The ginger just vacated his WBC belt so that he wouldn't have to face Golovkin

The ginger just vacated his WBC belt so that he wouldn't have to face Golovkin.

When did Mexican boxing become such a joke? I used to respect you guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/articles/2641032-canelo-alvarez-vacates-wbc-title-comments-on-potential-gennady-golovkin-fight
instagram.com/p/BFkHRzsyIyK/
twitter.com/premierboxing/status/732985803605843968
twitter.com/bjsaunders_/status/733080430375755776
twitter.com/bjsaunders_/status/733078901359038464
boxingnews24.com/2016/01/204166/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who the fuck is he gonna fight then?

Wasn't him vs GGG supposed to be the event of the year?

He said he's still going to fight him

After the Khan fight he even called GGG into the ring and said "We Mexicans don't fuck around; I'll fight him at 160."

What a joke. This is the biggest bitch move since Riddick Bowe ducked Lennox Lewis in 1993. This is literally a historic duck.

>Who the fuck is he gonna fight then?

Another welterweight I guess.

And I have a bridge to sell you.

Will GGG still fight him with no belt? He can't possibly duck him. I'm assuming he just doesn't like the deadline

bleacherreport.com/articles/2641032-canelo-alvarez-vacates-wbc-title-comments-on-potential-gennady-golovkin-fight

There are no geese just ducks

More important that your faggot manlet boxing, THE KING IS READY.

And he's also now a pescatarian the absolute madman

instagram.com/p/BFkHRzsyIyK/

>mexican

that man looks irish

explain this shit

baka canelo i used to like him. Then he had to beat up on Amir khan and blatantly duck GGG even after saying he would fight him twice. smdh

With no belt, Canelo will demand 155 lbs and a larger percentage of the purse (I think the mandatory challenger automatically gets 30%, so Canelo must want more than 70%). Then when K2 rightfully decline that, Golden Boy will try to spin it as GGG ducking Canelo.

>2 months to go
>pescatarian

will tyson fury be ripped for this fight?

Lol I never believed that shit about him and Peter falling out

he's going to "mayweather" fight him

>request GGG goes through unheard of blood tests
>70/30 split in Canelo's favor
>GGG has to wear shackles on his ankles during the fight
>all of Canelo's landed punches count as two
>fight is in Mexico
>match is tables ladders chairs

>implying triple god still doesn't win

Fat Irish pussy

If thats true then what if GGG fights for his belt, then turns his attention to Canelo and gets to dicate all the terms? Surely that would be better than making less than 30% right?

I think the WBC will just give it to GGG now and he won't have to fight anyone for it. If I was his manager I'd do everything to get Saunders in the ring next so that GGG holds all of the belts and MW completely belongs to him. Canelo can't hide out at 155 forever

when that faggot De la hoya took over

people actually believe what OP writes LOL

Will this harm his reputation in Mexico or will people root for him regardless?

Sadly, this is pretty much spot on.

It's such a bitch move, but it makes total sense for Alvarez to do it. Especially since he probably realizes he'll get his ass beat at 160.

People call him "puto" in Mexico. I watched his fight with Cotto with a bunch of mexicans and everyone thought he lost. Even Mexico's national TV thought he lost that fight.

Mexicans are full on delusional in their support for their fighters. I made a killing betting a bunch of our warehouse guys that Mayweather would beat Alvarez.

he is not even liked that much

>in a Marquez fight had to get to the bar 4 hours early to get a decent table

>last canelo fight in the same bar had less people than a normal Thursday

Yes that makes sense. Canelo dropping his belt would make sense if GGG couldn't just pick it up straight away. Maybe he was banking on putting pressure on GGG to make the fight happen next or else he'd look like a coward?

That doesn't make sense when GGG's side could just straight up say that they're collecting the belts so they get paid right when they fight Canelo. That makes Canelo look like a jackass for trying to play games and delay the fight. If he was really concerned about deadlines, he should've let the belt be stripped on him that way he could blame all the bullshit on the governing body.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought he was like Mexico's David Beckham or something the way people go on about him.

Although I know that Chavez and Marquez have criticised him and I guess their opinion must hold a lot of weight.

This is fucking infuriating. He'll duck GGG until he's an old man.

