Hey this is actually pretty good. not cringe at all

hey this is actually pretty good. not cringe at all

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/music/visions/grimes/critic-reviews
twitter.com/AnonBabble

great thread op

>mfw I still love this album

why the fuck wouldnt it be? it's only the most game changing indie classic of the decade.

The arrogance of Grimesfags.

kek?

not as pretty good and noncringe as Art Angels

Visions is objectively better.

kek

In what way?

Every way. That's why I used the word objective.

except production, vocals and songwriting

Hey this is kinda cringeworthy. I don't think it's good at all.

Yeah. Kinda one of the biggest kept secrets on /mu right now is the fact that neither the popularity of Grimes or her music is actually a meme. It's actually very good - just not necessarily suited to everyone's subjective tastes.

80% of the Grimes haters on this board just pretend to hate her because it;s easy to piss of Grimes waifufags.

Your entire life is a fucking meme you clown

Explain what game this has changed I'm genuinely curious

That album is in my top 10.

your mom is a meme :^)

Shut up dumb grimesposter

Dont you have a bathtub you should be slitting your wrists in

Reminder that "Be A Body" is her only great song.

???

definitely thought this was going to be a shrinker when it first came out. but turns out it was actually a grower and now it is one of my all time favorites

before grimes mu shit on people other than grimes, whereas now they shit on grimes

Lethe is the best thing she has ever made.

how can people post shit like this and then act surprised that grimes has a negative reputation on this board?

grimesfags demonstrate a lack of self awareness that is completely unparalleled by anyone else on this board, and probably this site

>before grimes mu shit on people other than grimes
We've been shitting on grimes for a long time

No one really took visions seriously as an AOTY contender when it came out, the general consensus was that it was pretty bad

u sure m8

Perhaps. If so, all I can say is that it's been an awesome ride so far.

>the general consensus was that it was pretty bad

no it wasn't
metacritic.com/music/visions/grimes/critic-reviews

Aside from being one of the most monumental "post-Internet" releases in any genre, Visions is the sound of a young web-addled person who continued believing in herself long enough to become free. “Modern” is the only word for it, an intensely nuanced master-work of pop collage, pegging down bubblegum synth-pop and 90s R&B and K-pop and metallic IDM with Boucher's distinctive falsetto. The Internet can be a kind of prison—with its subliminal trappings of tabs and streams and data-mining likes and tweets—but Grimes' ability to morph the endless nature of web culture into something that is pointed and pleasurable gives me hope.

> metacritic
He's talking about Sup Forums you mongoloid. Jesus christ you grimes fans are so stupid.

>“Modern” is the only word for it
What about "bad"

"Bad" seems like a pretty good word too

>how can people post
Person. It was posted by a single person as obvious b8 - bait which you seem to be falling for.

It takes two idiots to have a stupid fight - don't be the other idiot, user.

>post-Internet
Does that mean my obscure DSBM album that I made when I was 14 that is floating around somewhere on Korean torrent sites is considered post-internet?

If so, I think mine is more monumental than Grimes'.

Yes absolutley

It also means that PAINS art I made on my phone in high school is actually a postmodern masterpiece, and in a likelihood better than grimes

no he wasn't

Yes I was

Nobody here thought it was good

that's not me...

lets see you do better you monumentally stupid numale hipster

Blow me faggot

Hey this is actually pretty cringe. not good at all
Grimes voice sounds like Carly Rae Jepsen inhaled an entire tank of helium

Lol why are grimescucks calling me a numale

Keep gargling her tumblr aesthetic memefeminism balls turbopleb

Lol if only you two dolts had kept track of the artistic pinnacles of your lives (which in both cases seem to have dated back to your high school days...) I'm sure you'd be living it up like Wagner and Picasso right now.

this is the only relevant pop album of the 2010s

>Visions is the sound of a young web-addled person who continued believing in herself long enough to become free

that doesnt prove shit

> being so desperate to defend your waifu that you resort to middle-school tier lying

You seriously just need to tie that knot and kick the chair already, user. Get that squared away.

What could possibly be considered "cringe" about this album?

Besides this faggot.

Well if grimes is the most influential pop music act of the past 10 years then yeah im fucking Picasso

It's time to accept defeat, grimeyfag.

don't you know? "cringe" is the new "fedora" which used to be the new "hipster"

Just what we needed. Another grimes general. Well done, OP. You're always fucking things up.

fuck off

exactly what a numale hipster would say.

everybody did try to copy this album

shouldn't you be off listening to jim o'rourke

This

>xactly what a numale hipster would say.
I fail to see how
Shouldnt you be off listening to good kid maad city

nearly all grimesfags post shit like that all the time. you have no idea what that user's intentions were, but given the track record of the fanbase, it's a much safer bet to guess that they were being serious.

did you even see the thread earlier today? some assholes were trying to say that for hours until it hit bump limit.

