What's the best and worst concert you've ever been to?

What's the best and worst concert you've ever been to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s8cr76wC3j4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too many shit bands, I went to an AC/DC concert once, sounded like a Merzbow album

Salem was simultaneously the best and worst.

I saw AC/DC with Axl singing and it was way better than expected

Best was either QotSA or Swans
Worst was Disturbed

Best: Skinny Puppy

Worst: band called Amen (ex members of Snot) Lead singer was drunk off his ass and tried to pump up the crowd climbed a speaker stack. Fell. That was the end of their set.

youtube.com/watch?v=s8cr76wC3j4

>best
against me

>worst
brand new

it's sad how she ruined her voice

Best was either NMH or Radiohead (inb4 Sup Forums drone)
Worst I'm not quite sure. Most shows I've seen have at least been decent. Maybe Brian Wilson because he was in alarming shape, but even then the band made up for it.

i saw both of them in vancouver and they were both lit

Wasn't a full concert
But young thug at fyf fest may have been the worst big name performance I have seen

>young thug
>worst

you're surprised...

Not sure about the best, but I can easily name the worst. I was dragged by my buddy to see Blur at Madison Square Garden recently. Being up close to the front of the crowd was the funniest thing. There were only like 400 - 600 people there (MSG is 20,000+ capacity). Several people up front were trashing them, calling them cunts and cursing them out. One guy showed up with "Blur: are shite" shirts and tried to fight security members to get on stage and heckle the band.

As far as their set goes, the band came on late and played mainly songs from Parklife (the only Blur album I've ever heard). The singer sounded like he was a constipated 80 year old, the guitar was all out of tune and I couldn't even hear the bass. None of the band members seemed to be enjoying themselves and they repeatedly made mistakes. The only songs I recognized were Song 2, Girls and Boys, and Parklife, all of which were butchered miserably. The rest of the songs were very boring and sounded the same. The sound was far too quiet for the gig and most people around us began having a conversation. A lot of the crowd left after Parklife and even more so after Song 2, it seemed like there were probably less than 100 hardcore fans in an audience. The show closer was an anti-climax and singer walked off the second the show was done and the rest of the band shortly followed suit, no acknowledgement of the fans, whatsoever.

i saw ween with sonic youth and the flaming lips a long time ago (10 years probably) at the ny state fair.

ween came on and played like 25 minutes of noise while they screamed into the mic. not an exaggeration. i would consider it the worst show i've ever seen from a famous band.

bro story cool

>still forcing this tired ass meme
>2016

>HHAHAHA NOISE IS OBJECTIVELY BAD COS Sup Forums TOLD ME IS BAD!!11

Beach House in new orleans. Wasn't their fault, the crowd was mostly 14 year old girls and their boyfriends. I left early after people kept pushing me and telling me to get out of their way. It was a completely packed show so whenever someone pushed me, I got knocked into someone else, who pushed me back, and I would end up bumping into the guy that pushed me, resulting in angry screaming.

I hate new orleans.

>best
NIN

>Worst
Love And Rockets

The sound was just so god awful. The bass was a muddy mess and the guitar had so much treble and feedback that most of the crowd was covering their ears or even listening to their iPods. On top of that it felt like the band kept missing beats or losing their place in the songs and a couple times they'd just stop mid song, take a minute to talk to each other, then start the next.
Seriously the guitar just sounded like nails on a chalkboard

>LEL DADROCK. MUH NOOTRUL MILK HOTEL

Best: Primus at FPSF

Worst: Florida Georgia Line at the rodeo

are you me?

I'd rather have aids than ever attend a FGL concert

I saw ween towards the end of their career and it was a mess.
Supposedly Gene had gone sober buy as the show went on it got increasingly obvious that he was shitfaced, and after forgetting the words to a lot of the songs he just laid down on stage and Dean walked off for a bit. He must have sobered up a little though because Dean came back and they finished off the show pretty well.

I saw Love and Rockets. They weren't particularly good when I saw them either.

>LEL DADROCK AMIRITE

shave your neckbeard tj

>best show
Boris at Marquis Theater (Denver)

the sound was great even though I don't like the venue much.

>worst show
Raekwon at summit music all (also Denver)

the sound was awful, honestly it's my least favorite venue here and the sound was awful, the opening acts were terrible. the show featured some local acts and Denver doesn't exactly have a budding hi hop scene.

