youtube.com/watch?v=OZptOs8Gu9k
youtube.com/watch?v=cWHrnMgE4L4
youtube.com/watch?v=mYi-tyHHqzU
youtube.com/watch?v=vQNLEhVAXSg
youtube.com/watch?v=rg46SEBi4Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=KaBrDKAZqDI
youtube.com/watch?v=_XOa8eaTZuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The greatest what of all time? Rapper? No. Artist? No. Person? No.

"no"

He's got some good shit but hes got a lot of trash too. Too much to consider him GOAT.

Every big fan of his that I know, is also white trash.

This is a joke right?

ONE

MAN

>this thread
damn.......

From Infinite all the way to TES he was flawless, and a strong contender for actual GOAT status. But since then he has put out so much awful shit, that I can't seriously consider him as the GOAT.

in terms of straight up raping maybe but in terms of music no.
I love Eminem's music but he has also put out tons of crap.

hes never made an album over a 4/10

The Marshall Mathers LP is pretty fucking good.

Everything else is hit or miss though. Eminem is like the white Lil' Wayne in that you either love him or absolutely detest him.

Yes.

Too much filler/skit shit and or lame ballads / self pity on all of his albums

SSLP? TES?

part of me wishes Suge Knight had killed Em as soon as he completed TES, then he would have been

hes never made a good album
theyre all somewhere between mediocre and absolute shit

Jump in front of a moving train. Not even a Stan but give credit where it's due.

Only got really famous because suburban moms were afraid to let their kids listen to albums made by black people. He's decent, but really doesn't deserve to be listed among the greatest rappers of all time. Maybe among the greatest white rappers, but if you include producers he probably wouldn't make a list of the greatest white hip hop artists of all time.

>assimilates nigger culture
>somehow makes it worse

He's a pretty good producer imo

What the fuck kind of post is this? "he's decent" and then that's it? Decent how?? How does he position himself in the middle ground of the rap scene? What makes you say that?

Greatest at making that face?

No, Peter Steele was better at it

Rapper yes

To people that don't listen to rap yes.
To people that actually listen to rap no.

Lmao

I listen exclusively to rap and Eminem is an insanly good rhymer and poet. People Here don't like him because he's white, if he was black he would have been Sup Forums core. All of these faggots listen to too much Kanye and Death Grips to know what actual rapping is. And yes his fanbase might be bad because of him being white and gathering a much larger audience. And yes he has made some very bad albums but that should not ''remove'' His status as a good rapper. For me he is absolutely up in the top 3. Most people here are too young to have experienced eminem at his peak years anyways.

Eminem>Cage>Nas>BTNH>MMG>JayZ>>Lil Wayne>Drake>Everyone else

You guys clearly haven't heard Rap God lmfao

I did not like Rap God so much, prefer the SSLP and MMLP tracks. In rap god the speed sounds forced and as if hes trying to make a statement.

Listened to this album all the way through for the first time in years. Turns out it's always been generic, trash-y pop rap on the same level of Recovery.

Square Dance tho

maybe the worst?

this. Eminem is dead after MMLP

>Rap God
>Good
You mean the shitty cash grab that has garbage lyrics and garbage flow?

TES does have some standouts though. Til I Collapse was a banger before bangers really started existing in hip-hop, and Without Me is a very solid pop rap track.

>a banger before bangers really started existing in hip-hop
what the fuck does that even mean

Very big one hit singles, that the general public also likes.

are you really that sheltered that you think those started with eminem?

I'm the guy that posted the originally comment. That's not what a banger is, and you're both retarded.

just because you always heard m&m in your hockey montage videos cletus doesn't mean there weren't massive hip hop songs for two decades prior

Can you not fucking read, dipshit? That's not what a banger is, that other guy was wrong. To spell it out for you, a banger is a song like Backseat Freestyle or Freestyle 6.

freestyle 4

wasn't he blond

I'm not sure this is an "objectively" (as objective as you can be when talking about music, that is) correct answer, but it's one I can get behind.

Surprised no one said Andre yet. Guy's got it all, great flows, great lyrics, great rhymes.

please stick to kendrick and eminem if you think the concept and sound of 'bangers' dropped out of the sky in 2003 as if backseat freestyle isn't inspired by countless 90's rappers

You're clearly a Stan. Or a shill, em needs as much attention on his garbage music he probably does shill

Eminem is not good. He is also massively overrated. All of his best work is as a featured artist. (Patiently Waiting, What's the Difference, Forgot About Dre)

Is this pasta?

one of the greatest based purely on his rap ability and his peak on his prime back on the 1998~2003 days.

top 10 / top 5

he mastered that shock value thing on rap and hes achieved the mainstreanm stages only by his rap battles, hes great, but fell off cause hes now a sellout.

Exactly this, and nothing else.

his pop rap formula and bigger sales clearly irritates rap critics today, but if he wanted he could do an comeback but its hard to change his lyrics, he explored everything about drugs usage, family problems, personal issues like depression, racial prejudice... atleast you could say hes influential today

rappers like Kendrick Lamar and Tyler, The creator are clearly influenced by his early prime.

youtube.com/watch?v=HjZanW67w24&list=RDHjZanW67w24

This, if you ask the oldest rappers in the game and not a bunch of butthurt 17 year olds they'll tell you he was one the greatestimate rappers tp enter the game. People just can't handle that a white person is better at something blacks created

>songs like Backseat Freestyle didn't exist before Eminem

woooooow just when I think people on Sup Forums can't be any dumber

Was there ever a chance of this happening?

