So there's this cute girl who I see around my school a lot and I've been thinking about trying to talk her...

So there's this cute girl who I see around my school a lot and I've been thinking about trying to talk her. The school year just started two weeks ago and I haven't seen her talking to anyone, and I figured I should try to talk to her because I always see her on her own. She's really cute, but the other day she wore a twenty one pilots shirt and today she was wearing a Pierce The Veil shirt or some shit like that. I was hoping she'd be patrician, but the chances of that were pretty low. However, I still figure I can try to talk to her and maybe get her into some good shit because she's cute and she doesn't talk to anyone else. She doesn't look like a faggot who listens to bad screamo or anything either, she dresses pretty cool and is seemingly introverted. My question is what should I try to get her into? There are some patrician alternatives to Pierce The Veil that I figured I could try, like maybe Converge and Deafheaven or some shit, but admittedly I'm not very well-versed in metal, so I was wondering what good metalcore or screamo shit I could suggest. Also, can someone think of any good twenty one pilots alternatives since I'm not even sure there are any? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

trntbl.me/gothicirl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pierce the Veil isn't that bad, their fanbase is just shit. Honestly PTV is probably the most patrician out of bands that she'd probably like. Other bands she'd probably be into include Sleeping With Sirens, We Came as Romans, Memphis May Fire, Bring Me the Horizon,Of Mice and Men, and Asking Alexandria. A Day to Remember probably would be a good choice as well. Converge and Deafheaven aren't relevant to the scene for today's teenagers so they would be bad choices.

Since we're talking about grills:
>Get to know qt
>She literally doesn't like me at all

so should i still be on speaking terms?

doesn't like you in a romantic way or in a platonic way? Girls have friends who are also girls, keep them around to expand your web of people. If things don't work out with them then they have friends too.

everyone else around me isn't interesting enough. I'm not even broken up about this or anything, there's just no other options

forgot to answer the question, not in romantic way. It's a friend thing at this point.

I don't really agree with the whole "trying to make someone patrician" or whatever because I think that's pretty lame, but I knew a girl in high school who was into the metalcore scene and we both liked Deftones a lot so we would talk about that, they're pretty good. At The Drive In, Converge and Bring Me The Horizon are cool too. Don't sperg out though and immediately try to rec her shit just get to know her and if you guys end up talking about music just talk about those bands I just said.

rape her

play her saetia, or like orchid or some shit. the newfound interest in connecticut is dope too

Keep talking to her unless she feels uncomfortable around you. You've got nothing to lose

The problem is that she's just as fucked up as I am, I've tried to make her hate me but it doesn't work

also tl;dr don't be a nerd, Deftones and Bring me the Horizon is your best bet.

>Pierce The Veil
>Not patrician
op never fails to be a pleb

>today's teenagers
all of those bands are for teenagers from 2009

People that are into Mealcore now don't like those guys though, they're into the whole warped tour boy band thing.

I like Deftones, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Appreciate the other recs, too. And I'm not just gonna immediately try to suggest shit, I'll just see how shit plays out and then maybe give her like one or two suggestions and see how it goes from there. I feel you on the "making someone patrician" thing, though, I won't try to force anything on her and if she doesn't end up liking any of the shit I do but she's cool, I'll still try to talk to her

Thanks, I'll look into those bands

why would you want to change her? mold her? Gross as shit broh let her be. she doesn't need your stupid music recs nor asked you to be an idiot weirdo to her. if you want to talk 2 her just do it. be open. share. don't be like "hell this gril is cute. but she is not good solely for being herself she needs me to make her fit into my satisfactory girl ideal (she needs to be like me) 2 be of value". this comment doesn't answer your questien at all by the way and i am sorry for that. but jesus

I agree with you, but obligatory.

OP sounds like he's only had one or less meaningful romantic relationship, and is most likely still in high school. He sounds as selfish as I used to be back then, but hey, maybe he'll grow from this, if not during it. I just hope he doesn't fuck her up.

I mean I wasn't saying I would try to change her or anything, just find something to bond over maybe. Like I said here I'm not gonna force her to listen to anything and even if her music taste doesn't line up well with mine, I'll still talk to her if she's cool

If you're genuinely interested in them go for it. It's good in relationships for you to like your own shit. Don't make it your mission to fucking convert them either that's weird. If you're driving around or something, then yeah play the music you like, but don't go out of your way to make them like the shit you like.

well brih the way you worded all of that gave me the vibe that you were trying to mold her. anyways, it is good to know that you are not. if your heart is pure then i wish you the best of luck with her. :) lol. here is this also, she probably listens to all of these bands: trntbl.me/gothicirl

every girl I know that had this taste now listens to Sup Forumscore ..

Yeah, looking at it now it does seem like I was saying I'd try to change her, but that's definitely not my intention. Appreciate the concern

kill yourself fatty virgin

this

In my own personal experience the fact that they have an interest in music is more important than anything. The kind of music they're in isn't really as relevant. I dated a girl into the typical sort of tumblr shit, but it was cool. We could explain why we liked the music we liked and that was really fulfilling enough.

>Converge and Deafheaven
>not relevant to teenagers

ahahah if only you knew

>This entire thread
Holy shit just kill me now

Yo, why don't you try and talk to her and get to know her for a while first before giving her your awesome opinions on music that you totally didn't have to ask a a Malaysian plummer's apprentice message board for?

I mean, rather than try and pretend you're interested in her taste in music (which, if your post is accurate, is roughly equivalent to an 18-wheeler carrying a bunch of cattle that's tipped over on the highway) you could instead let her know where your actual interests lie.

If you're gonna talk about Converge though, you should mention the version of "Jane Doe" ripped at 33 rpm instead of 45 rpm.