People know he is a fraud. Some might cheer him, mostly those that are band wagoners and not really into the sport.

Boxing has been losing popularity as well, for very obvious reasons.

It's been a horrible week for boxing. First Povetkin now this

At least we have Parker-Takam this weekend

>Boxing has been losing popularity as well

That sucks. Most of my favourite fighters were always Mexican. Morales, the Marquez bros, Vazquez, Castillo, Arce, Carbajal, etc.

I like Estrada right now though

catchweights are fucking cancer

Estrada looks promising

at least there were some huge KOs on PBC last night
twitter.com/premierboxing/status/732985803605843968

Brutal... I love this cruiserweight division

"Like they say in Mexico, we don't fuck around! I'll fight GGG at 160, let's put on the gloves right now!" - Canelo in his post fight interview against Khan

What did he mean by this?

WBC just announced GGG as their super world champ. I guess the lineal middleweight champ ended with Canelo. A run of 50 or so years, ended by someone vacating.

Since his daddy De La Hoya owns Ring Magazine I guess he gets to keep that particular imaginary title.

>After the Khan fight he even called GGG into the ring and said "We Mexicans don't fuck around; I'll fight him at 160."

It's Hoya, he has no faith in Canelo yet.

The absolute fuck?

If this is legit it's surely one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in the sport of boxing.

everyone knows "right now" means "when I feel like it" in Mexico

Only Malinchistas (self hating mexicans) dislike Canelo. They also hate any other Mexican athlete succeeding at the moment, like Chicharito.

twitter.com/bjsaunders_/status/733080430375755776

What now?

Saunder is so based. I used to hate the guy but you have to respect somebody who tells it like it is. Even at his own expense.

Anyone have Mexico reaction yet?

twitter.com/bjsaunders_/status/733078901359038464

Hmm... it might actually happen.

(unless BJS is saying this shit cuz WBA said it's mandatory for GGG to fight Jacobs if Canelo vacates)

lost

I would love to see GGG go to the UK for that fight. Especially since nobody has to worry about a brutish stoppage in a Saunders fight.

Mexican press is crucifying him.

I thought GGG wanted to do PPVs now.
No way they can sell that shit to HBO after BJS stunk up the joint against Andy Lee.

>pillowhug
>ever

>crotchgrope
>ever

Enjoy your edgy WWE makeover.

>taking the bait
come on now

>gingers in charge of boxing

>boxing
>relevant

he's going to fight lemieux next at 160 so it makes up for it. Hopefully daniel jacobs or bjs for GGG next so he can unify the division. This is all actually really good. You guys really want to see canelo get smashed so soon? He's 25 we need him around for a little longer.

on one hand Canelo-Lemiuex is a waaaay more entertaining fight imo, on the other hand GGG-Canelo would be more important for the sport.

im so conflicted. Someone just get GGG his belt.

true, it's not even a question what GGG would do to him at this state, he's being smart and not blowing the hype early

I think at this point it's safe to say GGG is the most feared man alive. Has professional fighters running scared left and right

>You guys really want to see canelo get smashed so soon?
yes
>we need him around for a little longer
not if he's going to act like a punk

i dislike the meme that because a fighter takes an L (Canelo) already has one, that he is no longer marketable. Literally every great fighter aside from Mayweather took an L and it didn't effect anything in their career.

fight the best, if you lose who cares, better then never knowing.

Anyone would also fear you if you were a ruthless motherfucker from some gulag in Kazakhstan who was fighting bums on the street since you were a little kid.
Today's fighters are all prima donnas compared to him.

>golden boipussy still think canelo is a draw

canelo is scared of GGG, pretty simple. he isn't protecting his status as a PPV draw, because he isn't one. HBO won't release the khan/canelo PPV numbers because they are so low, apparently around 350k

Chicharito is shit for his national team

I love the stories about his sparing

Aparantly he isn't allowed to hit sparring partners in the head because he hits so hard

>implying he could beat Lemiux

And secondly, I seriously doubt it. Canelo's history doesn't suggest a guy that's looking for challenges. He's literally all about milking it.

If he had brown hair he'd be just another Mexican bum fighting on club cards.