>2016
>using Stan

Neck yourselves

Most of us were jaded by Dre's marketing machine with this guy, for a few years everything he shitted out was considered gold.

But once mainstream hip-hop began to reach it's death, it became apparent he wasn't that great at all and had nothing new to contribute to the art.

Even "Rap God" was forgettable dog shit.

Also, his battles with Benzino and Ja Rule really showed us how powerful a player Dre was in the music industry, the diss songs weren't even that great and Benzino was far from the "worst rapper ever" the 'fans' made him out to be.

Cleanin Out My Closet, White America, Sing For the Moment and 'Till I Collapse are not great?

That's the most untrue statement in this thread, eminem has more variety in his music then pretty much everybody who's been around as long as him. Who do you think is a better rapper? Find me a better diss song then this youtube.com/watch?v=XW27N-Ks7W8

Considering he is the most popular/famous rapper of all time, he is very overrated. But he is actually very good.

He's the best white person to ever rap, and in the top 10 for rappers in general, not ovverrated at all...

>He's the best white person to ever rap

You're fucking dumb, eminem has 10x better flow and lyrics, and beats. not to mention I had to google search just to figure out who this retard is

>best white rapper

Hello?

No he is shit meme tier rapper

Hip-hop story depends on Eminem son.
Yes they work on the character construction marketing, its a Aftermath thing. The same Kendrick record label.

Eminem have this Slim Shady persona
and Kendrick have this social conscious thing, its good for business
El-P is not even better than Killer Mike.

Prime Eminem was a beast.

>Posts mediocre rappers to try and seem cool

Sup Forums in a nutshell. None of them would have existed without eminem, just end you life.

el-p literally did exist before interscope's mr mommy issues plant started growing

garbage like encore sold 21 million he's overrated in the last decade

El-P literally did exist before Eminem.

>not to mention I had to google search just to figure out who this retard is

typical Eminem stan, calls Em the greatest but doesn't even know the names of the giants who's shoulders he's standing on are.

that is wild

"Though I'm not the first king of controversy
I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley, to do Black Music so selfishly
and use it to get myself wealthy"

Encore had some of his greatest hits, mockingbird, mosh, like toy soldiers, yellow brick road. Give me a better album made my a white person, I'll wait.
>EL-P
>Giant
What's a good album by EL-P and the best songs on it? I haven't heard of him because he's bad or mediocre at best

Fantastic Damage, Cancer 4 Cure

Eminem is an off-brand El-P at best, stop stanning

>solo albums by El-P that are god-tier

I'll Sleep When You're Dead
Cancer 4 Cure

>albums El-P produced in full for other rappers that are god-tier

Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music

>collaborative albums he did that you should check out

Run The Jewels 1 and 2 (with Killer Mike)
Little Johnny From The Hospitul (instrumental)

there's a lot more but those should get you started

also here's one of my favorite songs by him:

youtube.com/watch?v=OZptOs8Gu9k

unlike Eminem, he doesn't depend on other people for production/beats. he makes all his stuff himself.

Him and eminem are day and night I feel embarassed you're even trying to compare them. The song you linked is mediocre garbage at it's finest. Nothing he's ever done is god tier or I would have heard of it by now.

>mockingbird, mosh, like toy soldiers, yellow brick road.
this is some corny ass emotional 12 year old shit

how long have you been listening to hip-hop?

El-P is one of the most respected artists in the genre (by fans of the genre).

Em is super overrated, some of his early stuff (1999 to 2005ish) is good but even his classic albums are kind of monotonous

And now he's garbage, that song Rap God is pure cringe

you just heard about it from the guy you are replying to you fucking retarded man child

but he's not doing it better

I'm pretty sure that's not what banger means

Let me rap really fast and suck myself off, that will be my big comeback!

Since 2005, If you want good white rappers you could have said Lil wyte, bronson, yelawolf, vinnie paz. When's the last time you listeend to a fucking EL-P album and enjoyed it?youtube.com/watch?v=cWHrnMgE4L4

>yelawolf

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL opinion completely fucking discarded

He's a better lyricist and flows better than ELP, he's only sucking his dick because he's been around since the 90's even though his entire discorgaphy is trash. Compare infinite to any of his albums, it's not even a conteset.

yelawolf was surprisingly not kid rock tier awful once upon a time until eminem got to him and like everything he touches turned to utter trash

eveil deeds, puke, never enough, rain man, let me guess your the type who listens to young thug?

Do rap stations ever play Eminem? The only white rapper I've heard get any airplay on a hip hop station is Post Malone

i cringed hard

youtube.com/watch?v=mYi-tyHHqzU
ez, best diss song there is

That hook is weak and you can't make a diss track when your balls havne't dropped yet youtube.com/watch?v=vQNLEhVAXSg

>you can't make a diss track when your balls havne't dropped yet
>posts Eric "balls deep in whites" Wright
lmao get out
youtube.com/watch?v=rg46SEBi4Zc

Your taste in rap makes me want to kill myself

Lack of taste shouldn't make you want to kill yourself bubba, get that shit checked out asap
youtube.com/watch?v=KaBrDKAZqDI

Yeah, I was severely disappounted listening again

he actually tried to have Em killed at the BET Awards after MMLP came out and I think one time after that

>Eminem is an off-brand El-P at best
even someone who hates Eminem but actually knows hip-hop knows this is a retarded opinion

best wite rappa coming thru

youtube.com/watch?v=_XOa8eaTZuo