How the fuck did these fags get so popular

How the fuck did these fags get so popular

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GxVubAHxpuM
youtube.com/watch?v=vlj3ggxRxDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah honestly i think ween are terrible, no clue why Sup Forums gets such a boner over them

Because there song was at the end of the spongebob movie

I hate Quebec. french fucks

not everyone is french in quebec

they're quirky and experimental, basically early death grips with less edge . some people are really into that shit, and occasionally it produces amazing, groundbreaking songs (like buckingham green, ocean man, sarah, etc)

why did they even name the album quebec is that them on the cover

and where is the accentigue

i did at first too
but the pod and pure guava are comfy in their on, fried brain way
still not understand how they got popular by making shit like that

Mais pourquoi tu nous détestes, moi je t'aime

yes they are, there's no english anywhere

Do you really think they're shit guys?
Its not like the only created shit. Most of their good work is above a 7. And the Mollusk is just a masterpiece imo.
Also, who cares about the popularity of a band?

All of their work is a masterpiece in its own unique way. Their music genuinely has something for everyone.

i think they had a minor hit with push th little daisies

Because they are talented musicians that create quality music.

Their humor can be obnoxious at times but overall they make pretty good music. They're like a weirder Beck.

I wouldnt really say all of their work buddy, and im a Ween fan. But most of their work is truly fantastic. Dont know why people are hating on them now.

Because they're the music equivalent of south park

I'd agree with this, but Ween haven't fallen off as hard as South Park.

What.
No dude.
Having comedy in some of your songs doesnt instantly make you the equivalent of fucking south park.

Listen to The Argus
youtube.com/watch?v=GxVubAHxpuM
if you don't understand how they got "so popular" I'm so sorry for you

>early death grips with less edge
this is the worst description of ween i've seen in my life

Actually, I'm a Ween fan, and it is a decent comparison. Both like pushing boundaries, doing what they want to do instead of bowing down to fans... also they're friends with Stone and Parker so there's that.

Ween are the South Park of music.
Mostly for better more than for worse.

The level os satire and slight absurdism fits. Gene and Dean have met Trey Parket and Matt Stone before and said they find themselves to be "kindred spirits" to an extent.

South Park is better than 99% of television even at its worst

Not him, but i think the comparison comes from

>Both have humor
>Both can be crude and obnoxious, but usually are well done and have a underlying cleverness about it.

But then again, south park has been shit for the last 5 or so years and Ween haven't released a great album since quebec

it's also the worst b8 i've seen on this site probably ever.

I think they don't "get" how they don't stick to a genre, which is part of the point. It helps to be open minded towards music in general, but also have a sense of humor. I don't get what they think Ween are doing that they aren't doing well enough to call them bad.

>Ween haven't released a great album since quebec
They still have being a great live act.

>They still have being a great live act.
Oh yes, definitely. Deaner is a god, hoping to see them one day

Literally maybe, but you don't actually watch that other 99% of tv. Relative to how much tv you actually watch, South Park is pretty mediocre now. It dropped drastically in quality after around season 8 or 9.

they have way better songs

>there's no english anywhere
>being this retarded
You know there's a really sizable english population in Montreal right? Like the city of Westmount which is a completely English enclave near the downtown of the city?

irony anco

anyone know what show it is where deaner says something about close to the edge before they play the argus?

that always stood out for me because it made me happy that the yes influence I've heard in that song was real

DUDE PHASER LMAO

seasons 14 and 19 were pretty good imo. But yea its definitely not as good as it once was, like all shows that last that long

It's not like Ween is just a parody band or something... the fact that they can ape any fucking style of guitar music ever played with virtuoso precision should earn them your respect even if they're not your thing.

And yeah even though they have this seemingly endless genre fluency, everything they do is distinctly Ween.

To me they are way more important than Flaming Lips. Just saying.

They're on tour right now, did you check?

so I don't speak french well, i'd say only 19% fluency,
does this translate into, "but why do you dislike them, i love them?"

Frank Zappa
Nomeansno
Ween
Residents?
.....Talking Heads? What other crazy conceptual projects were there with like 8+ albums all adhering to an explorative motif? (hopefully someday MX-80 Sound?)

>To me they are way more important than Flaming Lips. Just saying.
That's really not saying much but you're totally right about Ween.

Acid Mothers Temple and, to be honest, CAN

>RAISES SPORK
>LE DICK IN THE WIND
>LOL LOOK ITS A DIFFERENT GENRE EVERY SONG COS WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO DO ONE WELL
>LOL HE CALLED SOMEONE GAY
literally tenacious d tier garbage, i immediately lose any respect for someone once they say they like ween

nice meme arrows

^nowseethis

>COS WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO DO ONE WELL
Ridiculous, it's not like the styles they affect are easy to implement. A full fledged Thin Lizzy impersonation is something few bands could attempt besides Thin Lizzy and Ween.

I guess your criticism amounts to "they have potty humor in their song titles"?

>Ween haven't released a great album since Quebec
I mean, this is true, but there's only been one album between Quebec and now

And it's not like Cucaracha was a disaster or anything, a light 7

Depends on if you count Shinola as a compilation or an album

People are just hating on them because they're starting a new tour.

Fuck them, I got my tickets and I'm excited

youtube.com/watch?v=vlj3ggxRxDY

It's gonna be great. I saw them a week and a half ago and it was amazing.

THANK YOU

yes this will trigger them

Sounds like you need to get some taste there, friend.

i think Sup Forums is like one big chain reaction because i haven't seen a ween hate thread in like months and literally last night i saw one and now i see this and i bet tomorrow there'll be another
P.S. Ween is fuckin great

I would like to know how St. Vincent got so popular. I know how and why, but the sheer tolerance for mediocrity is what baffles me.

no idea

>has no real argument other than "DUDE MEMES LMAO"

The entire western half of the island is like 75% English you stooge

I was never a big fan but their music is pretty fun.