KGATLW was both the music was incredible and the venue was comfy but I had to buy a fake ID and spend $300 just to get taken home early. I met a cool wizard named j boogie and we cast a love spell together and he gave me half a j but it didn't slow my roll down (I took half a g enough to kill myself) and asked for his number later but he brushed me off. Probably groped a lot of people unwittingly and the whole concert felt like 10 minutes. Can't remember a lot of it. Stu's gf is hot as fuck and I got to talk to Eric.

>Best
NiN actually.

>Worst
Stone Temple Pilots
Wasn't that bad, but Weiland (RIP) was so sloshed and gone he kept forgetting the lyrics.

I'd kill to go again. If flightless reads this COME BACK TO NEW ORLEANS I WANNA TAKE A CAMERA AND ENJOY SOBER

STP is good but a little overrated....thought Scott was WAY better with Velvet Revolver

Dude Trent knows how to put on a good fucking show

>Best
Darkside. They have an incredible live sound, very spontaneous, songs are dragged out, modified, and improvised on far more than they are on the album. Plus it was their last show before going on hiatus and at a really cool venue, the Brooklyn Masonic Temple.

>Worst
Macklemore. Didn't see him by choice, he played at my college freshman year. Tried to pump up the crowd by talking about new york (where the school is) and making gushy comments about love and peace etc. Thought he was a douche.

>Worst Macklemore. Didn't see him by choice, he played at my college freshman year. Tried to pump up the crowd by talking about new york (where the school is) and making gushy comments about love and peace etc. Thought he was a douche.

Who the FUCK made you go to that horseshit? If it was some girl you were trying to bang and you did then okay but nonetheless

Through a weird series of events I wound up being dragged to a Kid Rock show in Detroit and I was actually blown away.

I mean I hate his music but the sound was top notch, he had a huge stage presence, there was an insane amount of pyrotechnics, and the crowd was so into it that I couldn't help but have a great time.

>Best
Either Death Grips at the Showbox in Seattle or Rush at the Key Arena

>Worst
Jane's Addiction at Key Arena. Sat in the audience listening to Pink Floyd play over the speakers while they drank until half an hour past showtime. When they finally came out they were wasted and swigging bottles of booze onstage, and it was so loud that I couldn't hear a single note. Walked out after two songs. Only went because my girlfriend at the time wanted to. She sucks and so does Jane's Addiction.

Animal Collective for sure?

>Best
NIN

>Worst
Jackyl (The chainsaw bit was funny though)

hahahaha, you sound like a dork

>Best
U2 ZOOTV Tour - Silverbowl Las Vegas- Any one had the pleasure to attend one of those Performances knows how incredible they were.

>Worst
Tori Amos - Plugged Tour. - Because of the Venue mostly ( "The Joint" in the Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas.- Some drunk guy who obviously wasn't a fan called and talked to his daughter and pretty much yelled into his phone during most of the performance. - was the 2nd of 3 Tori tours that I attended Other 2 were very solid and enjoyable. Tori does great live performances.

who the fuck goes to see a forgotten 80's new wave band like Love and Rockets

nigga you old af

no, STP and Scott is life

youtube.com/watch?v=CUrk1lrGNp8

I wasn't even a fan of NIN when I saw them. Fucking incredible.

Worst concert: Evanescence

Best concert: either Leonard Cohen or GWAR

The best would probably either be Portishead in 2011, or, honestly, Dead & Company this year. Worst would be either Artis the Spoonman in 1997 (I was three) or Animal Collective this year, just because I was too depressed to leave the house and missed the show and will always have to live with the fact that I could have seen Alvin Row live but never will.

Worst: Seether (for a lame fucking friend)

Best: either ween, primus, faith no more.

I used to love everything Bauhaus

I am indeed. 55 years young

Why was it bad?

Yeah, I was going to say... Love and Rockets is about as close to seeing bauhaus as many will ever get

>Best
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
My Bloody Valentine

>Worst
La Dispute/Title Fight (I'm sure it was fine for people who are fans, don't mind contact with strangers, and have a high tolerance for douchebags)

>Best
Probably Godspeed You! Black Emperor or Swans.

>Worst
Borgore (I went with a girl. Took mdma which didn't work so I had to see it essentially sober as well)

The crowd at a evanescence concert must be hilariously cringey

most of the best shows i go to are very small and local but the biggest shows that really moved me to tears was Rush, Opeth and Nightwish, despite rush not playing la villa strangiato (my fave song). The worst? Not sure. The third time I saw Rob zombie he was drunk as shit and I couldn't hear anything he was saying. I only saw Metallica once and it was surprisingly boring

Funny thing though Ive also seen Bauhaus live and they fucking killed it, so I don't know how removing Pete from the equation fucked it up so bad

well, let me count the ways.

