Why im i only hearing this now, this is so good wtf?

Why im i only hearing this now, this is so good wtf?

it will get better

the autists on here try to deny this album's greatness.
the fact is that this album is the greatest rap album of this decade aside from MBDTF.

niggers belong in cages

wow, do you literally have the most cookie cutter taste of all time?

yeah that's a solid extrapolation, you really nailed him.

now listen here young blood. we can argue about run of the mill albums. you think vince staples sucks, i think he's pretty good, you call me a fag, I call you an autist and everybody wins. but TPAB and GKMC are beyond debate. they are so obviously at the top tier of hip hop that there is no non-contrarian argument against their greatness. (MBDTF is also great but I don't like it nearly as much). just because you are willing to recognize greatness, even when it's obvious, doesn't mean you have cookie cutter taste. there is just some shit that almost everybody likes

also
>wow, do you literally, of all time
diversify your phrasebook you wack judgmental uberdweeb

tl;dr your point is bullshit and you are probably a giant douche

Explain why purposely liking something less known is better than just liking what you like.

This, is this pasta

>good albums can't be good albums if they're not underground enough

>they are so obviously at the top tier of hip hop that there is no non-contrarian argument against their greatness.

GKMC yes, TPAB no

>hip-hop
>rap
every rapper and such is all the same musically no one is better cause the genre limits them. Young Thug is the best rapper of all time however.

Fagtano clearly knows nothing about music, and he should seriously consider his petty life if he thinks that SJW-infested garbage is 10/10.

There's something inherently less personal and artistically expressive about an album that appeals to the mainstream, enough should be obvious. Kendrick compromises certain ideas, doesn't rhyme over certain beats, doesn't explore certain topics, doesn't adapt a certain flow, because he or an executive is afraid it won't appeal to a wider audience. Albums like TPAB and MBDTF, they sacrifice certain qualities in order to appeal to the mainstream. Kendrick will never release another album so isolated and personal as Section.80 and Kanye will never release another song as vulnerable or down-to-earth as Hey Mama or Family Business because they each have developed a certain type of public persona and style wherein they cannot deviate at the risk of diminishing returns or being called out as a fraud. This is a sacrifice that can be observed since hip-hop has gone as mainstream, there will never be a popular hip-hop album from a gangster rapper with a closer like Ready To Die. Perhaps these albums could top end of year public polls and be the most widely agreed upon "modern classic" but if TPAB or MBDTF is honestly the album that speaks to you the most and emotionally resonates with you or even you enjoy it for "varied production" you're letting others dictate your opinion for you.

>Animal Collective are leftist
>their last album featured "Burglars" which is basically a retelling of Beatles' "Taxman"

this is the most obvious bait shit ever by the way family

is this a cringe thread now?

mfw

You put way too much work into constructing this image for a joke

It's one of the biggest albums of the past decade and you only just know heard of it because of a year old Fantano review?

>source: le superior patrician

don't cut yourself on that edge

kek what's edgy or pretentious about what I said? If anything it's the opposite. Most people when defending MBDTF or TPAB will cite some kind of "objective" quality about the album, like political agenda or production quality, while completely ignoring the subjectivity. Someone could be technically the greatest painter ever but if they don't have anything to convey they wouldn't produce anything of merit. This is the opposite of edge or pretension, I'm decrying the value of technique and advocating for artistic expression. You "two" are pretty dumb.

No, i just like good music.

sure

Contrarian shit get out

An album doesn't have to be down to earth and speak to you personally for it to be great. Both MBDTF and TPAB have excellent production, absolutely stellar beats and hooks, and are both extremely pleasing to the ear.
And they're both quite personal. Not as personal as GKMC or 808's, but still pretty emotional and personal.

white people music

only white SWPLs and talented tenther college blacks listen to this

Ok.

but there's a huge difference between what someone considers their personal "greatest rap album" and just "great". TPAB and MBDTF are both great albums, but for someone to call it their favourite they'd have to literally have no opinion of their own at all

don't cut yourself on that edge

only decent tracks are Mortal Man & Alright tbhfamily

wow what a fucking idiot.

real creative insult bro. i'm not even that guy but jeez try to be original retard. that exact phrase worded the exact same way has been used sincerely for the past ~5 years on Sup Forums. reroll your insult. try again please

family you're defending me and I want to show love but you sound pretty buttblasted, if he's getting you worked up just don't give him the time of day, I wasn't planning on responding tBQh

fuck you too. It's a stupid insult. people who feel compelled to use it probably contribute nothing to this site. idiots with canned responses the lot of them

yeah yeah I get that, but I pointed out how the opposite is true in my second post, there's no point continuing to humour him with (you)s.

but it only has two great tracks?
>not for free? and u

makes discovery easier and discussion more varied on sites like Sup Forums

because you're underage. get the fuck out of here faggit

Not sure if bait or not, but if this is bait, it's some of the highest effort bait I've seen

MBDTF isn't supposed to be "personal" at all. It's literally a masterpiece on Kanye's life at the time

>isn't supposed to be "personal" at all
>a masterpiece on Kanye's life at the time
how can you contradict yourself so shamelessly?

>tfw reading an argument for conceptual focused art

>he doesn't like concept art
>>>/redit/

I also feel this way.

I don't know if you're falseflagging or not, but tpab is genuinely great and a very special album.
It boggels my mind that a mainstream album can sound this unique and unconventional like this and still go platinum. No radio songs either, normies really fuck with kendrick.

Sadly his reached a status that triggers Sup Forums, and blm(which has nothing to do with anything kendrick has done), automatically makes people hate him.

contemporary art is post-conceptual

Hard to hate kendrick. Any time you see "ft. kendrick lamar", you know he's going to steal the show.

>implying kanye didn't kill him on no more parties in la

>tfw I skip kanye's part

what if...and just hear me out for a second...what if the reason so many people are attracted to a certain sound or identity is because they have touched on the humanity that their art was meant to convey???

what if MBDTF was a deeply personal and pained expression of black celebrity and public villainization? what if TPAB is a deeply detailed tale of struggling to help the ones you love in a slum but also being pressured to live the life a public icon enjoys?

like, have you stopped to think at all that just because someone is famous, they didn't start out that way? and that maybe they learn things along the way and can reach out to the world at large from a view so few get to see?

tot jej

>, I'm decrying the value of technique and advocating for artistic expression.

Fag.

Technique > forced try hard art

lmfao you people can't defend your posts past some selfish superficial reason. A long winded way of saying "pssh nothing personal poser"