youtube.com/watch?v=tcdBQwSEFi4
youtu.be/VU9kntOj22Q
youtu.be/QCqRHouMtOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/thread

Look out, here comes my spicy opinion

Whos this chimney sweeper?

Hugh Laurie

Tom Waits. If you're into blues, just listen to his first album. If you like that, try the next two. The rest is all very experimental.

>ITT: The best Neil Young
>pic related
>/thread

Oh, and listen to Waltzing Matilda. You've probably heard it and didn't know it was him. It's the only song I've ever listened to that made me cry [spoiler]but I was very drunk at the time [/spoiler]

How blue can you get made me shed a single tear

But only because bb kings delivery of " now you wanna give em back" was so aestetically pleasing

There's worse ones to shed a tear to. Blues is underappreciated these days, I find it hard to find any other genres that deliver the sheer emotional impact, and the lyrics tend to be very well thought out.

It also helps that the blues as a genre is completely okay with covers appearing o. Lps, so everyone knows what songs are good and which are trash so only well written songs get performed

How blue can you get live at the regal is my favorite blues performance. Favorite song is evil tho

I don't think the lyrics were deliberated that much.

U underestimate the mental fortitude of nigggers

>mfw best bluesman was a white guy imitating black bluesman

Von Ronk's lispy, sloppy voice sucks.

And I know no one can sing the blues...

youtube.com/watch?v=oxTygifcL_o

You're out of your mind.

There are many words I would use to describe his voice, but neither of those are one of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=tcdBQwSEFi4

Dude had a power to his voice that I've never heard anywhere else. Those growls are so fucking fierce.

Sleepy John

youtu.be/VU9kntOj22Q

Clifford Gibson

youtu.be/QCqRHouMtOI

Where should i start in his discog?

If you don't mind listening to scratchy old 78s, get the first volume of the Document Records "Complete Recorded Works." Had most of his good early sides with Yank Rachell on mandolin and Hammie Nixon on harmonica.

Alan Blind Owl Wilson
Skip James
Tommy Johnson

Holy fucking shit. Look at the size of that guys hands and fingers.

>mfw
good choices

Johnny Winter