Is this quite possible the most depressing album ever created? Why is it so sad

Is this quite possible the most depressing album ever created? Why is it so sad

Probably because it wasn't intentionally sad. Nick was just in such a bad state of mind at the time that it leaked into his music.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

this
"depressing" music is usually just melodramatic bullshit that has nothing to do with actual depression or sadness
here the music isn't actually intentionally sad but there is an overarching melancholy, both from the state of mind of the creator and the subtle nuances of the performance

Huh, I've never listened to this album and I always thought it was supposed to be sad, that's really interesting

You aren't very empathetic are you?

I don't see this album as sad. just a comfy listen

pic related is sad

why do you ask
what is sad about this, it's chill af

rape

That albums terrifying from what I've heard, how is it depressing?

The most depressing thing about this album is how fucking expensive it is to snag a vinyl copy of

You attempt to deconstruct and negate emotional music in accordance with your own egotism, possibly just for the sake of doing so.

rape

Is being raped depressing, or terrifying? i don't mean after the fact.

Yeah, I want to listen to it for the first time on vinyl, something about listening to it on Spotify seems wrong

Good luck searching for it. I found a copy once that wasn't over £100 and it was in bad shape

Maybe its just the UK being shit as usual

>Is being raped depressing, or terrifying?
Are you trying to define rape an traumatic experience down to depressing or terrifying??????????????

I haven't experienced it so I can't understand it at all. I'm sorry the question offended you.

because the moon was pink

I felt he tried to define it pretty narrowly though which is why i asked, i really wish people didn't talk about like that.

stop being autistic. Not thinking that manipulative music is sad does not equate to that.

Manipulation is about telling you what You what you want to hear. Nobody want's to be depressed.

but isnt happy music just as manipulative emotionally, in fact, isnt all music like that?

HEY KNUCKLE-NICKS
I TELL YOU
IT'S HELPING
AND I TELL YOU
YOU'RE DOING THE RIGHT THING

that track always fucks me up

it's not even that sad tho

Sure, if you could manipulate your own emotions then music would start to feel like that.

yep

music can't be deliberately sad, because then you get shit like hospice by the antlers.