What if Phil Elverum, Sufjan Stevens, Jeff Magnum, and Avey Tare made a collab album together?

What if Phil Elverum, Sufjan Stevens, Jeff Magnum, and Avey Tare made a collab album together?

it would be bad
also why would these artists work with a talentless hack like sufjan

still wouldn't be half as good as a sun kil moon album

had they done it before maybe phil would have earned the money to buy his wife some meds

>Jeff magnum

Take out Avey Tare and it would actually work, hes my favorite out of those but his sound sticks out among the others, Sufjan and Phil would just be good by themselves, Jeff Mangum seems shoehorned as well for the Sup Forums memes but he could still add to it. A stripped back, artful folk album with Phil and Sufjan would be great

Sung tongs is the best anco record tho

yeah thats true actually, but its too late for that sound to come out of Avey, but that did really make me realize a collaboration between all of them around 200-2004 would be amazing

2000*

All their egos would clash and the album would never be finished

Could work if they went an noisey Age of Adz feat. Major Organ and the Adding machine route but it'd probably be a clusterfcuked heap of garbage

Did suf get hair plugs or something?

His hairline looks like shit in that pic from a few years ago but nowadays it looks fine.

Avey sticks out too much, the other three could work, or Avey could Suf get together and make Age of Down There

I think Mangum and Elverum would together would be the best combo

who?

nooooooo :,(

This. Established performers rarely work well together, especially if each prefers a great amount of control over the work unless somehow only one of them leads while the rest add minor details. Look at Atoms for Peace.

as cool as this would be i actually cant see most of these working together... maybe jeff and phil but the rest of these musicians have really wildly different styles... the only real uniting things are "acoustic guitar" and "unique vocals". i adore all of them though.

>phil elverum
>ego
i just read his book, Dawn and ive gotta say hes one of the most humble people ive ever heard. he talked a lot about how dumb and pretentious a lot of artists like himself can be about things like this, and how small of a person he thinks he is

You can't have more than two egos like that collaborate. Nothing will get done. Pretty much any band you liked had one or two people with the vision and all the other band members were there to help flesh it out. This is why the concept of actual supergroups always seemed stupid to me.

this

would be really interesting to hear their vocals clashing