What is the difference between Arab North Africans and Berbers...

What is the difference between Arab North Africans and Berbers? Do Berbers still speak their old languages and have their old culture, or do they speak Arabic and follow Islam like everyone else? Were the coastal North Africans also Berbers before the Arabs arrived, or were they their own people? Do they eat the same food? Do Berbers drink alcohol?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idris_I_of_Morocco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

please respond

They speak French

They are whiter than the other Arabs, they can have blue/green eyes and light hair. (and i mean actually get it regularly not 0.01% genetic lottery)

Also according to a recent (and controversial) poll they are quite more liberal. For example 83% of Algerians want to ban Christianity and 61% judaism but Berbers are reported not to. Only 51% want to ban homosexuality.

All north africans are berbers.

There are no such things as berbers anymore just arab slaves, theyre all arabs now

opposite, 0 such thing as an arab north african.

There are Arab North Africans.

nope, no such thing.

Lads, lads, you're getting into an autistic race discussion.

I want to learn about their culture, I don't give a shit how blonde they are

>I want to learn about their culture, I don't give a shit how blonde they are
Where the fuck do you think you are?

All north africans are berbers,

Literally what does that mean

What tangible qualities differentiate Berbers from Arabs in your opinion

are you retarded?
different genetics and appearances.

>I want to learn about their culture, I don't give a shit how blonde they are
this is Sup Forums's equivalent of canada

Who cares?

are Morroccans berber or arab, im confused. all rook the same.

Both. There's a lot of mixing but there's also majority Arab regions and majority Berber regions

OP they have their own language which is in in the linguistic family as Arabic and Hewbrew. But the Berbers (Amazigh) use different alphabet system.

Genetically the Berbers are distinct from Arabs but are closer related to Arabs than Europeans. Berbers speak a Semitic language but tend to have lighter skin and eyes/hair than gulf Arabs.

Even the Arabic they speak in North Africa is a lot different than what they speak in the Middle East.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idris_I_of_Morocco

Idris I (or Idris ibn Abdullah) (Arabic: إدريس بن عبدالله Idrīs ibn ‘Abdallāh) was the first Arab ruler and founder of the Idrisid dynasty, ruling from 788 to 791. He is credited with founding the dynasty that was instrumental in the early Islamization of Morocco.[1] He was the great-great-great grandson of the Islamic Prophet Mohammed.

Arabs came and brought J haplotype to North Africa. Most of North Africa is E which has a Berber component

autism

"There are seventy parts of wickedness. The Berbers have sixty-nine, and mankind and the Jinns have one."

I'm answering OP's questions. I've been to Morocco and seen Berbers and Arabs. People that identify as both or just one are common.

Don't have to be a jerk user

depends on the berbers.
Algerians Kabyle are the less worst of maghrebis.
Most successful maghrebi in France are Kabyles.

Moroccan Rifains are shit tier and the absolute worst though.

At least 60% of Moroccans and 30% of Algerians can speak a berber language. It's less than 5% in other Maghrebi countries.
North africans follow the Maliki school of Sunni Islam instead of the other school of thought from the Middle East. But it's just details.
Maghrebi have their own culture which is completely different from Arabs. Not the same clothes, food, art, etc. Wine was huge during Roman times but since the Arab invasions it died. It was recently revived by the French during the colonisation and is now managed by Maghrebi and foreigners.
Arabs only brought language and religion. They were too few in numbers to bring a big change in ethnicity.