Do some of you guys think he was overrated ?

Do some of you guys think he was overrated ?

what have you done

No shit, bohemian rhapsody is ass don't even deny it. All queen is overhyped bullshit

Queen is definitely overrated out the ass, but most of their singles are great, and Mercury's vocal talent is undeniable. None of their albums are consistently good, but I think we'd all have a higher opinion of them if not for all the ridiculous praise they garner from twelve year old sperglords who discovered classic rock yesterday.

I don't think Freddie Mercury was/is overrated in any way; he had Dio-tier power, but Queen in general is definitely overrated.

For example, "Don't Stop Me Now" is one of the most irritating songs in history. All songs about having a good time are shit, especially in rock. I fucking hate that; it's just so hollow. Like singing about music, just fuck off.

Night At the Opera is still one of my favourite albums, there's just something fluid about it that I love. Mercury's vocals are at the top of their game.

Maybe off-topic, but I think Paul Rodgers did a great job on that first live concert DVD, Return of the Champions. I haven't heard him singing any other Queen songs besides that live show, but he nailed it and it was great to hear his voice over Brian May's guitars. They work so well together.

Freddie is not overrated at all. He's genuinely one of the best frontmen in the history of popular music.

F A T

B O T T O M E D

G I R L S

LMAO XDDD

I really hate Queen. So yes.

Overrated music, fairly rated in terms of entertainment value

Great vocalist - Great showman - Descent writer.

But come on those movie soundtracks are great!

Freddie was down with the thickness before it was cool.

>Queen II
>Sheer Heart Attack
>A Night At The Opera
>not good

i really don't like Queen but at the same time i really admire Mercury. He had real talent and undeniable charisma. And he seemed like a great person

Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.

my favorite pasta

I know it was pasta but holy shit it amazes me that some people actually think this. Like yeah Queen is a good fun band, but that's it, they were just pop, Freddie Mercury wasn't some kind of reborn messiah. How little music do you have to listen to in order to believe this? To the point where the only band you can think of to compare them to is Nirvana?

you sound like the least fun person

>was
is

I think their first two albums are consistent throughout, and the albums up to Jazz are predominantly solid. S/t I think is the best example of a consistently good Queen album.

If you ever saw them live. You would know they weren't overrated there. Freddie was a true entertainer. in all honesty the only live performer that's come close is Robbie Williams for crowd involvement and enjoyment

Some of their songs were overrated,seven seas of rhye,fat bottommed girls.

I thin some of their songs go down in legend though. Killer queen,don't stop me now,we will rock you.

I don't particularly think taylor is the best drummer,brian may the best guitarist.Freddie did carry them some way.

what set him apart from many of is contemporaries and musicians today,was that he (and the band) would write the music and perform it,often freddies noted for doing vocals on the first session (show must go on,) being an example.todays artists and writers for me have no depth to their music,and just add beats to old songs which is why we see so many sampled songs inside current dance music

There will be some that look back with nostalgia that overrate them,there will be the unappreciative,who won't understand the ecstasy Freddie brought to his audiences with the performances. For me ,on a whole,NOT overrated

Say what you will but "Night at the Opera" was very different from any other album when it first released in 1975. No other group in the US anyway were mixing Rock/Opera/Swing together on one album. It also produced 2 singles and "Bohemian Rhapsody" as far as I know as the very first music video every created.
I bought the album first as an 8-Track and I remember seeing the BR video on both the "Midnight Special" and "American Bandstand."