>Fought Lara
>Fought Trout
>Fought Mayweather
>Not looking for challenges

lad

Mayweather literally doesn't count. That isn't a risk.

Well, I'm Mexican... and this mother fucker has just disappointed all of us. What a ginger fuck.

He was forced to fight Lara because people were sick of him fighting bums. Lara isn't really a risk anyway because:

1. He's not a mw
2. He's got a negative style which may work well against other unknowns, but when you're a steep B side against a guy with all the backing and judges, its safe to say you're getting no charity on the cards. Look at how Lara got jobbed against Williams ffs

>Trout
He lost to Trout and Trout was really not a great fighter by any stretch. Just a fringe guy that was begging for fights.

>Mayweather

A WW that slapped him around for 12 rounds. Hardly a risk considering the $. Anyone would take that "risk"

whew lad

No bigger pussy in sports than Canelo. All of Mexico should be embarrassed.

You never used the word risk and neither did i. You said 'challenges' those fights were challenging fights based on fighting styles

Back peddal more though

Not at all, Oscar De La Hoya just makes him seem like he's popular.

Huck vs. Glowacki was mental

People in Mexico don't like him, most people thinks the national tv stations make him seem bigger than he is, which is true

Semantics.

Not backpeddling. Merely pointing out that the guy is a joke. Fucking fighting Amir Khan??/

As if Gomez/Rhodes/Matt Hatton/Baldomir/Josesito Lopez weren't bad enough. He goes and picks on Amir Khan. JUST.

Da GGGOAT

>GGG
>Canelo gib me belt

>Canelo
>ok

How do they have a picture of Golovkin with the belt if Canelo still has it in Mexico?

totally bitch made

GGG is just that good

In a just world, any boxer that would vacate a championship belt to avoid fighting someone would have to do a penance tour of matches to re-establish themselves while begging for another shot before ever being afforded any respect within the sport.

How does fighting someone who GGG thoroughly dominated make up for ducking Golovkin? Outside of another Mayweather or Paq fight, this is the biggest fight in the entire sport. They are clearly the two best in their division, and it would unify three belts and the lineal MW title.

Golovkin is 34. He can't wait 10 years for Canelo to realize that 155 isn't a real weight division. Canelo is in the prime of his career. He already went up against Mayweather. There is no argument for this to be put off. The time for this fight is now.

Canelo isn't clearly the best in any division. He has a say at LMW but at MW he's completely untested. I'd say he struggles to make top 5.

If he fights above 154 and below 160 then he is a middleweight. But if you don't think its Canelo, who do you think is the second best MW after GGG?

Jacobs then Saunders.

After that Lemieux, Quillin, and Andy lee are also at the same level I'd put Canelo.

Jacobs, BJS hell i'm pretty sure Chris Eubank Jr would handle Canelo

Forgot about Eubank, He has a style that would royally fuck with Canelo.

I think you guys are seriously underrating Canelo. He is clearly a step below GGG, and has been acting like a complete pussy for the last year, but he's still a very good boxer. That's what's so frustrating about this whole mess.

He is, of course he is. But the MW division isn't a joke. Popular to contrary belief, it's not dead or lacking talent. there are very serious contenders with great talent in it.

apology for poor english

when were you when middle weight dies?

i was sat at home watching GGG highlight when dan ring

‘canelo is kill’

‘no’

and you????????

>respecting spics

Golovkin is roided up anyways

So is Canelo btw

>watching boxing after the pacquiao run

everyone who's worth anything in this sport now is roided up as well.

After the Pacquiao run?

Don't you mean after the Evander "Evan Fields" Holyfield run?

He asked for a 90/10 split on the purse already

boxingnews24.com/2016/01/204166/

That was before my time, but I've watched soooo much boxing. Finally just got sick of it. But yeah I wouldnt be surprised if it goes back that far.

But for me manny was the dude who changed everything. Between him and Mayweather, they both killed the sport for me personally. But what ever dude, dont even like this sport anymore.

he could be doing it to avoid it going to pursebids

>I thought GGG wanted to do PPVs now.

he really cant, his last ppv fight didnt sell too well, a big reason for this is because he has nothing but cab drivers on his record

>b-b-but they duck him
he had a chance to fight ward and he ducked and Lara has been calling him out