youtu.be/6LlnbmYxZK8
uzumaki.bandcamp.com/track/an-engrossing-epitaph
saor.bandcamp.com/album/guardians
youtube.com/watch?v=vltFjJqrzRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is better than gin.

Why do you think that?

first for cute teddy bear

Who the fuck cares? Cobalt is mediocre as fuck.

AOTY

lmao, no idea how you (or that previous user if different) sees a teddy bear when first looking at that

Best death metal I've heard in years.

Seriously you don't see it? Huh
I just saw the skulls like yesterday, before there was this fluffy teddy (or a puppy) with a big head being hugged by this handsome qt3.14

Well I guess that's the risk you take while shooting these low-fi covers

You seem like a stupid person.

first for GRANDMAAAAA

GRANDMA WHAT WAS IT LIIIIIIIKE

Will Burzum ever release anything again? It's been 20 years since Filosofem, but their Encyclopedia Metallum page stills lists them as active.

This is a joke right

ebn

Wishful thinking

the vocalist left I think

>incoherent screaming
>incoherent playing
>no structure

so, is this supposed to just be atmospheric?

You know, so far this year with releases like the new Autechre and the Objekt mix that came out a few weeks back I thought that analog is pointless with only dad rockers like Dave Grohl caring about it. Digital is the future.

Then I listened to this album the day it came out. The comfy lovable warm sound everything has on it because of the analog production...ooof it's just too good guys. It just wraps itself around you and sucks you into the music. And this is without mentioning the varied influences and how well they transition from straight atonal to slightly atonal to slightly melodic to very melodic in the album. Richard Wagner would be proud of that.

>>incoherent playing
>>no structure

God you're new

>no ears

are there any other japanese bands as good as abigail and sabbat

how do i into this?

dont. just walk into traffic

Sigh
Boris (more for their drone than their metal though)

i came here expecting metalfags to not be edgelords. why are you being an edgelord?

youtu.be/U1bfZmFhj-M

if you actually find the music intriguing you will listen to it over and over until you develop an ear for it then all the riffs and shit make sense

>expecting metalfags to not be edgelords

youtu.be/6LlnbmYxZK8

is it supposed to be atmospheric?

it seems like if you're okay with being an edgelord, and perhaps WANT to be an edgelord, that sounds like r9k tier shit, and i know people who use this general aren't from r9k.

am i right

>comes to Sup Forums as a whole
>expects anons to be not edgy

even /out/ is edgy as fuck

No, you're wrong.

Bpretty good.

no

Oh, you're actually serious.

There's nothing incoherent about that song, the riffs are pretty standard death and black metal riffs, it's just the recording is raw and lo-fi.

THIS is some incoherent improv shit
uzumaki.bandcamp.com/track/an-engrossing-epitaph

i'm not the only one who usually lurks

can you explain, or are you content to be an edgelord? if you are, that's fine. i guess it's true metalfags are all shitters, and the genre mostly sucks, but if you guys are just indiscriminately digesting everything you hear because you got memed, well...

I meant you were wrong about everything. I'm not a metalfag and therefore not an edgelord.

so you agree metalfags are edgelords?

what's your interest in this general?

what are your top 10 albums? are you proud of them? would you post them, or are you afraid you'll get mocked?

do you guys remember when extreme metal sounded like noise to you

I remember when Slayer was satanic death metal and it made my mom cry when I blared it

I absolutely agree metalfags are edgelords, I implied that earlier.

My interest here is in calling metalfags edglords

I don't have a top 10 albums to share.

it's never sounded like noise to me.

>My interest here is in calling metalfags edglords
so does it bother anyone posting here that this guy just shows up to troll you?

same dude ive been listenign to death metal demo tapes recorded on answering machines since i was 8

What should I listen to? This is some stuff that interested me for one reason or another. Of the list, I've only heard a full project from Darkthrone and Amesoeurs. The rest I'm going in blind, outside of taking a peek to see if it seemed interesting.

I'm pretty sure most people who frequent here just come to shitpost and troll each other.

so does that mean

is just memeing? do you think he's serious at all? what percent of this general unironically listens to metal?

He's serious. But he's also pretty new.

And all of the general listens unironically to metal, but that doesn't stop them from being memeing, trolling fucks.

i remember trying to listen to Wehrmacht and it scared me

>And all of the general listens unironically to metal, but that doesn't stop them from being memeing, trolling fucks

I remember typing a very concerned an angry post in a video, around 2005, when I was like 10, of Cannibal Corpse performing 'Hammer Smashed Face' live. I rambled about how satanic the music was and how everyone should please look for God to be saved. Someone then replied to me comparing the appreciation of Death Metal to liking gory scary movies. Then it just clicked with me; I remember that realization and that comment to this day.

>I rambled about how satanic the music was and how everyone should please look for God to be saved

kek

my introduction to thrash was Slayer and to death metal was Cannibal Corpse so it hardly ever sounded like noise to me

I started with hellhammer, i remember it sounded so noisey to me at first but i liked it.

wew lads

Doesn't surprise me how much the left attacks metal for being icky white male music.

>British "Humour"

>implying that british humor isn't one of the few good things about bongland
pls

i love metal and hate niggers desu

good thread

>preacher shitposting the Sup Forums thread with memegrind and funk carioca

not me desu

favorite 2016 releases so far? please list at least more than one.

mine are

blood incantation
voidspawn - pyrrhic
the body & full of hell
howls of ebb
gorguts

i liked Wormed when it comes to metal

Finally a new Saor song guys!

saor.bandcamp.com/album/guardians

Vektor - Terminal Redux
Gojira - Magma
Megadeth - Dystopia

>Megadeth - Dystopia

the new
Horseburner
Cobalt
Spinebreaker
Bossk

ay, nice

youtube.com/watch?v=vltFjJqrzRc

It's Timeghoul.

whoa, this is different.

>doesnt know timeghol

ehhh, the production is okay, starts off really interesting, but then it turns into generic death metal. nothing going on here cryptopsy or suffo hasn't done better.

How is it generic death metal? It's clearly not. Then you compare it too Cryptopsy and suffo, two very different bands and neither of which are generic death metal.

>clearly

Yes. Clearly.

Oh look, some green text and a lolrandom reaction image. You sure can internet good.

So did you not have an actual counterargument or anything?
Why even pick the word clearly?

>So did you not have an actual counterargument or anything?
>Yes. Clearly.
>demands counter argument.
>doesn't have any argument whatsoever.

...Let what sink in?

this demands counterargumentthis was what the response wasso it got this

rude.

it took me forever to not see the pig in Obscura, don't feel bad

samefag

So no, you have nothing to say?

I don't think you know what samefagging is.

samefag

Who is saying what about what?

Welp you got me.

Exactly.

>Welp you got me.
vektor - terminal reflex

Name me bands that R I F F like this album

ehhh, the production is okay, starts off really interesting, but then it turns into generic death metal. nothing going on here cryptopsy or suffo hasn't done better.

How is it generic death metal? It's clearly not. Then you compare it too Cryptopsy and suffo, two very different bands and neither of which are generic death metal

>clearly

Yes. Clearly.