Seattle Mariners at Baltimore Orioles Gamethread: Even More Walks Edition

Ubaldo is fucking incomprehensible.

>half an inning later

Go M's

>Mariners starting a shitty pitcher

haha, time for no offense

we'll blow up King Felix though

he's so shit

Like there's no real hope. Either the offenses reaches double digits or we just take the L.

It's a legit miracle it's only 2-0

What's baffling, though, is he clearly has swing-and-miss stuff. Like, plus-quality swing-and-miss stuff. He just can't fucking use it. It's infuriating.

idk man i don't feel like posting

i just want the pain to stop

>tfw no comfy Mariner-Orioles brawl 2.0

>and because he was so erect

JOE ANGEL PLS STOP

inb4 11-11 extra inning shitfest

Joe Angel is the best announcer in the league. It's a pity he only does play-by-play for half of each game.

Do you remember that game some years ago that went like 19 innings with like a billion people left on base?

I stayed up for that whole fucking thing. Ended at like 4am.

Unpopular opinion: I don't like Goldsmith whatsoever. Simms is worse, but Goldsmith is hardly an improvement.

Reminder that Aaron Goldsmith said "weaksauce" to Mike Blowers in the top of the first

no one can fill Dave's shoes.

but I think Goldy is a huge improvement over Sims. He doesn't bullshit around, or rely on filler talk like Sims.

he gets straight to the point and uses stats. His homerun calls are good too.

phew

Even more unpopular opinion: I like Sims and Blowers together. Blowers concentrates on the game and Sims is going to lose his shit if the M's ever make the playoffs. At least he gets excited. I'm listening to the Orioles play-by-play right now and it's fucking dull.

Bone is a great addition when used sparingly.

his homerun calls are fucking terrible what are you talking about? He has absolutely no sense of how deep a ball is hit, and when he does, it sounds like this:
"Watch out this one is gonna go for a long, long way from now"

The fuck is that?

Boredick: "I think Ubaldo has such bad numbers with no one on base because he's too aggressive in the zone"

This guy is such a fucking shitty announcer. Where's Jim?

>he doesn't enjoy GIDDYUP! GONE BABY!

that's cancerous too

>HEY LLOYD! ...HOW ABOUT... SOME DELIVERY! FOR THE TRUCK! TO THE AIRPORT!

What the actual fuck, Ubaldo.

You see how good you are when you throw strikes?

Why do you only do this once in a blue fucking moon?

>just tune in
>2 runs already

mfw we're on the road

Simms is even worse at that though.

He goes fucking nuts over a flyball that he thinks is gone and rambles incoherently.

have you forgotten Kyle Ackley?

>HOMO FOR LOMO

I would rather someone build up excitement for a warning track flyout than someone go "hit out into right field...Kalhoun...TO THE WALL IT'S GONE"

If he learns to read fly balls better he'd be fine.

At least we can agree with our O's bros that it's glorious to see the Bankees last in the East

So Orioles fans; Do any of you actually believe Trumbo's numbers are anything but a fluke?

they really need to find a way to win at home

This is the one that goes 16 innings
I feel it

I'm the exact opposite, I hate the overreaction. I don't want my emotions to be built up and then crushed when the outfielder catches it on the warning track.

Goldsmith paces himself well. he's straight laced. no bullshit or fluff. then, once the dinger has been hit, he goes nuts.

pls no

At least we can agree with our O's bros that it's glorious to see the Bankees last in the East

what the fuck is this guy's windup supposed to be?

>he doesn't want his emotions to be built up and then crushed

you're watching the wrong team lad

I knew the yankees were bad this year but not that bad

you have checked our record in extras, right?

must be a shitty feeling

for you

It's unsurprising really. They overachieved like crazy last year, and then did nothing in the offseason to fix the glaring holes on their team nor address their age issue.

Yes.

He's been an 800+ OPS player before, and he's never been in a hitter's park before, and he's surrounded by very very good hitters.

Why the fuck is Paul Janish playing?

You'd think it'd fuck up the catcher when in comes to knowing where the pitch is being thrown.

I imagine the steroids Davis shares with him also help too.

Don't know, I'm not an O's fan

Is it just me, or has Manny started swinging out of his shoes a bit of late? Seen a lot of swings-and-misses. He needs to relax.

