Their favorite album is a "greatest hits" compilation

>their favorite album is a "greatest hits" compilation

is that bad?

unless its sophie its bad

why is it bad?
most musicians only make a few good songs across their entire career, it makes absolute sense that their best album would be a collection of all their best songs, rather than a studio album with a couple of their best songs then some mediocre filler.

>filler
When will this meme die

By the way, I can't think of an argument so I'll just call his a meme.

when you die

damn........

really
makes
u
think

>Radiohead: Greatest hits

Was an actual album

their best album

I tend to stay away from greatest hits albums, not because I hate them but I know there is a lot of other great songs on real albums that aren't wildly known.

For example, RHCP's can't stop is considered one of their best songs but other songs on the album it came from are amazing too like Dosed and On Mercury

>letting pleb tastes curate you

>letting the admonition of rockists steer you

I'd say it's reasonable for many pre mid 60's artists.

Greatest Hits albums are fantastic

Have fun sitting through shit filler because "muh full album experience" and ignoring all genres that aren't rock

the best smiths record is hatful of hollow

>thinking corporate focus tested rereleases are superior to the artists intentions for context

>context
They're just songs m80

Not everything is pretentious 70s progshit

mfw my favorite The Cure album is three imaginary boys

>respecting the intentions of """""""artists"""""""
>not respecting yourself, the critic (the true artist)

lol

>when the artist adds original songs to the greatest hits album which are terrible
Come on eminem

One of the best albums ever made.

They work fine for pop music. Its released in a singles format. I don't often listen to say, the Pet Shop Boys, or Abba, or the Ronettes in album format because frankly, beyond the 10/10 singles there are mediocre filler tracks. This does not however, denigrate the amazing singles.

this image triggered me

>they're a rockist

sorry, I'll include a trigger warning next time

I saw this on the front page and i just wanted to say, you guys are faggots!

Yep

Soul, pop, rock and roll, blues, and pre-60s jazz are all genres that are best enjoyed in compilation format

Anyone actually arguing for greatist hits albums is retarded. It's 2016. If you don't want to listen to albums you can literally just download what songs you want.

>not exclusively listening to self-curated playlists

well shit. when my sister gets her first car, thats what I'm going to give her considering she's never listened to Radiohead before.

For the chart artists this works the best, are you gonna listen to 20 fucking albums of ZZ Top or Johnny Cash trying to sift through the trash or do you just listen to the good stuff?

I prefer Best of the First 10 years to any individual Elvis Costello ablum

and yet they're all easy 9s in their own right

This Year's Model is really the only Costello album you need to listen to tbqh

Bullshit, listen to Armed Forces and Almost Blue and say that again.

I think I'd have to say, The Best of The Beatles.

Wouldn't this technically count as a greatest hits/best of album?

Substance 1987 is probably one of the only albums of its kind that I consider an actual album instead of a compilation album.

Wings! The band the Beatles could have been.

Their albums are also based though, I don't know if New Order count.

B-sides and non-album compilations don't count, because they have a practical use.

I absolutely agree. I love New Order.

That's fair enough. Was just curious. Thanks