youtube.com/watch?v=8HGb7yo4SFM
laweekly.com/music/henry-rollins-blow-up-your-taste-in-music-5426311
youtube.com/watch?v=ddOeLCD-Iuo
youtube.com/watch?v=0FG509-sQ9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Loneliness

cynicism

and mild autism

Roids make your dick small. He acts out because of his tiny cocklette.

Henry Rollins for these dubs

Textbook Sup Forumstant born in the wrong era

FROZEN
YOGURT

That specific time? He just wanted to show off for his cute Iranian friend. But also, he willingly seeks out conflict whenever possible.

>Roids
I don't think you've ever seen people on roids

Nobody would GET IN THE VAN!

that one interview where he bullied a high schooler caught up to him.

NO T-T-TALENT
I HAVE NO FUCKING TALENT
HAHAHA
IM MAKING FUN OF DJS DONT YOU SEE HEHEH
BUNCH OF TALENTLESS HACKS AMIRITE

I love this post. Please talk more shit about Henry Rollins, I am really happy right now.

GET IN THE VAN

He was fit as fuck, but not roided.

DJ FUCKHEAD

F-FU-FU-FU-WIKIWIKI-FUCKHEAD

youtube.com/watch?v=r3S-IuxseAI

FAMILY MAN

I WANNA FUCK ON THE FLOOR AND BREAK SHIT

a few years ago I was watching that video at a friends house and his mom walked in and started calling it blasphemy and to turn it off. funny shit.

warrior gene

He never died

but that kid was a fuckwit

DJ FUCKHEAD

t. 16-year old

t-18 year old

being a fucking arrogant idiot

has anyone ever tipped the fedora harder than Rollins?

well, wtf...

REALLY?

Went from jock to punk. A jock mindset and a punk mindset together is a recipe for a dickhead

This is like ICP for the 1980s

roids shrink you testies, not you dick sonny jim

what's his beef with family men? daddy issues?

>this

Henry was the worst part of this band and Keith and Ron are the only good singers this band ever had

Family Man is the ultimate edgelord

S O U P C A N

We all know Rollins is the natty limit.

Yeah he despised his dad for being a racist

who remember
youtube.com/watch?v=8HGb7yo4SFM

fuckin asshole

Shit just got real... Shit just got henryL.

Sorry... 'hen'RYL. #gaylatencyinhenryrollinsa

laweekly.com/music/henry-rollins-blow-up-your-taste-in-music-5426311

he became an avant-teen

He doesn't have it, though

Based dad would drink a beer with/10

Has anyone seen that TV show he did where they psycho-analysed him (or whatever) called Man Test? It explains a lot (if you have half an hour to kill)
youtube.com/watch?v=ddOeLCD-Iuo
youtube.com/watch?v=0FG509-sQ9U

people who constantly seek out conflict and then bitch and moan about how unlucky and wronged they are are the fucking worst. you're not special you're not a victim you're just a self centered idiot who can't stand not being the center of attention

Jesus christ Hank. Sure I guess the guy's a bit of a sellout with his boring life and his corny Christmas life but at least he doesn't rape women and kidnap children and crucify people...

wowe, deep tracks, hank.

also
>hit me like a truck
what a horrid cliche

Except it's good
I mean the video is low quality cringe, looks like a wrestler promo, but on the album it makes a totally different impact.

>Henry Rollins: Blow Up Your Taste in Music
>By Henry Rollins

I PUT MY FINGER IN IT

Abondoned by his parents, ace grade plumbing. Henry of r roamed the streets of whogives a fuck together with whogivesafuck, to join the band under the black banner... Leading to his ultimate demise on the battlefield of soldiers of love... .
The end.

So how many music legends has Henry Rollins stomped to death for not being hXc enough?

All the kids in his 3rd grade class used to call him Renry Hollins.

He was abused by his father and treated like shit as a kid, so he bottled up his angst and feelings of worthlessness. Some time as a teenager he translated part of this into a level of narcissism (which is merely self-focus, not self-praise), because in his mind if he's wrong, that means his father and everyone whoever mistreated him is right.

Even today he's constantly on the defensive. You'll notice he fairly frequently brings himself down - this is a very common tactics by people with low self-esteem, to prevent people from ragging on them by beating them to the chase - but is also incredibly recalcitrant and reactionary.