I think banning all grimes threads is the only option at this point

Nothing of value would be lost

agreed

A) You're talking to one of the biggest unrepentant Grimes fans on the Internet.
B.) Bait is bait. And stupid bait is especially appealing to stupid people. Don't be a stupid person, user. Rise above it and move on.

we had an epic war thread on this subject yesterday. almost 400 posts- not a grimes general- and only about 10 of them were made by me, the OP.

you will find many perspectives on why it was an album that changed the game- also art angels. look for "visions" or "art angels" in the archive.

>banning music discussion because you are too stupid to work a filter

you're worse than the mod that deletes the threads for no reason, but does jack shit when we report waifufaggotry/off topic posts/shitposts trying to start a flamewar

>no good scottsman would fall for this
give it a rest. you have no more proof than i do, but at least i have history on my side

>you will find many perspectives on why it was an album that changed the game
And all of them are completley retarded and delusional

Jesus fucking christ dude end your life already

Fucking waste of oxygen

>music discussion
You spam images and talk about irrelevant drama or fetishes. Adding a picture to your posts does not qualify it as "music discussion". Fuck off to or preferably

> he doesn't want grimes threads, therefore he doesn't know how to work a filter
Shouldn't you be over in the general, fapping to your goblin wifey, user?

who's bad?

boucher, motherfucker. shut your mouth.

>it's a much safer bet to guess that they were being serious.

grimesfag here. we're a lot more self aware than you think we are.

>spam images
most grimes threads get less than 100 images per 320 posts in an average thread.
>irrelevant drama
it does get tiresome when anons keep posting about the shit, but it is talking about the artist in an on topic way, it DOES relate to her art
>fetishes
i report shit but the janitors and mods don't do their fucking job.

we've had more discussion on the technical aspects of Grimes' music than any other general has even bothered to touch anything remotely intellectual regarding music.

you can kys, memeposter.

Yeah shes bad as in shes fucking garbage

Get the fuck off of this board you plebian reddit posting piece of fucking trash
>we've had more discussion on the technical aspects of Grimes' music than any other general has even bothered to touch anything remotely intellectual regarding music
NO YOU HAVE NOT

YOU HAVE DELUSIONAL CONVERSATIONS IN WHICH YOU OVERVALUE HER MUSIC TO LEVELS THAT ARE LITERALLY DIZZYING

YOU ARE DISGUSTING

you all need to be purged like vermin

>grimesfag here. we're a lot more self aware than you think we are.
okay

wow I'm sorry that genuine objective discussion of an indie electronic producer's music has you in such a tizzy.

please no, let me post another anthony fantano thread. Or better yet another "LE DETH GRIPZ CUM IN DA FUCK XD SO FANNY" thread. Let me spam memes and create an endless tide of shitposting to contribute to this board being almost as bad as Sup Forums

For fucks sake, use the fucking filter. It's not that hard.

Or don't rise above it. If you enjoy making yourself look like just another idiot by openly arguing with idiots, far be it from me to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Just know that it tends to be embarrassing for those of us with brains to watch play out.

> tries to compare his goblin waifu fanbase to another autistic meme fanbase to claim superiority

End your life now.

>genuine objective discussion
wow thats a good fucking joke, no seriously thats a good joke

you guys are objective towards grimes' music in the same way that john hinkley was objective towards jodi foster
>let me post another anthony fantano thread
fantano is a good critic and a nice dude. death grips literally did nothing wrong. Grimes is a trash artist with trash music and in case you missed the memo, Sup Forums is a pretty pretentious place and plebian bullshit like grimes doesnt belong here.

For fucks sake, go back to fucking /r/grimes, its not that fucking hard

why does Sup Forums hate literally anything that is good and popular?

I'll give you one fucking guess. What wears flannel, thick rimmed glasses and is native to the pacific north west?

>why does Sup Forums hate literally anything that is good
Let me stop you right there friendé

Grimes is NOOOOOOT good

Everybody with taste disagrees.

> muh poptimism
> muh christgau
> muh waifu
> muh """"talented producer""""
> muh fashion
> muh post-internet aesthetic

>/mu: The Cringe Post

>Accidentally describing yourself while trying to make fun of other people...

What?

Exactly.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

>grimes: cringe, personified

Grimes is cute! :3

die already

>how;neck,soft

>by openly arguing with idiots
the only person who i'm arguing with is you. also, the fact that you're resorting to ad hominem only proves that you have no way to refute what i'm saying

>those of us with brains
>Everybody with taste

why are grimes fans so hateable?

You must be a real fan.

>why are grimes fans so hateable?
They're extremely emotionally secure in their music preferences and aren't afraid to show it. It makes the less emotionally secure Anons amongst us feel jealous - which is where all the supposed "hating" comes in.

>you're just jealous that i obsess over boring pop music
okay

Easy buddy, it's good, but not game changing