Pitchfork ratings that you don't agree with

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/4025-speak-for-yourself/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All of them.

Nah, their Mars Volta scores are pretty on point.

>Pitchfork ratings that you can't help but agree with

Should have been higher, desu senpai.

This type of thing is right up p4k's alley. I really don't understand why they rated it so low.

>tfw Sup Forums never talks about how good Jawbox

Kek this

And came to post this one

Yeah Yanqui really didn't deserve this pan, but I think it may have been because at the time it was NOT popular to be anti-war at all, repubs and dems were both banging the war drum, and GY!BE were certainly in the minority. If it had been released a few years later I bet they would have lauded it.

Savory is one of my favorite songs

This piece of shit review and score ruined Sup Forums

They gave Oracular Spectacular the same rating

Get out of here Fantano

Should be rated less imo, it was just some catchy pop tunes. 5/10 material. Congratulations is experimental, genre-bending, catchy, and complex. Their only good release to date.

..but that's just my opinion.

>Frances the Mute
>2.0
Yeah, nah

A shitty one at that

Thank God TLOP came to fix everything

They also called it rock/ metal. lol fuck them, it is great.

Deserves better in my opinion

>Coloring Book 9.2
>Blonde 9.0
>The Life of Pablo 9.0

>any trap album rated more than an one/10

all this

this review is a highlight of why I dislike pitchfork.

What were they thinking?

true, should be lower

>caring about the opinion of a music review website

Explain

real fokken funny m8

I'm just memeing, my dude

>yeah, I like the Mars Volta!

Can't wait until Pitchfork does a classic review of Blurryface when it is reissued and give it a 10

I completely agree with you. unfortunately, there's more plebs in the world like than us

I thought they were okay.

>disliking the Mars Volta

>needs to prioritize shaming people who like TMV in order to feel like a good Sup Forums poster

clearly they didnt have 4 cd players and were buttmad over that fact.

Centipede Hz is a solid 8.5 desu

That .1 fucks

like wtf this is a masterpiece??

how could they get away with this ..

Theres no way in hell Chance the Rapper is a 9.2

WTF
it got a 9.9?

>posting tips fedora meme to shame The Mars Volta fans
>not posting tips sombrero

Step up your shitposting game, son.

Not the score, even though I'm not a fan of the album.
But the review is completely retarded.

They should have kept it. Revisionist bastards.

Wish I could find Ryan Schreiber's old review for this where he gave it a 2.1 and called them a "Johnny-come-lately Green Day ripoff" lmao.

Seriously anything fucking prog gets shit on by pitchfork
Don't get me wrong, there is an alarming amount of overblown shitty wanky prog out there but Frances was deserving of a BNM and Lateralus should've been higher

>because at the time it was NOT popular to be anti-war at all, repubs and dems were both banging the war drum

uh wtf part of the world were you living in. Anti-war sentiment was huge back then

This album is like a 6 at best but Jesus, the way the review is written makes me want to punch the writer in the face

Agreed. Loving that shit. P4k just don't like clipping. I guess

And the rest of their albums

When was the moment they turned from waving the indie rock flag to waving the populist hip hop one?
Rap and hip hop (and "urban" music) gets more regular high scores and generally more coverage than probably all others on the site these days yeah? I'm not going mad here...

Not salty about it btw. Just interesting to note

Agreed

It's like the guy who wrote the review for this one said "oh this album isnt as hip hop as i wanted it to be based on their other releases"

i thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere. The narrative and the overall experience of the album is fantastic for me

>one of the greatest pop albums of all time
>only 6.4

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/4025-speak-for-yourself/

MBDTF.

I remember that album got a 10/10 around about the same time Arcade Fire won a grammy, and presumably Pitchfork thought it was "uncool" to keep shilling indie rock. So they gradually began sliding from championing indie bands to just becoming XXL for white people.

>populist hip hop one

what hurts is the populist part

an indie hipster website should be promoting avant-garde/experimental hip-hop like Busdriver and Saul Williams, not fucking Young Thug and Lil Wayne

Aha right that makes sense. I was a late comer to MBDTF and hip hop in general so I dismissed that 10/10 on site. I now think the album is quite good but 10/10 implies some world defying piece of art, especially when you mark on a 100 point scale

It was definitely a long time coming, what with rap etc having a bigger audience, but conde nast buying them solidified it pretty much

It probably does have something to do with that: it's not a convenient album to listen to

(Not that it isn't good, but it does take extraordinary effort..)

I'll never understand why anyone gives pitchfork or review publications any authority whatsoever other than bias confirmation

as if pitchfork is anything other than a lot of writers who know how to inflate their own opinions with their writings skills to make them sound authoritative

that said they really dont give these two albums enough credit as unique and theatrical they can be

This genuinely pissed me off

kek

clipping sucks.

god they are/were so fucking rude.

uh, its on a ten point scale, but i'm not sure why the denominator matters.

every ian cohen review ever

They rate from 0.0 to 10.0
An 8.0 is very different to an 8.9 for pitchfork

Should have been a 5.5
Should have been a 9.2
Should have been a 6.7
Should have been a 9.9
Should have been a 9.9
Should have been a 6.8
Should have been a 5.2
Should have been a 4.4
Should have been a -0.1
Should have been a 4.5
Should have been a 5.8
Should have been a 1.8
Should have been a 9.9
Should have been a 2.2
Should have been a 1.9
Should have been a 9.0
Should have been a 6.0 and a 5.3, respectively

How has nobody posted NYC Ghosts and Flowers.

What motivated you to make this post? Genuinely curious.

because p4k is shit

Autism

Holy shit really pitchfork is horrible

Should've been a 10
Should've been a 9.5
Should've been a 9
Should've been a 5
Should've been a 9 at least
Haven't listened but I know it should have been at least a 7

I agree, and False Priest and Skeletal Lamping

OCD

Just stop

Lateralus is fucking awful though. What would you have given it? Even if you think 1.9 is too harsh, anything higher than 5.0 is indefensible imo.