A Tool is a Tool

gotta be people out there who got opinions on Maynard's stuff. Good or bad shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HivxFBB87-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pKeo79Ldz50
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

would cross the street if I saw him walking down the same sidewalk I was on

really opened my eyes to what good rock music should be

I followed him up to 10,000 days and the first puscifer album

first concert I genuinely wanted to go to was tool.I remember him being painted all blue, and not being in the front of the stage like a front man does

at the end of the concert he said he hoped that the audience was inspired to do something

probably one of the most memorable concerts I went too, but I don't go to many concerts and don't really go to big named bands/musicians at all.

meshugga opened for them, in lieu of tomahawk

coulda been cool to see tool and mike patton fronted tomahawk
but mushugga was pretty good.

i thought it was a trip that danny carey is a free mason
and there was something about him trying to summon something on an album through his drum beats.

inow I can still appreciate the music, but isn't really my goto anymore.

Maynard had it and lost it. It happens. When you start writing songs where you cry about online trolls and fantasize about beating them up you're out of step with where we are culturally and thus irrelevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=HivxFBB87-Y

i really dig how he gives a fuck, but then switches to how he doesn't. you know what i mean? it's the bad shit.

Easily the worst member of Tool. Contributes the least. Even less than Chancellor because while Chancellor's basslines are rarely mindblowingly creative, he at least isn't ever actively detrimental to the music he participates in. Maynard is just far too fucking cringey to be taken seriously. Which is a shame because he had the perfect voice for Tool.

Case in point, this is so sad.

>You speak like someone who has never been smacked in the fucking mouth
>Well we have the remedy
For fuck's sake Maynard you're 5'6". I bet he's that really aggressive douche in person who also acts really enlightened about everything.

Tool is a great band though, musically

>muh basic polyrhythms
>muh "complex" meters like 5/8
>muh shit tier guitar sound
>muh secret meme math hidden in songs
>muh """"""deep""""" lyrics
>muh jacking off to bill hicks

fuck tool
fuck maynard
fuck their fans
literally a cancer on modern music

Who's your favorite musician then? Grimes? Kanye?

unironically this:
youtube.com/watch?v=pKeo79Ldz50

off yourself lmao

What's wrong with Chancellor's basslines man? Shit's nice.

Ugh. I moved out the ghetto to get away from stray cats fucking. "Cultured" people are fucked up.

Reminds me of Varese. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I was expecting some bland pop stars, but not classical musicians.

contemporary classical is the ultimate genre lads

every other genre has all these things that you NEED to do to be considered a part of that world (i.e. drums+guitars for rock, beat+rapping for rap, etc) contemporary classical's only requirement is that it's written down and even then tons of people don't do that, it's so freeing desu every piece is like its own world

I felt this way when Apex Twin did that recent press release where it could only be viewed in TOR. This was months after all that Deep Web bullshit did the rounds on the internet. It's strange watching an artist jump the shark like that.

His best release is "C" is for...
too bad he gave it such a shit title and disappeared up his own ass.

I don't care about Tool that much, but one thing always strikes me with their fans... they always go on more about the meter the music is played in, how shit is meant to be all deep and abstract, how Maynard is some artistic genius for painting himself blue onstage or being obtuse in interviews, instead of talking about how the music actually sounds.

dont think thats what the songs about dude

Oh, yeah? What's it about then?

nrl pls

I don't disagree with the rest of the points but they used Hicks in one album like 20 years ago. It's hardly something to complain about.

>Aenima was released 20 years ago
>Only 2 albums since

They may as well just call it a day desu

I don't find the music that terrible, even though it isn't really to my taste, but the main, bad thing about Tool is the fan base, as you can imagine. Maynard even talks shit on them and they eat that shit up. They're usually those weird edgelords from high school that never grew up and still wear their black trench coats over their Tool band tee and Hot Topic black, chain pants proudly. Also, they usually smell.

>Only 1 albums since
10,000 Days was just Lateralus redux, not really a new album.

He has a good singing voice even though it can get a little one sided and moany.

I hate the shit he does with Puscifer.

The new Tool album will never come out.

I personally don't really give a fuck about what Maynard does or what his lyrics are about, etc. To me it's all about how the music sounds. And while it's not my #1 favorite band and they're not perfect, I know that I'll always dig whenever a Tool song starts playing.