That video is an excellent example of all of the above. Minor teasing immediately kicks into gear that defense response, and he goes through the checklist - he brings himself down by implying the hipsters are mocking him over his age, he categorizes them all as enemies regardless of the fact they're just teasing and more or less respect him, and instead of supporting himself, practically hides behind the woman he's with, extolling her value while simultaneously insulting the hipsters in comparison.

Is that Jello in the middle?

It's Joe Strummer

who's the Norman Mailer-looking faggot?

who would win in a staring contest between rollins and nick cave?

GGGman?

It's Sid Vicious and Willie Nelson

Oh yeah you're right, they look kinda similar don't they

sorta like donald trump, no?

Johnny Cash

Melodramatic faggot. Sissy attention whore.

Thank you user.

I always found it weird that him and mackaye were childhood friends. There careers seemed to go off in opposite directions.

Henry has Marc Maron syndrome: a need to be "above it all" and dismissive filtered through crippling insecurity, a need for validation, and obsessive navel gazing.

Maron is self aware though. Rollins doesn't even know what the means.

He is guilty cuz he had his boyfriend executed for threatening to out him.

>dad was an asshole
>got beat up in school for being a whitey
>went to military school
>his best mate was shot while he was with him
I feel kind of bad for him to be honest.

Remember when Rick Rubin got Rollin's best friend and Black Flag's long time roadie Joe Cole shot in the face by acting a like a rich out of touch complete fucking idiot?

no, 'cause it never happened.

Don't you dare compare Maron to this mongoloid.

he a fag though

Rollins is simply not an intelligent or artistically motivated individual. He is a moron with a short man complex, a bad temper, and a combative attitude.

All of these things combined make him detestable, especially when he plays the part of a pseudo intellectual "artist" without anything to assure his credibility as being such.

I don't like using this phrase because it's cliched, but he is a poseur, in fact he's the archetypal poseur.

Naw you're just insecure

These

T H I S
H
I
S

Marc Maron is a huge asshole though

What happened?

cringe

What are you basing that opinion on? His Podcasts are cringingly vulnerable and he shares his struggle to give a shit. His kind of idiocy is something most 40+ers never manage to transmute. More power to him, I say.

Howard Stern is unbelievably better.

>HUR DUR DO YOU HAVE SEX? WHEN DID YOU FIRST HAVE SEX? DO YOU LIKE ANAL? YOU STRIKE ME AS SOMEONE WHO LIKES SEX

This was mindblowing in the 90's...

Beneath the juvenile humor he is very good at the art of interviewing someone, and he is much more self-aware in his nebbishing than Maron is.

He's a tryhard punk

Punk is a weird genre, because it's first wave is god-tier and all punk after 1981 or so sucks ass.

What the fuck? Ian had hair?

I love Maron, and I think Maron has grown through his self-awareness and desire to mature, but you know what I mean when I say "Marc Maron syndrome." It's a specific type of asshole.

>first wave
>god-tier
bet you lahk Shane Meadows films too. innit, you fookin bellend.

>80's punk is best punk
Look harder

>first wave is god-tier
Haha, no.

First wave punk music (punk rock, post-punk, new wave, hardcore punk) is fantastic and the peak of the genre but there's other great punk music. Post-hardcore gets a ton of shit because it has been co-opted by irritating scene kids but there's some really great post-hardcore from the late 80s and 90s.

>post-punk, new wave
wow wow hol up niglet
post-punk has even less to do with punk than 60s folk-rawk does with folk

Punk being considered dangerous and unsuitable for radio / tv in America really is the best thing that could have happened even if it really sucked for the musicians trying to make a living.

Punk was a mainstream "movement" like the hippies were in the UK and that just instantly gutted it and turned it into New Wave. Bands like the Clash obviously successfully branched out but on the whole UK punk rock music is just done after 1982.

he's obviously a chav

Yeah but it's a subgenre of punk music.

yes, surprisingly

Despite the misnomer post-punk really isn't a subgenre of punk at all. Post-punk bands like Television in the US and Wire in the UK were pure contemporaries of first wave punk bands and didn't really take influence from them.