>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

musiciansfriend.com/accessories/thomastik-js113-medium-flatwound-jazz-swing-electric-guitar-strings
vocaroo.com/i/s1Z0ttQRRr31
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are some good Flatwound strings to try for guitar ?

real threads over here user

Fuck off Roman

thomastik

D'addario Chromes are pretty good to know if you'll like the feel. Thomastiks are the best imo but they're kind of expensive

Any specific Thomastik set you would recommend, I don't mind paying more if they're that much better.

My favorite are the medium gauge Jazz Swing sets.

musiciansfriend.com/accessories/thomastik-js113-medium-flatwound-jazz-swing-electric-guitar-strings

They might feel a bit heavy if you're coming from lighter roundwound sets. There's always the JS111 set but the bass strings feel kind of light. I would just get your guitar setup for the 13s desu.

Just be another faggot and buy Elixir if you want something that sounds dead and is easier to slide your fingers around.

Post your dream guitar /gg/

This. Only shitty try-hard jazz retards use flatwound strings like there isn't a tone knob on your guitar and amp

You're really obvious Roman

First time I've been accused of that. Is there a membership badge or something?

???

>implying you didn't change IPs

You've been evading bans all day. Your posting style is obvious. Your the only faggot that actively shits up these threads

Haa ha ha, neither one of those was me.

Glad I'm so far up under your skin though.

I just feel sorry for you, you retarded faggot.

>Your posting style is obvious.
And you deducted that from a single sentence.

I'm pretty sure you'll be contacted by the Secret Service soon, Holmes.

Nice what kind of wood is the top? Those perfect intonation frets seem like they would be a pain to refret though

Gay emotions for little ol' me?

I'm flattered, user.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol paco's on the case bruh

American Fenders: made in American by unskilled illegal Mexican immigrate labor
>Mexican Fenders: made in Mexico by unskilled Mexican labor

Lets discuss the Fender problem /gg/. I guess this is a touchy subject seeing how the last few threads were deleted because of this discussion.

Damn I missed a meme arrow

From what I've heard the Mexican Fenders are made from wood cut in America, then all parts are sent to a factory in Mexico (like 90 miles south of the border) to be assembled, then come back here for sale.

If that is true, then why not pay the price for a Mexican Fender, and upgrade the electronics/pickups to get an American sound, but at a much cheaper price?

Because mexican fenders look and feel like trash, they're cheap guitars that will never compare to an American one no matter how much you change it.

Source: I have an American Stratocaster and a Mexican one. The mexican one is nowhere near as good.

The original Pre-CBS Fenders were built by "Unskilled Mexican Labor" mostly women. There is no Fender Problem, they're as good as they always have been (even better than what they put out in the 70s/80s)

Depends on the Model. I would take a high end MIM over a low end MIA any day.

They're even putting them out with Nitro Finishes and US pickups now.

>Gibson rises above the crowd
...I guess you're stupid?

which ones brehs

is 1 or 4 gauge difference something you can actually even feel or hear? left is 10-46, right is 11-50

i do play metal but rarely use drop tuning

Sorry bud....

>I have an American Stratocaster and a Mexican one

Wow, one of each? That's definitely a comprehensive analysis.

>There is no Fender Problem
yeah ok then
>be me
>go to buy higher end gretsch
>all made in japan now
>no made in america models at all
>unless you want to buy a fender Custom shop model for $$$$$

>i do play metal but rarely use drop tuning

You will probably feel the difference, tone-wise it's a little different not too much. I would go for the heavier pack because I like a little resistance form the strings. You may or may not need to adjust your truss rod depending on what gauge you have on now.

Try one set, when the strings die try the other set. When those strings die by the set you preferred.

To answer directly though, yes. If you're in the same tuning the heavier gauge strings will feel stiffer.

Have you ever played a Baldwin era Gretsch? The Japanese Gretsch's shit all over them. The terada factory makes some of the nicest guitars in the world.

They have limited factory space dude, they're at least keeping the brand alive when it should have gone under a long time ago.

MiJ stuff is top-tier though?

>you have a choice
>imported chinese garbage or imported nip garbage
yea its called the fender problem

No, it's called the you're poor and racist problem.

in the $3500 range I could have a luthier custom build a guitar. not sure why anyone would waste money on a japanese guitar at that price point

lol, that's not even me dude.

Fuck, I've obviously done one hell of a number on your head.

You have the misconception that Japanese =Cheap Quality. The Terada factory is the same factory that makes the really high end D'Aquistos, D'Angelico, Sadowskys etc.. They're know for their archtops.

