Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BqLVNDQGAC
youtube.com/watch?v=zf7ivQLg14E
youtu.be/2Og23DtOseE
youtu.be/VioXu6lnP6c
youtube.com/watch?v=nJY8MtA3P5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=BqLVNDQGAC

You are "obsessed" with Portlandia, to the extent that your interests go beyond errant whims and affectations.

You are proud that you like female vocalists, and have a vague notion that you are "punching up" by listening to them.

You know that 9-5 Mon-Fri is not for you, and you are drawn to out-of-the-way things and places, but still long for the stimulation modern life and society brings you.

Pitchfork published a top 50 Pacific Northwest records list you would like. It contains more instances of the phrases "dudebro" and "proto-mansplaining" than "Calvin Johnson" or "Phil Elverum," so you're safe.

I recommend you Shonen Knife - Yama no Att-Chan and Tiger Trap s/t

+mosaic wav the roots
of montreal good luck defiance ohio

youtube.com/watch?v=zf7ivQLg14E

why are they eating acid that sounds unsafe
have u heard moonblood

I heard it's really sour

if we're talking fruity acids then yea
if it's lsd acid then i'm pretty sure it should be flavorless

new rv single is dope
albums pretty alright too

what's the best venom
whats the best celtic frost

You two must have fun lives

You seem like a really normal person

do you think so
what makes you say that

try
peach cobbler - georgia peach

do you like tar babies

jazz is gud

+london, mbdtf, bowie, nmh

don't recognize much else, desu. i'll have to drop in later for more

I agree
get on that bill evans and eric dolphy

bump

this shit is NOT dying this fast - this is why i don't visit these threads much anymore

no pls

+of Montreal, Kimya Dawson
trying too hard/10
MBDTF, Kendrick, Doom/Geedorah, George Harrison, clipping, Daft Punk, TVU, NMH, Talking Heads
-Death Grips, Lil Wayne, Pitbull
welcome to Sup Forums
+Coltrane, Fleet Fxoxes, Herbie Hancock, Davis, NMH
how do I into jazz more? I only have a passing knowledge of it but I'm willing to learn.

i've been a big rock fan for a long time - last month i got into fusion (jazz with rock elements) and from there i started listening to coltrane and all that

as far as fusion, which is still my favorite kind, i'd say head hunters and electric byrd. if you've listened to that, heavy weather is a great album.

listen to the individual players and how they interact with each other
make sure you can differentiate between all the instruments, then listen for the solos
look into who played your favorite solos, then look into their other work
discogs is your friend, make a habit to open up the discogs page for whatever you're listening to
keep going forever, make a note everytime you hear some new player that impresses you
look for collaborations between guys you like too

+Blackpink
~GaIn
Kendrick, MBTDF, TVU, AA

++Joni, Frank, Anderson paak
~Blood Orange

Recs please?

Thank you for the advice! My only real exposure to jazz so far has been through Sup Forums so I think I just don't have the best vocabulary I guess to articulate what I do and don't like about what I listen to. I'll take all your suggestions to heart going forward.
+St. V,, Joni, Frank O, The Smiths, Nick Drake, Etta
Try Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think

I love the penis album

I feel like The Great Annihilator is somewhat under-appreciated

katamari soundtrack is lit. You might like the lovely planet soundtrack

I'd like to also recommend going to the other end of Fusion; less towards funk and more towards the rock end.
The first Weather Report, Miroslav Vitous' Infinite Search, Bennie Maupin's the Jewel in the Lotus, and of course Miles Davis' On the Corner and Bitches Brew. Bill Laswell also has some great fusion projects, like Episome.

bump

Haha who is Ariel stinks
Is that knife album any good I've heard it's a communist album
What's your favorite punk album?
Listen to something by chairlift
youtu.be/2Og23DtOseE
You should listen to chairlift to
youtu.be/VioXu6lnP6c

ariel stinks is ariel pinks album thrash and burn.

Oh hahahahahah that's cool I've never heard it. When was it made

The more I listen to The King of Limbs the more I love it and the angrier it makes me because I don't understand how the fuck they're doing what they're doing

recs always appreciated
>tfw fall
>tfw probably going to listen to elliott smith literally all day every day again

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Dandelion Gum and Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest are great.

I wish I had better shoegaze recs to give you. You could always listen to Black Wing - Is Doomed if you want electronic shoegazey stuff. Or The Lids s/t is pretty good if you want more garage rock/punk

Is Ghost Folks as good as TDOTMATS? I haven't even listened all the way through the former yet but still

Brand New's Leaked Demos 2006 is really really good if you want something in between Deja and TDAG

Fuck sorry guys my recs are shit tonight

ghost folks is different but its real cool i like them about the same
youtube.com/watch?v=nJY8MtA3P5U
i forgot how good this is actually
maybe its better evebn

eh
kennedys are cool

>bass communion
is that actually good? can't stand any of the rockist's solo stuff

cool taste
how is ramleh outside of hole in the heart? i love that album

hm decent i guess
check out liturgy if you haven't
actually similar to shellac

>bad brains
++

Thanks for the recs. I love Halycon Digest and Dandelion Gum is great, I'll check out the other two. Listen to Isn't Anything by mbv and snow borne sorrow by nine horses

No problem. I wish I could give you something more diverse but those two are great. The Lids are solid but Black Wing was my AOTY by a big margin. If you like Have A Nice Life or Giles Corey it's the guy behind that.

I love Isn't Anything but I'll check out snow borne sorrow.

maybe try christine and the queens

you might like christine and the queens too maybe
is angel olsen good