What do you think about cyrillic? Is it looks good or strange? I think like alien symbols for english speakers...

What do you think about cyrillic? Is it looks good or strange? I think like alien symbols for english speakers. I'm not so good speak english, but I think cyrillic better for universal abc. 33 symbols vs 26. Although cyrillic have no sound th. Anyway how cyrillic looks for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sj88Iuma6BQ
steen.free.fr/cyrpol/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Many other fonts are beautiful. I drew a lot of the art school.

look nice

>Although cyrillic have no sound th.
θθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθθ

Anyway I can read, impress and annoy people by writing in cyrillic

looks cool

what is that calligraphy style called? it looks nice

We change it з and ф.It's not the most beautiful sounds.

looks weird

>what is that calligraphy style called?
Old church slavonic

>з and ф
Sounds like a mistake a child makes

Looks comfy and kewl. It's just sad I don't get anything. =(

>Is it looks good or strange?
Sorry but it's not pleasant looking because it's mainly "mirrored Latin alpahbet" and that somehow brings anxiety to me.
Imagine you wake up in the midnight to take a piss, and you see dancing Cyriric letters on the dark corridor to a toilet room. That's scary.

I think we did a massive troll on the rest of the world with it.

It's close enough to latin to almost make a sense of it, but different enough to mindfuck you.

> Is it looks good or strange?
I like it, especially in this medieval font style.
> I think like alien symbols for english speakers.
Not really because most letters are similar. But due to historical reasons it's associated with industrial dystopic Soviet imagery in many people's minds.
> but I think cyrillic better for universal abc.
true

Old slavonic, i think. I copied this text from my grandmother's Bible. When studied. Many Orthodox Bible uses this font. It is a traditional Russian type.

> It is a traditional Russian type.
*traditional Bulgarian :DDD

Yeah. Interdental sound is not so complicated. But for the typical Russian accent.

Fair enough, i can't pronounce ы for shit either

why not both ?

I mean after the late 13 hundrets we were no more and the torch so to speak was carried mainly by russia afterward

Chuj dupa kurwa cipa
Chuj dupa kurwa cipa
Chuj dupa kurwa cipa

Przeejeebaanee!
Przeejeebaanee!

Chuj dupa kurwa cipa
Chuj dupa kurwa cipa
Chuj dupa kurwa cipa

Szedł se górol na Giewoncie
i pierdolnął piorun w prącie...

Chuj! Chuj! Chuj! Chuj!
Chuj! Chuj! Chuj! Chuj!

youtube.com/watch?v=sj88Iuma6BQ

Cyrillic created two Greeks. They knew Latin. Two major Western culture.

It's really easy to learn how to read it.

Cyrillic is cool (hell, I have a degree in Russian), but Glagolitic is the shit.

the two "greeks" you are referring to are Cyril and Methodius, who were send to Moravia in order to provide them with a slavic script and potentially cut them off the catholic influence

the script they developed was the glagolic script

after their death their mission ended and their students were kicked out

they came here and under the patronage of king Boris they and other scholars developed the Cyrilic script used today that replaced the glagolic script

as for the two brothers, it is speculated they had some slavic heretige themselves but that is entering we wuz realm

Pepsi makes the traditional Russian drink in Russia. Kvass. bottle type looks traditional. Even too.When they want to emphasize the Russian origin. As Khokhloma.

Speaking of Russian drinks, I like Baikal. A bit expensive tho (~2 EUR per bottle).

Same company makes and imports GOST standard Tarhun.

Well, look.

Aй лaв ю
I love you

Example
Экзeмпл

It does not look longer. But Cyrillic enjoys the most numerous ethnic group in Europe.

Bulgarian know my story better than me?

I can read cyrilic but I understand only a few words.

It`s expected if you don`t know slavic languages.

>he drinks literal liquid sugar

enjoy your cancer, not even kidding

И лaик ит бyт ит иc a бит хapд тo pэaд. Ecпэcиaлли ин бyкc cинce мaни лэттэpc ape cимилap. (aлшщ ин)

benis

No spurdo that's an F

From a completely unbiased viewpoint it's the best fucking alphabet ever created.

haha :DDD

Just for the sake of fun, I tried adapting some languages into using Cyrillic.

>German
ÄÖÜ = ЯЁЮ, ß = C, S = 3, CH=Х and SCH=Ш. Then it works IMHO better than Latin.

>Italian
GN = Њ, GL = Љ. Stress needs to be deducted from context.

>Portuguese
It works, but only with a bunch of ugly hacks.
/ã ẽ ĩ õ ũ/ = aн eн ин oн yн
/ɛ ɔ/ = eь oь
"strong R" (RR, root beginning) = X. Etymologically ugly but it avoids digraphs.
"weak R" (end-syllable and intervocalic) = P

>Polish
steen.free.fr/cyrpol/index.html

>English
The same as with Latin alphabet: bash some random keys.

That's a goddamn sexy Ж

ß would be cc, not just c
ÄÖU can be written as ӘӨҮ, those sounds/letters exist in Kazakh etc

>ß would be cc, not just c
It would be annoying to set long and short vowels apart then. Single S gets 3 anyway, so there is no confusion.

Also, Cyrillic in general avoids digraphs. I only used those in Portuguese as hack.

Regarding ÄÖÜ: the problem is, that German uses the umlaut for grammatical purposes too. The iotated letters "hint" the link better IMHO.

> Single S gets 3 anyway
That could work if it's written as зъ or something when it's voiceless, e.g. at the end of a syllable.
ß could become cз then.
> German uses the umlaut for grammatical purposes too.
You don't say.
> The iotated letters "hint" the link better IMHO
Not really, the letters ӘӨҮ look more similar to AOУ than ЯЁЮ.

Also the letter Һ (from Kazakh as well) should be used to transliterate H.

Well, ß as C3 is ugly, but at least etymologically justifiable.

>зъ
No need - Slavic languages also "imply" devoicing at word end, so дaз, зибeн would be read as /das, ziben/ by the natives. The only "imported" rule would be the consonant doubling to make them /da:s/ and /zi:bən/. (Maybe зибeнн? I don't know if the stress would make the shortening implicit.)

Fuck, I forgot about it. Usually X is used in this situation, but German kinda complicates the scene...
Other alternatives would be Г for /h/, X for /x/ and Ґ for Sup Forums (like Ukrainian) or even repurpose Ч, since German has no "true" /ʈ͡ʂ/.
>X for /h/, [digraph] for /x/

bulgaria created alphabet used even up to mongolia
we are smart