at the end of the match.

he posts in Sup Forums

Villa was a winger, Suarez is a centre forward.

Messi plays a different role now than he did in 2010-2014.

Ronaldo has been battling through injuries as well, he's just not as much of a pussy I guess.

>Ronaldo was invisible for 7 months

Nice meme

>How?
By crashing out in the group stage with Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.

Villa moved centrally from a wide role

Is this really that hard to comprehend?

Am I the one needing to teach you about your own third world sport?

How the fuck could you even say that, messi is still top 10 even top 5 but he was nowhere near the best this year. Suarez and Neymar carries barca when he was out and imo played better. They don't even need messi. Suarez was clearly the best this year

>moving centrally from a wide role is the same as playing centre forward
just fuck off

What I mean is, he was good against weak opposition in the first 3 games of the group stage, yes, but how is he deserving of the Golden Ball when he didn't do a thing against the tougher opposition in the last 4 games?

whoa, mascherano saved a shot from robben? a defensive player working in defense? man, that argentina manager was a revolutionary. And he probably made his team do other crazy things, like having the goalkeeper stopping shots from the rival team, incredible

I'm learning a lot from your posts, thank you lad