Pol approved Mp3 players?

Sup Forums*

flac*

> mp3 players
> mp3's, ever
> Sup Forums
Get out of my board.

appreciated*

I think the FiiO X1 or whatever was Sup Forums approved? I have one and I love it get that thicc micro SD tho

Don't forget to play some Sup Forums approved albums!

is there a limit on what size SD card you can use on the X1?

Just use your phone nerd.

Zune HD. Fuck you. It's the best.

I think you can have up to 120 gigabytes or something around there

160GB iPod Classic will forever be the best mp3 player

>iTunes
no thanks.

pono like a baller

wtf did this thread get moved?

There is a foobar extension for ipod

>using old phone because current phone a shit that doesn't have expandable memory
>tfw old phone broke
I still don't know why the Galaxy S6 didn't have a fucking micro SD slot

I have an iPod Generation 6 and honestly the sound quality on it is pretty good. Much better than any other music player I've heard from say Sandisk or any fucking Cellphone

that was really catchy aint gonna lie

Sansa Clip +. Put Rockbox on it. Leave this board forever.

>hard drives
>160GB

just get a fucking Fiio and put a couple 128gb micro SDs in it.

>I still don't know why the Galaxy S6 didn't have a fucking micro SD slot
>literally bought the only generation that didn't have
You are a total fucking idiot, my man.

Most media players have iPod plugins, currently using ml_iPod for winamp and it's fine

The Fiio mp3 players are so ugly though, I still maintain there hasn't been a better mp3 player than the 160 GB Classic

I'm still under a family plan and wasn't even there when they picked up the phone, sorry I failed you user

>my board
Nice

or zip for album art/bigger screen. too bad their both discontinued and new ones cant be rockboxed

Do micro SD cards stick out of the Sansa players a lot? I really wouldn't want it to get fucked.

Besides that, are there any old phone models I could get for cheap and just download Poweramp unto?

Is the new Sansa Clip with the shitty color screen any good? My Clip+ broke (headphone jack is all wonky), and they seem to be phasing it out in favor of the "Sport" model. The regular Clip is like $159 in my country now :( Clip Sport is $50

Anything but Clip+ and Clip Zip is shit. They changed the parts.

If you have any electronics experience you might be able to solder a new jack on. Haven't used the newer ones but heard they are trash. Plus no Rockbox, which is a deal breaker for me.

nice double dubs yo. but you are objectively wrong, there are more reliable mp3 players out there with higher storage capacity including the flexibility of removable storage with more powerful op amps and better DACs. the Classic IPOD is a pioneer on par with the walkman but there are *objectively* superior DAPs out there.

shit i forgot to mention more expansive codec support. Ipod classic cant FLAC bro.

>flac on a pmp
100% placebo. Unless your pmp is reading straight from the vinyl, you may as well be listening to mp3s.

lossless vs lossy is measurable, whether you you can hear the difference or not is up for debate but its definitely 100% real and with a combined storage of 256gb there is no real downside to the larger file size of FLAC you have very little to lose and everything to gain. for example if a superior compression codec comes out some day your flac will be a lossless 100% complete copy whereas re-encoding an mp3 just compounds the losses, like an image with too much jpeg.

for the sake of argument we will ignore codec support for this quick breakdown.

IPOD
>160 gigs
>inherently unreliable storage method
>100% reliant on the used market
>forced to use Itunes

FIIO
>maximum storage of 256 gigs
>storage removable and interchangeable
>still produced
>measurably superior audio chain

enough with the rose colored glasses folks.

>and with a combined storage of 256gb there is no real downside to the larger file size of FLAC you have very little to lose and everything to gain
You sound like my fourteen year old friend "you'll never fill up 80gb, don't get the 256gb it's just a waste of money"

on the contrary im saying its very easy to fill a lot of space with FLAC but who gives a shit because the storage is huge, removable, and relatively cheap

Are you arguing that buying additional SD cards is somehow better than transcoding to mp3 on fly?
I can't afford that with my minimum wage, let's be realistic here for a moment

yes i am arguing that. storage is cheaper than it has ever been, not everyone is on minimum wage and the world isn't going to cater to you because you are.

but we are getting off topic. irrespective of codec support IPOD classic is still an inferior product.

bought the HTC purely because it had the removable SD. the solid aluminum body and really nice audio was just a bonus. the bitch ass camera glass randomly broke though, seems to be a common issue.

If you don't own a FiiO, you're a worthless piece of shit. This is an objective fact.

laptop

So which model of FiiO is recommended? After 8 years, I'm tired of being fucked over by Apple.

Apple's line out is always top notch, not shit counterfeit material and the software doesn't add weird equalizers etc on the music