>3rd Baseman MVP
>HAWT CORNER

pick both, or none at all

M's bros. Please check the Reds score. No matter how THIS series goes, this next one at Cinci should be fun.

Unless you catch the O's curse, in which case you'll have no offense against them at all.

And then you'll blow up some legit ace a few days later.

we NEED to sweep them, we got some tough series coming up

I'm hoping for a sweep

Cincy's an away series, right?

we shouldn't have any problem then.

class catch from seff smiff

>getting shut out by Wade Miley

This fucking offense, I swear.

Did you just SEE the Angels series?! In a way, I want to chalk it up to one of the ESPN writer's cursing the series into saying that was a 'trap series,' but still... You really hope that Cincy doesn't get desperate and start bringing up minor league talent to 'out-smart' the analytic stuff.

Fuck this ump

keep it up m's

Yeah. The M's played like shit at home against a division rival. What else is new?

That second strike
>bruh
It was lower than the ones they called ball! Reeee

That Kona beer ad was calm as fug

SEAWEED

now no tootblan pls

Honestly, I think Safeco kinda has a curse.

First off, who the fuck designs an open air stadium where the wind blows in from the outfield to kill flyballs, ESPECIALLY considering the power hitters that came from the late 90s Mariners!

Second, doesn't it seem like a lot of opponents get their home runs via no wind blowing in? Later on, you'll see Cruz, Cano, or someone else put the barrel on the ball, but it ends up dying near the warning track from the wind that is coming back through the stadium.

Gawd, I feel that home plate should have been in the northwest corner of the stadium and not the southwest corner.

>this ump

ffs, o's have had shit luck with umps recently

M's how's your bullpen

It doesn't make sense either, considering most fans are facing away from the skyline. Way to ruin the most pleasing aesthetic factor in your stadium. And home plate faces the trains. Fucking awful design for a beautiful ballpark.

>o's have had shit luck with umps recently
Everyone has. There hasn't been a game this season without questionable calls.
>3-0 M's

SEAWEED SPEED

damn good, give or take a recent hicup

Is Cruz good again?

Pretty much the reason the fence was pulled in.
>O's pitcher leaves in fifth
They may tend to have shit luck at Safeco but I still love this fucking team.

Brian matusz coming in to relive ubaldo Jimenez is proof that God is dead

They basically blew all three games against the Angels in our last series. Our closer hadn't blown a save all year and blew two back-to-back.

They're cold right now, but overall they've been nearly the best in the AL

Wasn't Walker ahead of Miley in the rotation at the beginning of the year? Why would they switch them, so they could prove to M's fans that Walker is a way better young pitcher than Tillman ever was?

Well... you certainly can't see the trains, but you can absolutely hear them. You can still see the rest of the city from well above the first base side...

Still. the views that matter most in the stadium are towards the action (despite how it seems the crowd in the first few innings can't seem to pay attention to the game.)

SEAGULL

K S W A G
S
W
A
G

Yeah... the fences being pulled in were still a cheap solution, and haven't paid off for the team since the move.

THANKS, MATUSZ

>orilels

SEAGER
>that HR paired with that call
BEAUTIFUL

>relive
yep, Jimenez lives on kek

HAHAHAHA DIE IN A FIRE MADSHITZ

>that kawaii little grin of approval from Edgar in the dugout

:3

KSWAG DESU

>seahawks bullshit

Kill yourself

TYBS
Y
B
S

now tell us again how your 3rd baseman should be MVP, O's announcer

The pitching rotation had started:
Hernandez
Iwakuma
Miley
Walker
Karns

Only Hernandez and Iwakuma have changed, as Hernandez came down with a flu and needed an extra day off.

fuck you matusz you absolute piece of shit

You suck, you'll always suck. Every other failed starter we've has gotten better except you because you suuuuuuuck

>that spectator gasp
Did Lind just kill someone?

Why does this feel like softball compared to playing in other stadiums?

Have we played in a hitters park yet this year?

they were shocked he got wood on it

Because you've faced two objectively horrible pitchers.

This would've been a 7-0 game at the fucking polo grounds

hey man the Lind hate train isn't happening anymore, he's o-k

also nice catch 7/10

>it's a Ubaldo game

Yep. Arlington, New York, and I'm sure there are others.

There goes the nono :^)