>shit band to begin with (went because my gf at the time loves them)
>bad sound. could barely hear anything except drum and bass
>lots of obnoxious teenagers in the audience
>the guitarist tried to pull a trick where he swung his guitar around his neck, but the strap came off (okay, that was kind of funny)
>Even though they were headlining they only played like 45 minutes
>tried to do a michael jackson cover but butchered it
>immediately after the show, they hoped in their van and hauled ass out of town
>chatting with the opening band (Cold) after the show, they bitched about how Evanescence are giant assholes and this is the worst tour they've ever been on because of it

Really? i really enjoyed the concert I went to, sounded great
it is though, lots of fatty goths singing along. On one of the piano solo songs she straight up said "I kinda want to sing this one myself alright guys?" was really funny, but I totally saw where she was coming from

Best: Paul McCartney

Worst: tie between grimes and a perfect circle

Damn, why Seether?

>Best
Die Antwoord. Not even kidding. Hilariously awesome show.

>Worst
METZ. They were opening for Cloud Nothings, so this is kind of cheating, but holy fuck were they terrible

>a perfect circle

shit, really? I've never read a bad review about Maynard

:(
The time I saw METZ they were great, what was bad about it?

>Rush

come here you

> best

karp's last show

>worst

Wango tango 2012

Lolla 11
Watch for yourself, it was awful

They were amazing in their prime tho... Actually Maynard sucks live in general now, rather disappointing

Not him but I've seen Tool twice and both times Maynard just stood in the back corner of the stage and faced away from the audience.

I saw The Who at Leeds in '70. It was a pretty good show.

I've never listened to any of their albums, but the music just sounded awful to me. The crowd didn't seem to mind though

I saw The Who a couple years ago and everyone was great...Ringo's son's style goes well with them

Ah alright

Saw Tool at Lollapalooza. They threw a massive drag on the crowd. Maynard had tits and large video screens with elephants and camels fucking. Thank god they stopped and all their neckbeard fans left. We all got to go down front for Prodigy. Who were awesome.

Not that user, but the other user

maynard has epilepsy, he can't stand in the lights and has to perform wearing sun glasses

I saw Pink Floyd in '67, my first time tripping on LSD

Rush was funny. You know how literally every band in existence does the "this is our last song!" then comes back for the encore of like 5 more songs? Rush was literally like "this is our last song!" then the tv screens were like "yea that was the last song, get out of here, have a good night" with some animated character. Ill always remember that lol. Ill see them again someday soon I imagine

Yeah, I saw Tool at Ozzfest a few years ago and about a year after that, I saw a Tool cover band playing in some dive bar.

The cover band was a better live act

hasnt he always done that though?

Goto bed dad

>best
R.E.M.
>worst
Children of Bodom probably

Why does one of you youngsters feel compelled to say something like this every-time a poster makes it known they are over 40?

I liked how Geddy Lee would say we got quite a few hundred thousand songs for you tonight or something

They hate their parents.

He didn't start standing in the back until after the aenima tour. There are a couple vids out there of him having a seizure on stage

That might be the case given all the "music for my depression / feels" threads that get posted around here.

yea haha. That reminds me, I got a sweet Henhouse shirt from Alex. He threw it into the crowd and my dad caught it with his face. The whole show was a birthday present. Definitely one of the most fun big shows I got to go to.

Becuase this website was exclusively made by and used by teens for a good 10 years

How/when did you find this place?

Alex would probably be the most surprising to hang out with. Seems like he could go wild on the town

I saw Magma open for Sunn O))) and both of them were fucking incredible. I'd head of Magma before but never really listened to them before i saw them live. Now i fucking love them.

Yfw your parents invade Sup Forums just like they did facebook

Where will we go anons?

I agree, seems like the most outgoing of the group

>best
Travis or Maiden
>worst
BB King

well. let me tell you. I first started using the "your" internet in 1994. I downloaded tons of MP3's in 1995 from IRC channels right after the format became available. I have been on 4 chan since 2008. How did i find this website. Because I have been employed in the tech industry since 1985 and i stay current with what happens on the web.

>worst BB King

>2008

Bullshit
This site was awful and full of autistic children posting duckrolls

Invade? Not the other guy but I've been here since '07 and I'm well over 40. I like finding new music too y'know.

you're not wrong. Sup Forums has never been good.

Kek what music did Sup Forums show you in 2007

Mogwai and post rock in general.

>Best
The Fiery Furnaces

>Worst AnCo