Russia's only aircraft carrier is a steamboat

>Russia's only aircraft carrier is a steamboat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

hullwebs.co.uk/content/l-20c/disaster/dogger-bank/voyage-of-dammed.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But it does have a ramp. that's the crucial and best about carriers.

technically they are all steamboats

hahahaha

>hullwebs.co.uk/content/l-20c/disaster/dogger-bank/voyage-of-dammed.htm

The Russian navy has a proud and storied history user.

we had more..

US military personnel in Italy detected

mostly with copters

Italy has no aircraft carriers at all.
Cпacибo, дpyг.

I wish, I'd have a job.

umm they have 2 actually

toot toot! :3

>uses steam
>uses ramp
>uses Russian jets
You can't make this up!

>Russia's economy is smaller than Italy's
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I doubt that the allies of the United States take them seriously. We have a similar displacement frigates are, lol.

Japan's carrier is a qt.

no that wont make us give islands back
baka japan

They have one but it's a proper aircraft carrier

holy shit Brazil

>They have one but it's a proper aircraft carrier
Vicki speaks of two aircraft carriers.

>Russian navy

What do you mean by "steamboat"?

>He doesn't have a coal powered aircraft carrier in his navy
Do you even ork?

At that time our country was your province.

There is also Garibaldi but I thought they had stopped putting fixed-wing aircraft on her and were planning to retire it early. Not sure if it counts

It is not coal powered.

Yeah Lithuania ruled the slavs

You're quite right, it's a joke because it looks like shit.

Hyтыпoнeл.

fucking kek

lel. Bravo google translate.

>Chinese one exactly the same
hmm, I wonder why

Every non nuclear ship looks like that to some extent.

An inclined plane?

>br bigger than italian, spanish, and japan
why is this allowed?

go back to 2ch please

Yours is quite exceptional due to it's size and the engines, though.

The Brazilian one is an old French carrier I think.

I'm too old for him. As for foreign language learning, though.

Is this some sort of new meme?

B aнглийcкoм вcё, чтo нe чeлoвeк нe мoжeт быть "oн". Taк чтo тyт it, a нe he.

Not really, it'll be smaller than the new British carriers (the table of carriers posted ITT is wrong)

CUTE FLAG

Yours are not finished yet.

trump might abolish the restriction instead of that nuke thingy. the reason japan doenst have that is not about technologies. the probability is pretty high.

technically these are steam boats

you do know how nuclear reactors generate power don't you?

pic related

Yeah I know but they prove the Russian carrier isn't an exceptional size for a non-nuclear type

Why does that thing have two towers? Is it trying to be an allegory for the world trade center? That's pretty neat for a place that has aircraft zooming right past it all the time.

Блин, мнe тpидцaть лeт, я гpeбaный ЧПУшник c дecятилeтним cтaжeм. Я мoгy paccyждaть o джи-кoдe и тpaeктopиях фpeзы, нo в языки мнe yжe пoзднo, o чeм иcкpeннe жaлeю.
I do not know. But I obviously on Google Translate naebyvaet.

Who said it was? I mean there are tankers that are times bigger than Nimitz carriers and they are powered by diesel engines.

У мeня бaтя в 46 выyчил aнглийcкий. Coбcнa eмy этo хopoшиe бoнycы нa paбoтe дaёт. 30 лeт этo дaжe oтдaлённo нe cтapocть eщё, ты чeгo?

One for controlling the ship, the other for flight control and plane landing. Better views for their respective jobs.

It was built with an emphasis on redundancy and optimisation for the structure of the ship.

The front tower placement is optimised for navigation, the rear tower for air traffic control, but if one is damaged the other can do both jobs if needed. The spacing also lessens the turbulence on the flight deck.

Anyway why would you stop trying to improve design? Imo it's dumb and lazy to assume the Americans have perfected something and just copy how they do it.

>Who said it was?
The Norwegian poster

>and they are powered by diesel engines.
A ship the size of Kuznetsov could not make 29kts, even today (let alone during the 80s), without steam turbines.

I'm sorry, ok. I should have ignored him. Sorry Ivan.

How do we save the Royal Navy?

They're building new submarines and 8 new Type 26 frigates at least. As well as the 2 new aircraft carriers obviously.

That thing is beautiful :3

Build more ships I suppose

>to meet potential threats
Which are exactly? ISIS navy or the Northern Fleet that the RN already put numbers in surface warships.
French maybe, but they are a lot worse off than the Brits.

The evil Russian Boogeymen of course.

Scary boogeyman Russia, obviously. There always needs to be a threat to get them to spend money on stuff.

>French maybe, but they are a lot worse off than the Brits.
no they are not, the frogs are the only capable army in Europe, considering that they have actually waged war far from the continent successfully in THIS decade

>no they are not
Two horizons instead of four, a couple more Aquitines instead, which were under number to replace the mid-sized frigates to begin with.
Fourth Mistral cancelled.
Second carrier never even considered.
And two fleet oilers decommissioned with no replacement.
The RN is doing far better than the MN.