Good luck finding a luthier that will build you a decked out Gretsch style Archtop for $3500.You can usually buy them for way less than that btw

>Fender problem

Fenders are as good as they've ever been currently. In the 2000's I refused to buy one because the quality of most American Fenders were absolute shit; but starting around 2010 the quality has gone up significantly so in 2014 I bought my first American Standard Strat and refuse to use any other guitar.

Gibsons are overpriced trash

>The Terada factory is the same factory that makes the really high end American knockoffs
ftfy

It does seem like the QC for Fender has drastically improved. I will note that some of their subsidiary companies like Jackson, Squier, and Charvel were making some pretty decent instruments a decade or so ago. I recently acquired a 2014 Fender MIM Strat and it's lovely to play. Probably going to replace the stock electronics with a set of SD Antiquity Texas Hot pickups.

All new Fenders are double the price they should be just because they have the word Fender written on the headstock. That goes for American, Mexican, and Japanese models. You can easily find a better value in other brands that are equal in quality.

lol you retards all electric guitars are the same fucking shit

it's a hunk of wood with caveman-era electronics that an EE student could slap together in a garage

People only buy Japanese guitars when they can't afford the American equivalent. They're just cheaper alternatives to the guitars they really want.
America>Japan/Mexico>Korea>China

guitar waifu thread!

Yes! Go Gibson or go home edition!

Can anyone name any good single-coil guitars that aren't Fender or Fender copies?

how bout it faм

Good point: a P90 is technically single-coil. But not what I meant.

eh?

Verrah niiice.

Les Paul love at first sight!

/gg/, when are you going to git gud?

Are you content with just collecting gear or will you aspire to do more with your hobby and practice, write, and perform music?

>How long did you fa/gg/ots practice today?

so lazy

Yeah, was expecting some Danelectro. Cheers.

>tfw tiny babby pinky

>using Guthrie as the poster child for practice

I enjoy some of his works, but I've never listened to anything of his that has blown me away. Variety is the spice of life and he seems very stuck in his ways. He's stuck in the nucleous of 80's rock/metal.

He said "good."

>not a chicken
For shame.

Justify your position

iv been carpal tunnel breaking, its been getting bad

but from about 10pm-4:30am
about to get back on a bit be for jamming :)

It's not the size of the boat it's the motion of the ocean

Neck whip neck warp rubber magnets poor bridge design no hum cancelling low output flat frets overpriced

Lads what are your opinions on the Space Bass?

Not gonna lie, it looks sick as hell, but I bet it's a bitch to hold/play

Been playing on my 40 bux guitarr since jan-feb

>Think its crap
>doesnt sound that good
>afriad to waste money on better guitarr because it wont sound much different, its just my bad skills
>went to a place today that had some music room
>he a landola made in finland
>its much wider neck than my practice guitarr so can't play as good
>But holy shit that sound, I was a bit supised I could play such beautiful music

Do i have to buy a guitarr for over 500 bux to get that luxary sound or will a g40 give you a good quality sound

Is it normal for the high strings to buzz slightly on an electric? I currently got .10s on it, but I would change the gauge for higher tension if that could fix it. It irks me to no end when playing chords.

What's wrong with the bridge?

Known to break strings

Someone please post anime guitar

Just put some decent strings on it. You probably prefer thinner instruments based on what you said. Look for a lightweight guitar that's cheap some time in the future. But your guitar can sound good, lots of people prefer the full, bassy sound of thick acoustics.

Just search guitar in gelbooru you lazy sack of shit

But I want /gg/ to be shit forever to give me incentive to stop coming here, so it needs to be posted in every thread.

Also I searched it and it didn't come up

When you tune a guitarr using app to you place the phone on the guitar or on a table away from the guitar. maybe it doesnt matter where u place the phone but i need to ask to be sure

it don't matter, but get a headstock tuner (recommending snark)

ok then

Hey guys, I've had this guitar for a couple of years and I have no idea what brand it is.
Can anyone please identify the logo?

Thanks famalam

no probs

Rate my musical abilities

vocaroo.com/i/s1Z0ttQRRr31

How about actually singing

>no link to the last thread
why you fucking dumbass

Show a pic of the whole guitar . That might be 1980's Korean made.

post your Ibenhadz

Because previous threads have been deleted, not archived due to someone being a whiny prick and forgetting they're on Sup Forums.

You played pretty solid, I don't think anyone can fault you for those minor hang ups. Definitely good enough that it was enjoyable to listen to. You should put more effort into your singing though, it takes as much practice as guitar.

lol
>Neo-Sup Forums users don't know what b8 looks like, no matter how obvious.

Reporting for duty

If that's what you call "bait", you need to leave.

Yeah, ol' Paco the Taco™ didn't like me righteously shitting all over Mexicans much, did he?