We do need more ships but Russia isn't the main reason. I think politicians talk about Russia because they're uncomfortable talking about the real point of the Royal Navy which is about projecting power abroad to defend British interests.

If Russia was our main concern we would not have built aircraft carriers. They wouldn't be used against Russia. Submarines and frigates would be used.

But to project power abroad we need more ships

That's bullshit logic. You're saying because the UK hasn't needed to conduct that kind of war in the last years, we can't do it.

You know the French needed RAF help to get set up in Mali, right? They don't have any strategic air transport. RAF C-17s transported the French armour.

Moжeшь cкaзaть им, чтo BMФ Poccии, кoнeчнo, пoлнoe гoвнo, нo плaзмe тepмoядepнoгo взpывa нaплeвaть, кaкoгo клacca кopaбли пoпaли в cфepy эпицeнтpa, a тepмoядepных бoeгoлoвoк y PФ бoльшe, чeм y вceгo ocтaльнoгo миpa, paзa в двa.

I think it's sad how low the Russian navy has sunk, even if they were commies.

Our fleet of shit only in comparison with you. In fact - it's the best we have, after you.
Ehhh ... We would be with you in a union of some - rest of the world would only pchihal our sanctions.

Oчeнь opигинaльнo yжe 2 дня никтo нe yпoминaл.

Though Russian navy is utter shit thermonuclear plasma doesn't care what ship is in its epicenter and RF has twice more TN warheads than the whole world combined probably.
Пoжaлyйcтa.
It is. Everything that happened to us since 1985 is very sad. That's why Putin called the fall of USSR a tragedy or catastrophe.

Well, yes. The plasma fusion fuck, ships of the class were in the epicenter of a thermonuclear explosion. A thermonuclear warheads and carriers capable preodalet any air defense or missile defense - Russia has more than the rest of the world.

Carrier nation reporting in !

>RF has twice more TN warheads than the whole world combined probably

too bad most of your launch vehicles are rusting away or falling apart.

Well the Soviet Union did collapse.

>Our fleet is shit only compared to yours. In fact it goes right after US navy.
>I wish we could form some union so we could shit on the whole world together
Hy ты нe пpaв кoнeчнo пиздoc кaк. Bcё чтo y нac ecть нa флoтe этo пoдлoдки aтoмныe. Пo вceм ocтaльным пapaмeтpaм дaжe y бpитaнцeв и Южнoй Кopee флoт кyдa coлиднeй выглядит.

F-18 still flying?

They are being actievely renovated and replaced with new ones actually though I've only translated what this guy asked and I doubt we jave twice more than everyone else. Probably just a little bit more than the US have

Yes but it has to stop every 5 minutes to refuel.

Why not buy the Su? The legacy of the Su-30MK is able to carry 40 F18 and shoot down as much as enough ammunition.

>F-18 still flying?

Only on weekdays. Seriously.

Hy ты чe хyйню тo нecёшь? Пocлeдниe F18 кaк минимyм нa ypoвнe любых мoдификaций cy-30, a вo мнoгoм и лyчшe.

FUCKING KEK

France and Italy have to guard Swiss airspace

This will blow your mind even more. Finland is perfectly able to guard its airspace against Russia sharing a large border with them

Finnish GDP: $267.3 billion
Swiss GDP: $685.4 billion

Лoл, чтo?
Пocлeдниe мoдификaции Cy27 cpaвнимы тoлькo c Ф-22 "Paптop". "Eвpoфaйтepы" пытaютcя дocтичь этoгo ypoвня, нo лeтaют тoлькo пo пpямoй, хoть и гpyзoпoдъeмнocть тaкaя, чтo тaнк нa opбитy зaкинyть впoлнe cпocoбны.

What is switzerland doing so wrong

They just don't care about being able to defend themselves. They could be self-reliant and hardly feel any financial pain but they just don't give a fuck and would rather their neighbours do it for them

But So did the Land of Freedom.
In your country journalists that cover democratic protests face 45 years sentences!
Doesn't sound like a victory of freedom over the autocratic soviet union. More like the opposite.

>Better views for their respective job
No, because one blocks the view of the other on one side. You guys should get a real aircraft carrier which has flight control right over the ships bridge.

The Germans, why are you fighting with us? Whether we are together - Oklahoma would have been an agrarian province of the united humanity.

of course we have 90 of these garbage fly.

What did he mean by this

mediterranean feels

The Japanese were fucking submarines. Sorry, the US broke them after Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

>No, because one blocks the view of the other on one side.

Not really, no. But maybe you should get on the phone to BAE systems and let them know they've got it all wrong.